May 2, 2010

Welcome to Lagos: The Series

After the first episode, I had high hopes for what the series would bring but I soon became a bit disappointed that the whole Welcome to Lagos series only seemed focus on one aspect of Lagos. Truly the human stories stuck out in all of this but I think they could have made the reporting more balanced by highlighting other parts of Lagos. It was very enlightening to watch the way some people live, make a living and in general enjoy life. Sometimes, it makes you grateful for what you have. When you see someone saving up to get their own place made of a few wood planks, you shouldn't complain about your two-story home being too small. I would probably say having gratitude and appreciating your life, is all about having the right perspective.

For those who havent had a chance to watch any of it, I have embedded them below. Enjoy and have a blessed start to your week.


WELCOME TO LAGOS PART 1


WELCOME TO LAGOS PART 2


WELCOME TO LAGOS PART 3

2 comments:

s.chic said...

thanks so much for putting this up...heard much about it and been wanting to atleast see what it's all about

DiAmOnD hawk said...

you're very welcome. hope you enjoyed them and feel free to share it with others. I found the series to be quite enlightening although I did expect some more aspects of lagos to be featured.