April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

Easter is here!

Thank God for seeing us through the Lenten period. What did you give up for Lent. Did anyone of you fast? Amongst other things, I gave up chocolate.... M&M peanuts specifically. It seemed almost like I was addicted to those things. I survived! Some things that you think you can't do without, you actually can... Maybe next year, I'll try TV. That will be serious because I always have it on, whether I'm watching it or not... perhaps it's my need for noise? I gave up listening to a certain radio station as well, and only had music from my iPod or a Christian station playing in my car. A lot of the gossip and news that go around, you really can do without!

Today, we have 3 services at church. I really thought I would be at the 1st service which started at 6am but I woke up too early, went back to sleep and woke up too late to get there on time. Last night, a friend had her birthday and I'm so glad I went to celebrate with her. I almost didn't go because the place we were going was very expensive but it was nice all the same. I convinced someone else that was invited - but was wavering in her decision- to go as well and it turned out we were the only two that did not cancel on her. Don't you just love planning things with people who cancel last minute? NOT!!!! That's the major reason I'm glad I went because it wouldve sucked if everyone didnt show up and she would have had dinner by herself. So we had a nice time, and I got home a bit late... Anyways, I do not like being late to church. If I'm going to be late to church, I just catch it online - which I'm doing now before the preaching starts- but it might be better to go late than not go at all... right?

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE. God bless you on this Resurrection Sunday. May the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, reside within you on this day and forevermore... Amen

____________________

Fred Hammond will be the special guest artist at the 8:30a and 11am services. Bishop Eddie L. Long will be preaching at all 3 services! You are welcome to join our services live if you cannot make it to church today. You will not be disappointed.

click HERE to join the service live

4 comments:

Justjoxy said...

Happy Easter :). I think people don't want to say upfront they can't attend, and thunk it's easier if they just don't show up. Glad y'all had a nice time. Can't make it to church today, just might join in.

onosetale(damsel) said...

Happy Easter. Going to church late is better than not going at all though ;-)

Miss Enigma a.k.a UnderCover07 said...

Thanks for sharing ur church link...I listened in. Nice service, but that ur Pastor's out is distracting o...lol. The muscle top and baggy pants; displaying his guns.

Have a fab week!!!

DiAmOnD hawk said...

JustJoxy, were you able to join in? I totally feel what you're saying about not wanting to say no upfront

@ Onosetale, I quite agree... there's no replacing being in the actual service

LOL @ Miss Enigma... he sure looks great!