July 24, 2009

I wanna dance...

While updating my love song playlist (it's a whitney houston day today!)... I started looking for a song by a friend of mine who used to blog.. his name is Sola... and he did a version of Crazy Love** that I loved... just him and his guitar... infact I told him that when I get married, he will be singing at my wedding. I didnt know him when we started chatting on blogger but come to find out days later that he was really good friends with my cousin... what a small world we live in... I cant find the youtube version of what he did... I thought I may have posted it on my blog but apparently not... what I did find... was an old post... I guess you could say this was the start of the blogger reality shows... or the blogger Bachelor show which I hosted on my blog.

Blogging used to be so much fun. I think I shared so much a part of who I was... the crazy parts... the loving parts... and the WTF parts... you know... all the things that make me human... but then I began to censor myself as I got to know more people and I guess as I got older. I guess that's just the way life is. There are even some posts that I go back to read and promptly put in the draft status...

but anyways... here's the post for your reading pleasure... you can tell how much fun we were having with ourselves... So I Was Just Thinking

The post was written a little less than 3 years ago... and wow.. how time flies... and how it changes as well... Im grateful for blogger and the friends that I've made. They have all in one way or another been an added blessing to my life.
**I've asked Sola to send me the youtube clip of him singing if he still has it... so you can hear the awesomeness of his voice!

as far as my playlist goes... as I stated earlier... it's a Whitney Houston day... I fell in love with track#2 when I first heard it so many years ago as a preteen... I think it goes along with loving Romance Novels... you gotta listen to the words... I was thinking how awesome it would be to have her sing track #3 on my playlist as I walk down the aisle... I can just imagine how powerful those moments would be or how track #1 would be a really good first dance song that could incorporate others towards the end... I'm really not into slow dances... My mind obviously is on weddings these days... I'm not getting married yet... when that time comes... and soon in Jesus' name... you will be updated accordingly. Anyways enjoy and have a great weekend!




10 comments:

UnderCover07 said...

1st!!!

UnderCover07 said...

...I love that song "I wanna dance with somebody" it mkes me want to get up and dance wiv no limitations watsoever...:)


Will go bk n read ur old post.

DiAmOnD hawk said...

i know what you mean girl...
twas nice chatting w/u this morning! :-)

chayoma said...

i bliv in you and me!
loves it!
Looking forward to Whit's comeback!
"i look to you" is slowly growing on me :)

Good Naija Girl said...

I loooove Whitney! I remember listening to her cassette (remember those?) back in the 80s and trying to memorize every inflection and word. I love All at once.

Gosh time flies!

Have a great week.

DiAmOnD hawk said...

never heard the song till today...
soooooooooooooo does the song have special meaning for you? :-p

have a great week as well

Anoda Phase said...

looks like u've been on a music high these past few weeks...hope u r having fun...

THIRTY + said...

Know what you mean about how blogging used to be fun.

Funny enough was thinking of moving some of my old post into draft.

The Diary of A Naija Girl said...

Nice blog u gat dear...thanks for stopping by my page.

The Diary of A Naija Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.