April 20, 2009

My confession...



Happy Monday everyone!

Hope you had a great weekend. Yesterday I didnt go to church but I watched it online and then I watched the movie FireProof, which is a really good movie with a fantastic message. [They have a blog too]. Unlike all the wonderful romantic movies we watch or romance novels we read, great relationships just dont happen... it takes work! Amen somebody? Are people willing to do the work though? The chase is fun... what about after that?


I rarely blog about le boyfriend....
expand post...
I experience a range of emotions with things concerning him: from butterfly feelings being in love to exasperation to indifference to.... you name it... I've probably gone through it. We have a unique relationship and one of the reasons I dont say much about it is because I want no one to feed me their opinions. He's much better about it than I've been in the past...

There are certain things I like... these things he feels he's not so competent in. And I kind of agree! So forgive me that I get excited when I get these things from other people. I have to wonder though about the 80/20 rule (heard in the Movie, Why Did I Get Married] So, to get some of the things I like... I may be sacrificing the 80 aka le boyfriend... for the 20% aka side attractions. Is anyone ever really 100%

This love business sef. If you are sooooooooooo attracted and soooooooooooo in love with someone... does it/should it make it impossible to be attracted to someone else?

One thing I like about the fireproof movie that was highlighted was that when you're in the dating/courting stage, you're learning all about your partner, but once you're settled in marriage or a long term relationship (like moi), then you kinda take things for granted and stop learning... you stop doing some of things that made the other person want to get to know you ... want to be with you...

I remember once, as my status on facebook I said "if you dont take care of your significant other, someone will do it for you"... which in a way is true...

Anyways all that is a long story...
At the end of the day... I love my boyfriend... with all the range of emotions I feel...
and last week... I wrote some of my thoughts for him... or about him... rather about me...
My Confession...

Baby....

yes you
I want you like you cant imagine
I know I act all prissy and proper
With polite smiles and cute little head nods
but rest assured that my mind goes beyond my present decorum
I want to lay you out in all kinds of ways
Have you thinking you're going crazy
mind explosions, with simultaneous head convulsions
Baby this is one ride that should never have to end
I want to do everything you've thought of
*[Pause. Think about it.]*
Then start on everything I've dreamt of… imagined… invented…
*[Laughs]*
Oh my my my
I want to...
and then...
and oh baby... that too
Thoughts of you are terrorizing my head and my body
And everything in between
invading my sanity
I'm just about to explode
Gasping for breath...
wanting to die but hoping to live for just. another. moment.
Oh baby
it's you...
no one else but you
it's you that makes me smile
makes me want to spit, you've got me so mad
makes me want to scream illicit words like... and...
My curse and my blessing...
Cant get enough of it all
so dont let the 'lady' fool you baby

This is my confession...
*[Polite smile]*

Have you heard of the 80/20 rule? And how do you know that the person you're with really is the 80... not the 20... and that other person that you're eyeing, thinking they're the 20% really is the 80... tu comprends?

8 comments:

UnderCover07 said...

First!!!!!

naijagirl said...

I have heard of the 70/30 rule and you are measuring with things you are looking for in someone. At the end of the day, it takes the grace of God to be able to find the right person or someone who is compatible with you

uhhh qui, je comprend

mypenmypaper said...

R u referring to the Pareto Principle (the 20 produces the 80), or something else?

DiAmOnD hawk said...

the pareto principle has been modified to fit relationships or rather it's been redefined... In this case... it's saying your mate probably has 80% of what you want/need... but you grieve over the 20% that you're not getting... maybe get a divorce because of it or go out and find it elsewhere... you focus more on the little bit that's wrong... rather than appreciating the bigger percentage that's right

disgodkidd said...

hey diamond, i can relate to this so well. the up and down feelings in love relationships can be so complicated. and as for the 80/20 rule, its worth a lot of thought. am with someone now that i enjoy a lot but we seem to be incompatible in some areas, and am wondering....

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

hmmmmmmmmm ms d.. I'll go think about it.

THIRTY + said...

Oui je comprend.

disguisedfeelings said...

I believe you've got the 80% when you both understand (or at least try to) each other, when you have peace about the relationship, and you are happy, and free to be yourself with the other person, no pretences!