December 6, 2008

I believe in God

There was a tag that was to start on December 1 which I was to be a part of but I didnt do it. I planned to do it but time somehow ran away from me. I really need to be better at time management... instead of facebooking during my free time!

When it was suggested, this is the statement of faith that came to mind: I believe in 1 God, the Father, the Almighty, Maker of Heaven & earth, & of all that is seen & unseen.

I believe in God because He is

Jehovah-Rophe - The Lord who heals: When I was a kid, I woke up one day with a fierce temperature. I was very sick. I believed that if you prayed in water and you drank it that all would be well. I believe either my mom or dad prayed in water for me, I drank it, went back to sleep and I woke up feeling much better. I remember that time with so much fondness. When I believed so much... when nothing could shake it because I knew that God was in control... ooo... to have the faith of a child once moreo.

Jehovah-Jireh - The Lord will provide: Oh Yes! He does this quite well. I've blogged previously on my experience in college and not having parental support to pay for it. One day I went to the finanacial aid office... and the head guy awarded me enough money to pay up my debt and even overflow into the next school year

Jehovah-Shalom -The Lord our peace: He grants the peace that surpasses all understanding. I remember years ago I had a bad manager. Goodness... I dont think you can escape having a bad manager. I didnt like her demeanor and her I felt she was an ineffective manager. One day at church... it's weird how it happened. I just felt this burden lifted... and I was just at peace with it all. Just like that it went away. She was soon removed as a manager in my department but it didnt make a difference because I was at peace with everything.

Jehovah-Gaden Milchamah - Mighty in Battle and Jehovah-Ganan - The Lord is our defence: Yes. Yes. Yes. God is the ultimate defender. I can tell you that this last half of the year, I have seen some highs and some lows and sometimes I just felt like I wanted to run away from it all but I realized that God's plan is to grow me. If he brought me to it... He will surely see me through it.

Jehovah-Shammah- The Lord is there... here!: My God is here to dwell wherever I am... to govern... to defend... to prosper... What comes to mind is "Relax... God is in control"... He is the Alpha and the Omega... He that began a good work in me... with me absolutely faithful to complete it as long as I remain faithful and steadfast in my walk with Him.

These are a few reasons I believe in God...

What about you? What is your testimony? Why do you believe in God?

These are a few others that believe in God


You can add the link to your "I Believe in God" post below for others to share and delight in

6 comments:

Rita said...

I like your link thing...

I love the way you used the different names of God...wow! The timing for this post is just right...

Thanks for sharing.

Believer said...

So many names, one God, so many facets to His personality, one GOD. I believe in God, thanks for being a part of this!

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

I really feel this. This God is just so so awsome. Some of the things He does just leaves you wondering, how can it be that He is so mindful of me. I love this post.

Street Preacher said...

Thanks for reminding me about His lovely names... I need Him to be all that to me...now

ShonaVixen said...

I loved this post!!!I believe!!!

Fanny said...

*D*, been thinking which aspect of God i'd use to express why i believe. Too many. This post is timely cos a few days ago i wondered if i believed in God because everyone else did, or because i believe in God. I believe! and thanks.