November 6, 2008

30 Days of Thankfulness 3 - Day 6

Sometimes you try to be thankful and it's sooooooooooo hard. How are you thankful when you're going through stuff. I alternate within the same breath being mad at God and asking Him to be with me. Is this normal? It's all nice when everything is going well but when everything is not? Am I fickle with my faith? Something has got to change... since God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow... Inductively, I'm reasoning that it's me.

I'm just Thankful today...
I'm thankful for the day... Life has had its ups and downs and I have to believe that this shall soon pass... I just have to hold on... so I guess I'm thankful for the ability to hold on

What are you thankful for today?


Isaiah 54:17
No weapon that is formed against you will prosper; And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their vindication is from Me," declares the LORD.

Song dedication: Boyz II Men - Just hold on

4 comments:

Jaycee said...

I agree with you that it is indeed hard to be thankful when one is going through stuff...take it from Job!

But like air, we rise! We still will rise each morning to give Him our PRAISE! Why? Because there is yet an appointed time...:)

disgodkidd said...

ditto diamond...even being thankful for the ability to hold on is so hard for me right now...i actually feel thankless, so i will just nod my head at your words...

@jaycee, i so envy you. i know for your email that you are no queen in a castle and yet i dont know anyone more royal with her faith as you. Bless you. And i guess am thankful for you.

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

If Im honest with myself, I too struggle with my faith, especially when it appears that all is lost, but I am reminded of what my friend Joy once said to me, the end is what that matters and God has already told us what the end will be. He never said it would be easy, only that it will not prove false and all will be well.. stay blessed dearie..

MissLove said...

This is a nice post...as it speaks to me to be thankful as i have been complaining a lot about stuff :)..like ur blog too