November 27, 2008

30 Days of Thankfulness 3 - Day 27

Thanksgiving day!
I am sooooo full.. turkey,ham, potato salad, sweet potato souffle... red wine...
Sometimes I have these thoughts that go through my head... some I wish I'd never think...
I take a look at myself and there are so many things I can complain about. I wish this and I wish that... never being satisfied... feeling as if there's something more... I just want to thank God for myself... I want to thank God for the people he surrounds me with. I want to thank him that I went to Bootcamp and survived! I want to thank him for these legs of mine, that walk me where I want... these puppy dog eyes of mine that are able to see far and near... these hands of mine that help me type out each blog post and write so beautifully... my teeth... even though I want to get them unnecessarily whitened, that helped me chew on the turkey today... so many little things that we take for granted... I'm not perfect.. I'm always trying to reach for something that I think we make me feel better... look better... but I need to realize that I'm wonderfully made... flaws 'n all. I understand what it means to say "in everything give thanks"... because you dont realize how not so bad your situation is until you meet someone else in a worse predicament than yours... then you realize... oh... i think i'm good

Happy Thanksgiving.

What are you thankful for today? this season?

Song dedication: Train-Give a little bit & Beyonce-Flaws n all

2 comments:

good naija girl said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am pretty good at thanking God for his blessings but you're right that it says "in everything give thanks"...I think I need to look at the challenges in life and remember to thank Him for them too, and what they are put in my life to do.

Thanks for the reminder!

Naijadude said...

Happy thanksgiving to you, lovely!!

I am thankful cos I am still living. You know for a second, I kinda forgot why I should be thankful for any reason, but thanks for the note....I am thankful for something , atleast!

Thanks!!