November 21, 2008

30 Days of Thankfulness 3 - Day 21

I woke up early this morning and I heard the howl of the wind...
men.... not only is it cold but it's windddddyyyyyyyyyy
and I got reminded of this song

what manner of man is this... the wind and the sea obey Him
what manner of man is this... He opens blind eyes... He makes the lame walk
it's Jesus the healer... Jesus the healer... it's Jesus redeemer, lover of men

now I'm not sure if those lyrics are exactly right... the last line especially but today Im reminded of praise and worship songs from Nigeria. One day, coming home from church, I had a praise session with my boyfriend... just singing songs from home that were almost forgotten... what a joyous atmosphere it was....

Today I am thankful for the praise and worship songs that I learned while I lived in Nigeria. I am thankful for my exposure to the Maranatha singers and the Kids Praise... I remember one with Ebenezer Obey titled "Jesus is coming" but I cant find it anywhere.... I successfully bid on ebay for the Maranatha Praise Band 1-3 CDs.... also downloaded the Maranatha Acapella album from itunes... I love all those songs... and surprisingly I remembered most of the lyrics.... I am thankful for all those yoruba songs that I cant quite get right with the lyrics... all those songs that once you hear them make you want to just jump up and dance or ki? ko? mo le...

What are you thankful for today?

7 comments:

Jaycee said...

Oh Naija praise and worship...there's nothing like praising God in your own language (or culture). It's a more intimate level of worship.

I thank God today for giving me the ideas to make wealth...

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

I am really thankful to God for his closeness especially when u need to hear from Him. Just yesternight I went to bed, only for God to answer me speedily..... Today I am thankful for that intimate relationship.

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

she wonders why you havn't been to, or added him to your list.. u know what im talking about missy ;-)

Kafo said...

im thinking of the song
what manner of man is Jesus hallelujahhhhhhhhh
what manner of man is Jesus hallelujahhhh

Fanwest said...

I'm thanking God for allowing an intimate relationship with him. I'm thanking God for the opportunity to make wealth... I'm thanking God for all He has done, and all He did not do. Thank God.

Favoured Girl said...

I'm thanking God for His promise to me that He will never leave me or forsake me. I'm thanking God for peace of mind, even when there's a storm going on around me.

Hope you are doing great sweetie :)

Favoured Girl said...

I just had to come back. I remember Kids Praise now with so much fondness! When I was young, we had a kids bible club that we attended where we watched those videos and perfomed most of the songs! Sigh**********