November 13, 2008

30 Days of Thankfulness 3 - Day 13

Joy comes in the morning...

I feel good about today... I woke up and was determined that today would be a better day and it was... I had a meeting with my manager. She wanted us to talk about how we could communicate better. She wrote a few things down and asked me to come up with a few things on monday so that we can improve our working relationship but God help me... I dont know what will improve it except she changes the rating she gave me... I'm having a hard time getting past that rating...

Anyhoo... whatever... I am grateful for family... Right now in Nigeria my family is preparing to bury my grandfather... He was such a wonderful man... He would see me and immediately reference his sister... who I look exactly like... I even tilt my head and smile like her... technically he's my granduncle but you know how that goes... he's "grandpa" to all the children... He started going down hill as soon as his wife died... like the very next day... it hurt my mom to see that because she was very close to him... I know that tomorrow will be hard on her but I'm glad that she's able to celebrate his life in her own manner... I'm grateful to all the family members that have travelled near and far to celebrate his life.... You know Family can be crazy... but sometimes they can be the best....

Today is a new day... it was a brighter day... and i'm determined to keep on moving...
Thanks for the words of encouragement on the previous post...


What are you thankful for today?

3 comments:

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

a good friend of mine just joined blogger, go show him some luv..

http://emeka-whatisthislife.blogspot.com/

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

I read also 2 Chronicles 20:15b, 17b and 20b.. wow.. Dale hold on : 20b - Have faith in the LORD your God and you will be upheld..

Today is a new day..

Jaycee said...

Don't know what we would do without family?

Diamond, in your weakness God's strength is made perfect (I said that because wow, you seem to be strong on the outside, but then you give these crazy testimonies that signify that it really isn't your strength, but God's). Keep trusting Him...