November 12, 2008

30 Days of Thankfulness 3 - Day 12

I've typed and retyped what I wanted to write today...

Today was a hard day for me... I went through my quaterly review at work
I basically went through some character assassination
My direct Manager stretched some truths and fabricated some things
which is why I had commented on Jaycee's blog some time ago.. that God is my ultimate Defense when it seems that I have none. I'm trying not to stress out... Trying not to cry out... After being promoted 3 times within a year's period... what this woman is saying is that I should be demoted. I'm not sure if I should even laugh... It would be understandable if what she was saying was true... if her critique of me was correct... but it is not. I pride myself on being hardworking... or being truthful but somehow all my accomplishments are being summed up as "does not meet expectations"... I. CANNOT. FIGHT. THIS. BATTLE. I dont have any more words to add... except that for every tear that I've shared... for every moment of stress... this woman... this instrument of the devil will surely pay... Now she's trying to poison... or already has... the minds of the other senior managers... I've asked those people... you know me... you know the work I'm capable of... my character over the past couple of years has been proven time and time again... The position I hold in management is not one that is just given to anyone... How does one go from exceeding all expectations to not within the span of 2 - 3 months... How is that... She has been working on this assassination campaign for a minute now... but Everything that has been planned for my demise... will turn around for my good in Jesus' Name...

so today... I tried to hold on to God... tried to remember the promises in Joshua 10:8... in Isaiah 54:17

I am just thankful for my job... I dont know what the future holds in it... but I have to trust and believe that God has a greater purpose for me... like disgodkid... I will be counting down. I've cried until I didnt think I had it in me to cry anymore and still the tears fall. I hate injustice... I hate it even more when it's happening to me... so i'm holding on right now... I'm not where I used to be... God has brought me from a mighty long way... and has elevated me to where I am... and in Jesus' Name.. I will continue on... Tomorrow is another day!!! And for some reason... that thought is putting a smile on my face...

What are you thankful for today?

5 comments:

Jaycee said...

...you know what? Exodus 14:14 ("The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace.")

I'm cheering you on...

Mwah!

ps: I've been brainstorming on what we discussed...that shd make u smile...:)

disgodkidd said...

dear God, you turned the injustice against joseph to his favor; do even better for diamond. thank you. in Jesus name.amen.

Kafo said...

please
what God has for you is for you and NO ONE not even your boss can take it from your, your steps are ordered by Him and so sometimes you might need to be brought low to recieve your blessing but it is in His hands and that gives mii comfort and peace

Emeka Amakeze said...

Our life is that of purpose and that is the way GOD planned it. He knows your trials and difficulties and would always be there for you. Give Him the praise for he has done it already for you and don't you ever give your detractors the satisfaction of seeing your tears.

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Keep holding on : The Lord is with you, and He will defend you.. keep holding on..

2Chronicles 32:7-8 - especially vs 8:
With her is only the arm of flesh, but with YOU is the LORD our God to help YOU and to fight our battles...

To think I read this yesterday, and was too busy to encourage you with it.. hold on babe..