November 11, 2008

30 Days of Thankfulness 3 - Day 11

I've been listening to Yolanda Adam's The Battle is not yours all day long. I have to get my mind... my whole being, right. I think maybe with the way I've been stressing I've been telling God how big the problem is... instead of telling the problem how big my God is. and How do I do that? I cant exactly start throwing bible verses at her... at them... but I can continue to stand firm in the knowledge that God has a great plan for my life. I can continue to have faith and believe that everything will work out for my good according to God's Will... I was reminded as to the different obstacles that I've overcome through the course of my life... and at the time I thought those obstacles were the worst things to happen but somehow...actually through God, I overcame them... If God truly is the same God of the past... the same God of the present and the same God of the future... If He brought me through past storms, will He not see me through this one? Everything happens for a reason and I am choosing to believe that I am being made stronger... but it is hard but I will continue... I will do my best to remember who my God is... not what/who the problem is... This will become a memory... just like the song says... This battle is not mine...

Today I am thankful for the ability to overcome... my prayer is that God will help me endure this season. It's all gravy when things are going great.. but when things arent... God help me to endure and to come through this.

What are you thankful for today?

btw... gas prices are less than $2.00/gallon... can you believe it? It hasnt been that low for the past 5 years... na wa... Im not complaining about it.. just wish it didnt come at the expense of an economic downturn... but everything happens for a reason... so we're realigning ourselves I guess...

2 Chronicles 20: 15, 17, 21
Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's
You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you
Give thanks to the LORD, for his love endures forever

3 comments:

disgodkidd said...

similar...inspiring...like paula would say...WE WIN!

Jaycee said...

Thank God that we overcome by the blood of the Lamb and by the words of our testimonies (e.g. this post). And yeah, thank God gas prices are this low...seriously...

Hey fighter...keep on keeping on...:)

OluwaDee said...

Looking back @ victories won and battles we have overcome, helps us when we go thru hard times.

keep echoing who your God is.