October 10, 2008

This day in history....

...Endless Love, one of the greatest songs of all time... was the #1 song on the charts


...at the same time... I was born... What a monumental song... and a monumental occasion! :-) This is the most perfect day to be born. #10 in the bible represents Perfection in Divine Order... I've got a double dose of it too! and well as my mom said... 5 is the number of grace... so I guess I've got a quadruple dose of that as well... lol


For some reason when people ask me how old I am, I pause to think about it. Not like before when I was like a dam waiting to burst... ask my age and back then with much fervor I'd say... FOUR FIVE SIX..... now you ask... I mentally do the math before I answer... lol

Life
or maybe as one of my friends tells me... I need to eat more fish...

I just want to thank God for bringing me through another year. It's time for reflection.... not like everyday isnt but it's different this time. It's more intentional. I have the day off and Monday is a holiday. I thought about making a playlist of all the #1 songs that occured on/around my birthday for the past couple of years... but I scratched that idea... well not really... if you're interested... check it out here... songs like Oh Sheila by Ready for the World in 85 to the Macarena remix by the Bayside Boys in 96 to Crank Dat by Soulja Boy in 2007... it's amazing how music has evolved... i think there was a shift in music in 1991 w/Mariah Carey... or maybe it was with Boyz II Men the following year w/End of the Road... Anyways there are 27 songs in the playlist... check it out if you're so inclined :-)



Because today is my birthday... and it's a friday... you can have the day off.... tell your boss I said so! Here's my actual cake... Chocolate Ganache Supreme... it's tres yummy!!!! it's from publix... I love publix... Where Shopping is a Pleasure :-)
Happy Birthday to LondonBuki's younger brother and Azuka's elder brother... such wonderful people... I havent met them but if they share this day with me... how could they not be... October people rock!!!


Allied woke me up with a birthday text this morning (her birthday is on the 16th btw)... and a couple of minutes later, NaijaDude called me.... he's so cute... and sounds good on the phone... :-)... you guys are too much... I feel blessed that you thought enough of me to do that... you get a slice of cake.... for the rest of you.... I really want to give you a slice of cake but I've declared today a day of fasting... . Arent I the best... you get the day off and you get to fast... how much better could this day get... That's what I told my mom when she asked me what we were eating today... :-)

Have a great weekend people
and Thank the Lord with me for this glorious day....
This is the day the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it

much Love
Ms. D

17 comments:

simeone said...

happi baiday o ms. d
no thanks for the compulsory fast .
may u live long to achive all you wanna achive....
hugzzz

Jaycee said...

Awwww.......one of my favorite bloggers! May God bless u on this special day...MWAH!!!!!

DiAmOnD hawk said...

Amen to long life and God's blessings!
Thank you! :-)

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Not fair, I was waiting for you to wake up....lol... Happy birthday girl, enjoy the day, you desreve it.......

Temite said...

Happy bufday to you dear. Pls enjoy your cake and errr sorry o but I will not be fasting with you. Doctors order! But I will take that day of.

Believer said...

Happy birthday Diamond, I pray that the Lord continues to take you to greater and higher levels in Him as He not only blesses you but causes you to be a blessing. Take care..

Vera Ezimora said...

Since when did October people start rocking?? *hiss*

Happy birthday, love!!

bumight said...

Happy Birthday!
as I'm just getting the news of the fast now, I'll start my fast at 12;00am and break it at 6:00am!

disgodkidd said...

happy birthday jaycee. God bless you.

30+ said...

Wishing you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY, lady. May the Lord grant you your heart's desire according to his riches.

So you are big 20 now?!

Don said...

Hope you enjoyed your birthday celebration.

Real talk, I took part in a poll last which asked for the greatest song ever produced - you guessed it, I wrote Jack And Diane, by John Cougar Mellencamp.

Great, great song.

Abujamaiden said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!! I PRAY FOR ALL GOD'S BLESSINGS FOR YOU!

Lady A said...

Wow! HAppy Happy Birthday. May you be prepare for all that God has to give you. Recieve with your heart.
Hope your day and the days ahead of you are bubbling with excitment and opportunity!
It's been awhile! I hope you are doing great!

Fanwest said...

Dhawk, happy belated birthday. no, it cant stop cos u deserve to be celebrated daily. May the stocks you take keep reaching higher and greater heights in the years to come.

much luv

Kafo said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
happy birthday ooooooooooooooooo

sowwy it took mii awhile to get back here

may God continue to bless you

DiAmOnD hawk said...

Thank you everyone! I really appreciate it. God bless you all
:-)

Rita said...

Happy belated birthday...but everyday is worth celebrating:-)

May God add years to this year, strength and fulfilment...