September 19, 2008

Being single...

so I'm watching TV and they're talking about being single in America.

Can you be happily single?

No matter where you're from there is a certain stigma with being single. You can have a fabulous career, great friends, be well travelled... own several luxury items but if you dont have a man (and this is ofcourse geared towards the ladies), it's like nothing else matters... why is that?

In the show, the featured guest is on there with her mom. Her mom states the universe works in pairs... you have two hands... feet... we're all supposed to be paired. It's been said that any single person who says they're happy single and dont want someone... is lying!

is this true?


I've never quite felt the pressure of being single... When I was younger I wanted a boyfriend and all that I thought it entailed but never to the point where I felt something was missing in my life. I just wanted to experience certain things that I felt I needed someone else to experience it with. So I dated several people... but I've come to realize... to be happily married... you have to be happily single... you have to be fulfilled


maybe you cant be happily single forever... maybe that's the point people are trying to get across...

I dont know jo...

10 comments:

Rita said...

I like your words...to be happily married you have to be happily single...and that magnets the right people...

But that is only for a while...after some time, humans, who are social beings, will want to have a partner...

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

As much as I love me, and inlove with me, I still desire to have someone to share my experiences with. Its not necesarily because of what people say/think of you, more that the dsire is inate. Its always been in me. So no, even with all that I have achieved, and how I so love me, naa.. walking alone can get tiring.. try talking to yourself, it just doesn't work.. lol.. Ive tried.. oh life os stranger isnt this view spectacular.. yes, it colourful, scenic, wonderful.. then I turn around.. are you sure.. erm I dont know.. who should I ask.. erm me..lol.. ok.. Today has been a long day.. Have a good weekend sweets..

simeoneomobaba said...

you know jo...u said it right..for everything, there is a time and season, when you are single you prepare yourself so that someone else will enjoy having you when you eventually "pair up"..so we should be happily single.

Vera Ezimora said...

Yes, I think the key is that one can't (shouldn't, I suppose) be happily single forever. It's only natural to want to share life with someone else. Heaven knows I'm ready.

Jaycee said...

There's one thing I'm sure of..."a guy does not complete a woman."

Only God does...

simeoneomobaba said...

true say jaycee and vice versa

azuka said...

I think I'm happily single at the moment -- or just too busy. True, in the past I used to feel lonely, but that never happens now.

kuesooM said...

I believe 1 can be happy single and still want to be with someone.

Fact is with the awesome job, friends etc, I still goes home alone, and would love to have someone to share that with.

But that does not mean that I am unhappy just cos I'm single!

Favoured Girl said...

You said it, to be happily married you have to be happily single first. Being married means another person comes to be part of what you have already, so you have to be happy and comfortable with you as a single person.

BTW, you’ve been given an award! Check my blog for details ;)

Kafo said...

i don't know either
i believe i was happily single before i started dating but now it is different

i don't know how you to back after having that kind of compaionship

hmmmm
i don't know jo