August 11, 2008

Not Forsaken

Happy Monday to everyone... I pray this day as started off well for you. I had a thought today... I am responsible for my salvation... is that the right thought? as in no one else can make me go to heaven... I know what's right and I have to do what's right... I cant blame anyone for leading me in the wrong path...

My mom sent me Open Heavens... a daily devotional book by Pastor Adeboye, the GO of RCCG. I hardly read it but I decided to open it up this morning....

Today, I read the one for sunday and monday... but the one for Sunday really touched me... so I decided to share it... word for word

**********************************

READ: Acts 3: 1 - 11

The Lord is taking you on a ride to the land of surprise this season. Today's reading talks of a man who was born lame. We want to learn a few lessons from this story. First, although the man was born lame, he did not die lame. This tells us that anything that has a beginning also has an end. Every problem in your life has an expiry date. Since it started one day, it will surely expire one day. That you were born poor is not an excuse to die poor. If you die poor, it is because you choose to end that way. That was not God's original plan! God's plan is to bring the best out of your worst. You must hold on in faith until your problem expires. Between the manufacturing date and expiry date of a problem, stay in the place of faith, and look up to one person - God. As you look up in faith and continually serve, worship and praise Him, irrespective of your challenges, the problem could expire before its programmed date. Ecclesiastes 3:1-2 says there is a season for everything. This is your appointed season of change.

The lame man could not move about except when carried by people. His situation made even close family members turn away their faces, yet some people still volunteered to carry him tot he temple premises daily. This shows that no matter how deplorable or repulsive your situation may be, God has appointed some helpers to stay with you. If nobody stays to help, God will always be there to do so. When Bartimeaus cried for help, nobody volunteered to assist him. They rather shut him up but the Lord heard his cry. Are you going through a situation where there seems to no one to help? Be not dismayed, the Lord will help you. He will hear your cry. He will answer your prayer. Call upon Him today. He will surely make a way for you.

Hence, David says in Psalms 27:10: "when my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up". Are you forsaken by your loved ones, friends and neighbours? If you are, rejoice! That automatically qualifies you as a divine project. God will take you up and care for you with His everlasting arms. The Lord will never abandon you. Never allow any situation, trial, lack, denial, disappointment or failure make you forsake your One and only Helper. As long as you have God, situations and conditions have no choice but to adjust in your favour

ACTION POINT: If you love life, keep every gossip and tale bearer at an arm's length (Proverbs 20:19)
Ask God for grace never to divulge secrets to those who will use them against you.

**********************************
I updated my other blog, The Message... and will update the bible passage links on it on a later date...

something caught my attention yesterday... how we pray for the peace that passes ALL understanding... meaning it's incomprehensible to me... even incomprehensible to the devil... take a moment to try to imagine it... just try.... that is what I pray for... for me and for you... This week will give us all cause to continue to worship and glorify God's name... This week I soak myself in the Blood of Jesus... I cover everything Im going to do... my thoughts... my deeds... everything is protected by the Blood of Jesus... Amen... I shall walk in favor to the Glory of God... Goodness and Mercy will always follow me...

13 comments:

amara said...

Amen, amen and amen. Today the Holy spirit reminded me to be anxious about nothing but to pray about everything. This is what brings peace...devil sorry, nothing for you! Thanks for this, i pray to meditate on this word all week. Peace that passes understanding

amara said...

oops i forgot...first!

simeoneomobaba said...

true, we are responsible for our own salvation. recall "work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. nice post

archiwiz said...

I love that action point, and the prayer...Very, very necessary.

Favoured Girl said...

I read "Open Heavens" too! Not every morning thought cos of time pressures but I catch up duirng the weekends. I love the way God speaks to me through the devotions.

How are you doing dear?

Kafo said...

i'm glad you are doing much better
i guess i was gone for a while that i was soo suprised

i'm happy for u, God is good

Reverence said...

oh very timely word. first time here wohoo!! I am glad you feel better. Joy really does come in the morning

Jaycee said...

"Anything that has a beginning also has an end."

Selah.

Love u...

Jaycee said...

U don't understand...I love Colbie Caillat...lol.

Uzo said...

Have you heard Cobie Caillat's Magic? Such a talent...Love it...

Vera Ezimora said...

Amen.

That kind of peace is... is... I dunno. It's simply amazing.

Rita Esuru Okoroafor said...

Thank God for His Word...

Mz. Dee said...

first time here! dis post rily touched me...thx 4 stoppin by mine