August 9, 2008

Much better...

Mucho gracias to everyone who kept me in their prayers.

I am doing so much better... what a difference a day makes... Things are going well. I was mad at my mom... but I think I was really just redirecting my anger towards her... and the ex and I are actually doing better. Yesterday was a new beginning for the both of us. I think... hope... pray... that we've both learned lessons from the occurrences of the past month and we're better for it...

Thank you guys once again :-)

Summer games:
Per my header... you can see Im into the Olympics... not sure how that happened... but I watched the opening games yesterday and found myself cheering when they announced Nigeria... we were looking good... but yesterday was also a lesson in geography because there were some countries that I'd never heard of... like the Central republic of Africa or something like that.... I started to wonder if Nigeria hosted the olympics... how we would do it... do we even have the capacity to host it?

Sad news:
Bernie Mac is dead! I was shocked... while I was busy looking up olympic scores, I came across the news just 30minutes after it was published. I couldnt believe it. The man seemed so alive... as in I felt like I knew him personally... somehow... May his soul rest in peace.

Devastating news:
seriously... do we need more wars? Why does everyone have to fight? Everyone should please keep the country of Georgia in their prayers... just sad... imagine waking up one day to the sounds of bombs...

9 comments:

GNG said...

I'm glad to read that things are much better with you.

I love your new header! USA is already leading the medal count in the Olympics, which is no surprise.

Have a blessed Sunday.

Jaycee said...

I'm glad one day made a difference boo! :)

No Country ever dreams of waking up to bombs...devastating.

I'm still trying to understand how Bernie Mac is no more...I don't get it.

OluwaDee said...

Glad u r doing much better now.

Uzo said...

Sweetheart...glad to know you are doing better...Bernie Mac's death still has me in a tizzy...

archiwiz said...

I'm quite sad about Bernie Mac's death. Its such a loss.

And seriously, I really wonder why Russia decided to go to war with Georgia...seriously, in 2008? Really sad.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

Nigeria has the capacity to do anything. the problem is we don't believe it.

I am so excited about the olympics. I allowed my older two - 4 and 2 and half years old - to watch some of the competitions. We were cheering for Michael Phelps like mad over here. =)

Georgia is in my prayers as is Darfur, the victims of the quake in China, the victims of the monsoon/typhoon in Burma/Myanmar and the entire world. May peace reign.

Welcome back to blogville and that 'electric avenue' song is making me boogy!!! Thanks for that!

DiAmOnD hawk said...

hey GNG... as of now China and the US are tied... however China has more gold.. it's all good... decided to change the header... I need to holla at you re:photoshop...

Oluwadee... Im glad things are better... it's not easy... but I glad things are going well for you as well :-)

Uzo... suprised to see you here on a sunday. Yep Im doing ok... at least that's what Im telling myself... one day at a time :-)

archiwiz... I forgot to add that Russia was a big bully... nonsense...

Solomonsydelle... you know all I could think about was all the activist groups and stuff that would come out... Nigerians can sometimes be Nigeria's worst enemy... I remember what happened to the last thing we hosted...

amara said...

WOW, great header!!Nice to see you are doing better. The Lord is good. I missed the opening ceremony but saw the pictures of Team USA...like mega wow! Anyway, I trust you guys...Have a blessed week, this is a season of new beginnings and I know the Lord will strengthen you to walk in it in every area of your life in Jesus name.

DiAmOnD hawk said...

Thanks Amara... and Amen! :-)