August 26, 2008

DH Movie Day: Ekaete

Before I get started... I just couldnt resist this Blast from the Past... Who remembers Robyn... well if you dont... here's the reminder!




I was watching a Nigerian movie a couple of weeks ago on someone's blog... which I found to be interesting... My friends would be surprised that I sat down and watched it on my laptop... I surprised myself.... very unlike me... but I liked it... and I started to search out some more... I found another one I really liked... I put all the clips together to play continuously so no one has to go searching....

Ekaete...
I think this a good movie. It is a lesson on how to stay humble. I'm sure it must happen in other parts of the world but I just can't help feeling that Nigeria is a nation of "feelers"... as in everyone wants to be prestigious... and when they are, sometimes they abuse the power that comes with it... Life has so many turns... you just never know... always be good to people... this movie reminds me of a quote I heard back in college. Something to the effect of be careful of the toes you step on- on your way to the top, they might be attached to the "butt" you have to kiss on your way back down... My prayer is I never have to go back down... but still be very careful... always remain humble... that is my prayer now... That as I get elevated, that God keeps me humble....

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Vera Ezimora said...

FIRST!

Okay, lemme go & read.

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

I watched the film..... there was a lesson that God taught me through it all. Really enjoyed it. Who would have thought, in a hotel room in Goteborg, and an important lesson, how the rejected became the chief cornerstone. Wow, we just need to keep holding on. It is well. Any more flicks?

Vera Ezimora said...

I watched the entire movie. Loved it! There really are lots of lessons to learn. One never knows what tomorrow may hold. I love the lesson from the movie. Ekaete handled her success very well.

Kafo said...

i did not watch the movie
i am too lazy