July 29, 2008

A new attitude

Hola! Que tal?
Im learning spanish now. I have acquired a few spanish friends... from colombia to peru to argentina... and a few places in between and I just love them all and I want to be able to communicate with them in spanish... Im learning spanish using the free CoffeeBreak podcast from itunes. I've fallen in love all over again with my IPOD. so check it out...

Lots of things have been happening around me. I guess you could say my life is being restructured... all for the better I believe

Im grateful to God for the favor He has bestowed on my life

"goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life"... (psalms 23)

Three posts ago I was thanking God for a promotion that I hadnt gotten yet. I believed I had gotten it though and I had started operating in that mode. A couple of sundays before that while in church, the pastor had said a prayer and the message of the day had something to do with claiming positions you dont have. Infact he dared us to go to work the next day and get our things ready like we werent going to be there anymore. I didnt do mine the next day but that week I started clearing my desk... believing that I would move...

in the bible, remember the woman with the issue of blood?... God didnt say I have healed you... or my garment has healed you... he said...
"your faith has made you whole" (Mark 5:34)
so I was trusting and believing God about a new position and it became official two weeks ago to the Glory of God

On going with the restructuring: I have done some shifting in my personal relationships. Im believing that the decisions that I am making/I have made are all for the better.

I received a call from one of my really good friends the other day... BK... she was concerned that our mutual friend and I were no longer close friends. I basically told her that I bore no grudges but everyone should do their own thing on their own. She said she didnt want to know the story and I said I wasnt going to share the story either because this is something that happened months ago and no one within our circle knew. But what this friend did to me hurt me soooooooooo bad. I was crying for like two days. I even called one of my blog friends that I'd gotten close to who consoled me and gave me advice on how to go on and what to do... but I've gotten past it...

BK noted that I used to be the girl who wanted everyone to be happy, everyone to be together and now it seems that Ive changed.

Life happens... you realize you cant make everyone happy.... everyone isnt meant to be together... forever... it's life... and Im dealing with it as such...
but Ive learned several lessons: You will get hurt by the people you expect not to hurt you. Dont move in with your friends. and finally I've learned to Keep my mouth shut! I wasnt one that was free with information before... infact people think I work for some secret government agency sometimes... but sometimes... some people that you hold in the highest esteem... those are the ones that let you down... so now Ive gotten a bit more discriminatory about what information I share... smarter if you will

Hope your week is going great so far...

CHECK THESE OUT:

My friend sent me this link yesterday: Gay Christians in Nigeria
Im not sure what to write to be honest. Im a conservative Anglican so my thoughts are clear but what I sometimes wonder about is the "tolerance" issue... Im not sure how being ostracized is helping... Im not sure how things really should be handled... But I do know the "healthy" and "a gay" comment in the video was funny! and when I look at the church they were in... looks like my church... interesante... watch and listen to see what Im referring to
any thoughts?

Also I met someone who is absolutely crazy about this guy... Eros Ramazzotti.... check out his video...


La Nostra Vita - Eros Ramazzotti - Lyrics (english/italian)


Hasta Luego people!

9 comments:

OluwaDee said...

The Jide Macurly heading the gay church, was married with kids b4 he decided he was gay.

I thank God with u, for your promotion.

Aspa friends; it happens oh, I have also learnt d hard way, 10k God 4 his mercies.

Oz Omodudu said...

Interesting

Jaycee said...

About moving in with your friends, yeah...always a bad idea!!!

About your promotion...I praise God and I'm so excited for you...

NOWWWW...abt speaking Spanish...DIAMOND...u didn't tell me. I'm learning Spanish toooooo.......we shd only communicate in Spanish from now on. Entiendo? Hablo un pico de espanol!!! I go to my public library's Spanish Conversation Club every tuesday, and I have one text and a mini-conversation book in Spanish. They're really helping...I'm grasping the language real fast, I can't believe it!

I really really love your analysis on the woman with the issue of blood!!!

Jaycee said...

Oh...& about the gay church...yeah, unfortunately I have no comment :)

TTYL...

Anonymous said...

congrats on your promotion!

re: friends, i feel you jare. you're so horrible with 'coding' sha! hehe..ttyl.

*P

Ms. May said...

Hola Chica! It's been a while. Hablo espanol tambien - fue mi especialidad en la escuela. No es tan bueno como antes pero ja entiendo mucho mas que yo hablo. Necessito practicar mas. Una manera buena que ensenar es con las novelas. LOL. I'll stop now. Hope all is well. Love the new look. Hope you understand all I said. LOL. Love the new look. Keep in touch!

believer said...

http://www.wrbs.com/dynamic/DynCon.aspx?cid=45&fs=Music

Sorry, i lost it when I was changing templates! How u doing?

TMinx said...

May Gods wil be done re your promotion.

Funny I just stumbled across the Gay church story and my take on things are that we need to be more tolerant. Jesus did not judge...I think its complete hypocricy. Everyone should be able to experience Gods love and to gather together in faith.

And 14 years in jail for being gay is just pure madness.

DiAmOnD hawk said...

Tminx... Amen! re: my promotion
14 years? what? wow... that's insane

Thanks believer!

Ms.May... longest time... um... Im still on lesson 1 and 2 in spanish o... but I will translate soon enough... lol

wow...Oluwadee... that story gets even more interesting... I'm still not sure what to think about it...

*P... iwo lo mo jo... lol

hmmm... Omodudu... where have you been hiding?

Jaycee... maybe after lesson 5, I can hold an elementary conversation... we'll see