July 11, 2008

Music Im Feeling: Fergie - Finally

I don't know if I can ever give up music. It's so wonderful when you find a song that says everything you had in you but couldn't quite articulate. I stumbled on a photography website today... and I was there for a while because with every featured couple, there was a different piece of music to accompany the pictures... some that I hadnt heard of before...

And that's when I heard this. I didnt know that Fergie had it in her. I was in love with Clumsy and I really liked Big Girls Dont Cry... but this... this is a whole new Fergie... I wonder why Im just now hearing this...

It's a lovely song... someone described it as pretty... and I agree... it's a very pretty ballad and even though these arent words Im necessarily trying to get out... I can just imagine being in a position where such words ring true...

Anyways check it out and have a great weekend.
Ever since I was a baby girl I had a dream
Cinderella theme
Crazy as it seems
Always knew that deep inside that there would come a day
When I would have to wait
Make so many mistakes
I couldn't comprehend As I watched it unfold
This classic story told I left it in the cold
Walking through unopened doors that led me back to you
Each one unlocking more of the truth

I finally stopped tripping on my youth
I finally got lost inside of you
I finally know, I needed to grow
And finally my mate has met my soul


[chorus]
Finally
Now my destiny can begin Though we will have our differences
Something strange and new is happening
Finally
Now my life doesn't seem so bad Its the best that I've ever had
Gave my love to him finally

Mmmmmmm

I remember the beginning you already knew
I acted like a fool Just trying to be cool
Fronting like it didn't matter I just ran away
Put on another face Was lost in my own space
Found what its like to hurt selfishly
Was scared to give of me Afraid to just believe
I was in a jealous, insecure, pathetic place
Stumbled through the mess that I had made

I finally got out of my own way
I've Finally started living for today
I finally know I needed to grow
And finally my mate has met my soul

[chorus]
Finally
Now my destiny can begin Though we will have our differences
Something strange and new is happening
Finally
Now my life doesn't seem so bad Its the best that I've ever had
Gave my love to him Finally

Mmmmmmm

Finally, Finally

Finally
Now my destiny can begin
Though we will have our differences
Something beautiful is happening, is happening
Finally
Now my life doesn't seem so bad It's the best that I've ever had
Gave my love to him finally

Ohhhhhhh, Finally, Finally

Finally

4 comments:

Vera Ezimora said...

I'm first????? You're kidding!!! Go Vera! It's ur birthday!!

mag duru said...

nevertheless, i admire your blog. keep it up.cheerio! and be blessed.

Jinta said...

ok, i'm still not converted

DiAmOnD hawk said...

vera... crazy as always

mag duru... thanks! :-)

jinta... oh really... ok