April 11, 2008

Marriage et al

My sister finally tied the knot and yours truly was the one supporting her as the maid of honor... and as I was walking behind her.. I thought why people have hundreds of people on their train... as in what is their purpose.... Ive decided the max Im having is 3... Im having two for sure... my sister who just got married then my cousin who said I cant have a married woman as my "matron" of honor... is that a rule?... so im guessing she wants the position... so fine... two people... and maybe LONDONBUKI... i have to get that girl to the altar some kind of way.

As a result of this wedding, I sorta started my own company... trying to get it off the ground anyways... which is the reason I havent been blogging... more to come on that in the near future by God's Grace and Favor....

So many thoughts entered my head during this wedding period and after

1. The MC was hot... in a nice guy kinda way... sooooo maybe not so hot as much as he was cute... yeah... cute is the word... not hot hot... people were eyeing us one kind... as in... is it a crime now to be friendly... I noticed "knowing" looks... but there was really nothing to be "known"... he was just a really nice guy... but there was that moment we were singing... I kinda rolled with it but I felt verrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy awkward...
2. Someone fell in love with me.... but whyyyyyyyyyyyyy. I guess there's just something about me... :-)... or maybe it was just the whole lovey dovey atmosphere....
3. Must the first dance be a slow dance... there's something so eeewwwwiiissshhhh about that... as in... must there be a first dance... glad my sister didnt go that route
4. The kiss... how long? how short... what is appropriate exactly.... there is another eeeewwwiiiishhhhh factor to this as well... my sister's was short... and... I dont know I wasnt really looking
5. What to do with the name. So many people are hyphenating their names now... so you see aderenle-ajayi-coker... as in WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. I think that if your maiden name is more than two syllables... then you shouldnt hyphenate it... but why? like my last name... very simple... love it! very spanish sounding... great name to hyphenate... will i? NO... but I will retain it in my professional life... or maybe this Diamond Hawk will take a life of its own...
6. Why didnt anyone tell me that my role as the MOH was to pick money from the floor...
7. I was told to start getting ready for mines.... my mom has declared next year... the closer the days come, the more Im pushing it further and further... I hope I dont become a bitter spinster o... that will fall for any man
8.Why did my eldest sister (the one I blogged about previously... Im so editing that nice post) see it fit to announce to everyone that I was hooked already and proceeded to tell them exactly how.... as in... hello... she was sooooooooooo blowing my game up.... all I could do is smile... shooot.... there's goes my chance with the MC... lol (j/k)... if I wanted one that is.. ;-)
9.Im sooooooooo taking flat shoes with me next time I go anywhere... as in I couldnt stand the heels anymore... I felt my feet were about to disintegrate...
10. it is very unnecessary to have a big wedding.. .but if family insists... being that Im having a society wedding... because you know... Im sooooooo famous.... (tongue in cheek) I will tell them the colors... let them plan... and they can tell me what time to show up


Recently, someone proceeded to serenade me with a love song from youtube... gotta love it... anyhoo while on there I noticed two other youtube videos that I found interesting.... check it out and have a great weekend

GROOMS ENTRANCE

BRIDE'S ENTRANCE


p.s. the last song on my playlist is (by my suggestion btw) what my sister walked in to... with.... whatever... you get me.. it doesnt play all the way.. just a sample... check out the full length of it on imeem

5 comments:

30+ said...

Ha Beautiful

Flat slippers are a must, didn't you know -lol

Anyway congrats to your sister and her husby.

Uzo said...

Ah...that explains why you were over the sea...Congrats to your sister...and emm...be ready to come to Nigeria next year honey on a very similar note...LOL

SapphireAster said...

Congrats to your sister! that great! So ermm...its next year huh?

Uzo said...

Reading this again, i think that the trick is for every whatever they want however they want it..Its their day. So if they want to dance to a ballad, then so be it, if the bride wants to wear a silver dress...so be it...

As long as they remember to have fun

GoodNaijaGirl said...

I keep wondering if I will ever hear of a Naija wedding where the bride didn't have at least 5, and usually around 10 attendants! To me, the whole thing gets out of hand, with every female the bride has ever known being asked to take part in the wedding as an attendant.

I only want a few attendants myself, just those people that I'm very close to (and thank God I only have one sister to consider). My Naija wedding will make people wonder if I'm actually Naija because of the few attendants and because it will be so unflashy.

To answer your question, a married woman can't technically be called a maid of honour but she can be the matron of honour. Some people who have a two people who they want to be MOH but can't decide get lucky if one is married and one is not because then one can be the maid, the other the matron.

I can't wait to hear more about your new company!