April 18, 2008

Knowing who you are

For the past year Ive been on this journey of becoming more of who I am. And it's been interesting so far... I cant complain actually...

Recently I found something while reading the book, Sacred Marriage. It was written by a guy named Dietrich Bonhoeffer from a prison cell... He poses a question about who he is....

Who am I?
This or the other?
Am I one person today, and tomorrow another?
Am I both at once? A hypocrite before others,
and before myself a contemptibly woebegone weakling?...
Who am I? They mock me, these lonely questions of mine.
Whoever I am, thou knowest, O God, I am thine

couldnt have said it better myself...

********
anyone heard of Nikki Laoye? check out her video below and have a great weekend

7 comments:

Olamild said...

Beautiful!

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

What a lovely clip. Hope all is well!

Vera Ezimora said...

Come oh, Diamond...so what are you saying exactly? Do you know yourself or not? If you don't, then come & take back your bounty ooo! Yes, I know you sent them last year and I already ate them all, but still, come & take them back!

Honeywell said...

she isn't bad oh.... nice voice.....

Morountodun said...

I had never heard of her before I saw your clip. I really need to keep an eye out for her, she has an excellent voice. We seem to be getting a few good female singers coming out of Naija recently.

Vera Ezimora said...

UPDATE!!!

nikki laoye said...

hi Diamond, this is nikki laoye herself. wow! tanks for the support. just did a search of my name in google and came across your blogspot with my video in it. thats real cool. tanks...