February 13, 2008

Music Im Feeling: Anthony David - Words (featuring India Arie)

I heard he was India's best friend... all I know is I heard the beginning bars of this song and I fell in love. I tried to remember the song just from listening to it on the radio so I could search for it at home but I couldnt... then the other day I heard it again while I was driving home from a very very long day on the road... I grabbed a postit note and hurriedly looked for a pen in my bag to write some of the words down. It wasnt easy finding the song... but I thank God I did... as in when I heard the song I was like... this song I must use for my wedding for sure. I dont know why Ive never heard of him before. Apparently this song came out back in 2006... thanks to a fellow blogger that blogged about it... that is what saved the madness I was running into because of my search... I dont know if you guys will feel this the way I do but Im absolutely feeling this TEN HUNDRED percent sef.... I say this over and over again... simple words can have great impact and produce a likewise effect... I. Love. This. ( I think Belle might too... I dont know why.. but she kinda popped into my head as someone that might)

Enjoy and abeg appreciate the work it took to showcase it to you guys! :-)
infact let me set it up for you

Imagine a dark night... maybe you're in your car... driving... nothing but passing headlights and your thoughts to keep you company... maybe the low hum of the radio... and then you hear the beginning bars of this song (maybe played at a slightly slower tempo)... played low enough to create an intimate mood, high enough to bring back memories of pure love.... you know.. the innocence of it... the first crush... the moment before the first apprehensive kiss... how you would smile when you thought of that one person....

abeg come in here with me....

TELL ME... am I feeling this song too much? lol

[AD:]
I believe that
Heaven must be like this
Ray of sunshine
Kissed upon your skin
Just say you love me
Make my day go good
Pot of gold at the
End of the rainbow

Can't tell you nothin you aint already heard
No matter what I say it's nothin but words
Just let me prove to you what I know is real
Let me express to you the way that I feel

[India:]
I believe that
Love is synonymous
With heaven
Such a sensual bliss
The way you touch me
Makes this life so good
A reward at the
End of the long road

[CHORUS]

[BRIDGE:]
AAAAAAAAHS

[AD:]
Fairy tales can be
Real if you just believe
Got my mind made
I don't plan to leave
Cuz you were meant for me
Simple that may be
Why be complex
Loving you is so easy

[CHORUS][VAMP]


HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

8 comments:

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Happy vals to you too dearest. I am in a very good place right now. Im also loving the tune.

Jaycee said...

Happy valentines day DIAMOND.....

I smelll....."love."

Lolll...so u're saving up songs for the wedding, eh??? Lol.

Anonymous said...

"Love is synonymous
With heaven...." ain't that the truth?!

mmm.... you're right Ms. D, i love this song... (it's going to be on repeat for a minute).
like LOASCA I am also in a "good" place... hmmm... i'll leave it at that. bliss.bliss.

Thanks for sharing... keep the good music coming...

-Belle

Uzo said...

You have been in love and relationship overdrive lately hon...

Happy belated Valentine's day

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

this song is perfection

Mineexclusively said...

Nice song. I think I have heard it before.

In my head and around me said...

You are definitely not. The song is amazing. And since I think that anything India breathes has an almost ethereal quality....

Uzo said...

You so need to update...How have you been?