January 1, 2008

A new beginning, a Glorious year

click play to listen to my audio post or you can read below!



The year of new beginnings is finally here! It's 2008!!

Im so excited about this year because I know a lot of great things will happen this year. I know it... I just feel it it... It's going to be big! It is a year of milestones within my family... even with Ebony who turns the big four-oh!

So, what are you plans for the new year? I have a personal list of 5 things that I want to accomplish that Ive submitted to God. I didnt want to make a long list, neither did I want to make a fantasy list. I thought long and hard about what I would write... I'm going to make it unto a business card to keep in my wallet so that I can constantly have it with me and review it as a reminder. Some people think that resolutions are lame... or it's a list that towards the end of January soon gets forgotten... and for a while I didnt make any resolutions... I just set about to do what I wanted to do... but when you put things down on paper, you're more likely to achieve it/work on it... so I implore you to do the same if you havent... dont make a long list... keep it short and simple...

I just want this to be the best year of my life thus far. And I know it's going to be. Im not sure when/where/how the shift occurred but it did. Im more aware of myself... aware of my worth and Im not willing to accept mediocrity... not willing to accept anything than what's best for me

Went to the first service yesterday. Kirk Franklin was the special guest artist... that guy is truly on fire.. he was jumping all around the stage... and going up and down the stairs... and he wasnt even out of breath... I think that will be by goal for the next 3 years... lol...

Below I have a playlist from Kirk Franklin that I hope you enjoy...

So here's to the 366 days that make up 2008!
Here's to realizing what we are worth and operating in that
Here's to us growing from glory to glory... to being Glory Carriers

Have a glorious 2008!

much love
Ms. D

Powered by eSnips.com

9 comments:

LondonBuki said...

Happy New Year!!!
I think it's a great idea to make a business card with your 5 things.
And realistic stuff too... sharp gal!

I agree with you - great things will happen this year - AMEN!!!

P.S. U auditioning to be a Radio Host or sumink? LOL!

HAVE A FANTASTIC 2008!!!!!
x

DiAmOnD hawk said...

same to you babe!
Great things MUST happen o

Uzo said...

Happy New Year Hon....

Naijadude said...

Happy new year sweetie.. How have you been? I am just leaving you a voicemail..Have a safe one!!

Best wishes

DiAmOnD hawk said...

Welcome back Ms. Uzo and happy new year to you as well

Naijadude... i am soooooooo saving that voicemail you left me so i can listen to it over again... :-)... and the message/comment was left at 10:10... just perfect...
xoxo

ebony said...

You said...."I just want this to be the best year of my life thus far. And I know it's going to be. Im not sure when/where/how the shift occurred but it did. Im more aware of myself... aware of my worth and Im not willing to accept mediocrity... not willing to accept anything than what's best for me"......Diamond, all I can say to that is "WOW!!!!". Thanks for the encouraging words and prayers. Here's to your year of mind-blowing greatness, cheers!

In my head and around me said...

Happy New Year! All the Best.

Ugo Daniels said...

ditto to you on da hols greeting. happy new year!

rethots said...

...i so love that. Yeah, writing them down allows 'em to constantly be in our 'minds i' the more we read them. Do have a most delightful year.