November 1, 2007

30 days of Thankfulness 2 - Day 1

aaaahhhh... it's november again... Thanksgiving time. It's amazing how this year as flown by. So many things have happened... good... some stuff Im still trying to decide if they're good or bad...... but all in all I am grateful to God for seeing another year.

Last year I started this 30day of thankfulness... I wanted to put into the atmosphere something that I wanted... I didnt just want to pray that I would get it... I wanted to act like I already had it by giving Thanks for it... and if you read my blog, you'll realize that it came to fruition.. [check out november 2006 archives]

Anyways this year I thought Id do a chain of thanksgiving type thing... where I'd start off... tag two people for the next day... who would in turn tag two people each for the next day and so on... but not sure how that will work out... I may have to tag people myself and just share it on my blog... we'll see how it goes...

I thought about what I wanted to be thankful for. My life is one of them. Ive had some scary moments that I havent shared with anyone but God and my mom... and so far so good... each day is a blessing. Anyways, I started to think about christmas... this year my family is flying in to spend it with me... and the local ones will also be around... my father ordained it... and I thought about my dad and how our relationship as evolved over the years

Growing up... I was daddy's girl hands down. I loved my daddy.. He was my hero. Whenever he would travel he would come back through Amsterdam to get my cheese.... And then things changed. I swear I hated my dad. I just thought he was the meanest father on earth... such a strict man... I was used to a free life living with my mom... and here I was in the actual land of the free and I felt caged. I was full of so much resentment over a lot of things. I would cry myself to sleep, my older brother would try to console me... I would cry so that no one would hear... I would wish vile things and then immediately become remorseful... I even went as far as trying to falsely accuse my dad of.... well let's just say that God is good and my head is mostly correct... There are things that I wish would... could... should have been done differently... but alas I cannot change the past... I cant even change some of the stuff that's happening... but I can learn from everything... forge a better path... look to the future..

Today.. I am thankful for my father. I am thankful that he is alive and will walk me down the aisle and bounce all my beautiful healthy children on his knee and indulge them in a way only a grandparent can... I am thankful for the healthier relationship we now have... I am thankful that each person as they get older has recognized the need to continue to express love. You realize as each day passes that tomorrow is not guaranteed so why waste the present....

What are you thankful for today

For day 2, I tag: Pea and Ugo
be sure to check out their blogs tomorrow!!!

Rules.
  • Each tagged person should complete the purpose of the tag on the assigned day
  • Title the post similar to this but with the right day (e.g. november 10 would be day 10)
  • Tag at least two other people for the next day and let them know why they're being tagged
  • Kindly provide a link to the person that tagged you previously and Let us know who you're tagging next so we can follow the chain
  • repost the rules i guess...
  • I'll tag people if others dont... I want to see if I can find at least 30 people on blogger that are thankful for something

so we'll see how this goes....

Happy November people...

Here's something I found on being thankful

************************

Be Thankful

Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire,
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don't know something
For it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations
Because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for each new challenge
Because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes
They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when you're tired and weary
Because it means you've made a difference.

It is easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are
also thankful for the setbacks.

GRATITUDE can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles
and they can become your blessings.

~ Author Unknown ~

6 comments:

Uzo said...

Wonderful idea - the tagging. Cant believe its been a year sonce i read the first thankfulness series...

Omodudu said...

Glory

Kpakpando said...

This is a wonderful idea, often I complain of other people complaining too much. Ironic abi? But this is perfect

Anonymous said...

It is a year already? God is great. I have a lot to thank God for.

temmy tayo said...

It is a year already? God is great. I have a lot to thank God for.

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Gosh I too have a lot to be thankful for.