November 7, 2007

30 Days of Thankfulness 2 - Day 7

7... the number of completion..

Yesterday I went to work... just busy doing stuff... and then my team mates and I got called into the exec room for a meeting. I knew something bad had happened. The last time something like that happened, one of my team mates had passed away... and this was no different... one of our own had died the night before. Very shocking... Because he was young... had to be early twenties or so. He looked healthy... Very well dressed, nice spoken.. person.. I talked to him a couple of times.. nothing major... but it was just sad to hear it... The mood changed of course in the office. everyone silently reflecting on that... or other things... some people crying... some people went home...

It got me thinking... really what is it worth? The grudge you're holding with someone else... What is it worth... The smile that you didnt give to someone just because of something they may know nothing about... The malice you're keeping... what is it all worth... When someone dies we mourn their loss but really what did we do with them when they were alive. I was thinking about that yesterday.... we're one less... one less smile... one less conversation... one less phone call... one less person.... I pray for the soul of the departed... that it rest in peace... pray for our soul here... that it lives in peace....

Today I am ever so thankful for Life... It may sometimes not be what I want but I am still thankful for it. Each moment is precious. When I talk to my parents... I dont miss a chance to tell them I Love You... after most of our conversations anyways... What are you doing with your life right now...


Im sure there a few bloggers that are thankful...

let's see who... Ive tapped on Kafo and Olawunmi's shoulder for tomorrow...
so be sure to check out their blogs for Day 8... number of new beginnings... :-)

What are you thankful for today?


by the way the TERC blog has been updated... check it out

8 comments:

disgodkidd said...

hi D. am loving this song playing on your blog. can you share a download link please?

~Mimi~ said...

Gosh diamond you are God-sent!!!!!!!!

i have finally figured out how to download the song.
i first heard it around 99/2000 cant remember who sang the first rendition, but lara george's version will do just fine!
it came just at the rightest time. God is wonderful. SO wonderful. I love Him. lol. i'm just happy.

~Mimi~ said...

i am thankful that I know God, I know the Saviour and the Holy Spirit. I am thankful for the inspirations that God gives to man to do wonderful things! I am thankful most of all, for His Wonderful Love to me.

acainto said...

Thankful for God, and good friends, and a chance to learn true happiness....

Kafo said...

well said

i like this song

Jaycee said...

Sad...we must really cultivate the habit of affecting lives everywhere we go, and saying "I love you" to those we truly care abt...letting them know that we're there, as a shoulder to lean on...

I can just imaging you having talked to him the last time u saw him...

God have mercy...

Jaycee said...

(I lurveeeeee this song too, my boyfriend translated...deep).

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Thanks miss D for sharing this. Been in a reflective mood lately.