November 5, 2007

30 Days of Thankfulness 2 - Day 5

5... the number of Grace
what I am thankful for today? Im not quite sure. It's easy to say Im thankful for my life... Im very grateful for that no doubt but more and more this psalm is what Im focused on. It's the psalm of David... Ive posted it before... tearfully prayed it to God today... Im thanking God for His forgiveness. The things Ive done or said... or thought... that I shouldnt have.. and more and more I just pray that God doesnt take His HolySpirit away from me. see the psalm on a previous post HERE

Yesterday I was at this small church... for a singles fellowship thing... I got lost trying to get there. I had directions o... but I printed out what I thought would be the correct directions and MY directions got me lost... the original directions given to me would have taken me to the right place without wasting fuel... isnt that just like us though... We have a manual (the bible), we have directions but we go do our own thing and when that doesnt work, we return back to the original... and finally get to the destination we were meant to get to...

At the church yesterday, I was wondering how anyone would find this church... it's one of those old baptist churches... well my friend that invited me found it somehow... so I guess there's always a connection somehow... but I just remembered an incident that happened a couple of years ago.

A friend and I were invited by another friend to her church. There was this lady there from another state by way of Nigeria I think... It was a week long event and we decided we'd go for this particular event. The lady started talking and I felt veryyyyyyyyyy uncomfortable. As in... I felt something was not right... naturally Im a suspicious person and I just knew this lady was going to call on me and I was praying that she wouldnt call on me... infact I tried not to make any kind of eye contact... but alas... she called me even when I tried to deflect... she was like YOU IN THE HOOPS or I think she said Big Earrings... lol... she then proceeded to pray for me and what not... honestly I dont know what she said anymore... but she was asking me how I felt and I was like "I feel good"... not sure if that was the answer she was looking for.. but anyways the thing continues o... she starts calling on people... meanwhile Im back in my seat and Im praying over myself and my two other friends... the lady starts saying stuff... like she called this guy out and said his mom went to a Herbal Doctor to get him or something... the mother was in the audience o... She now called the mother and asked where she took the son... the mother said NOWHERE... this woman said YOU'VE FORGOTTEN!!! LOL... How will she forget such a thing.. and then she started praying over this little boy...

Unbeknownst to me, my friends felt the same way o... that something wasnt right and they too had been praying... and when she laid hands on that little boy... meeennnn my friend was firing away some attacking prayers o... as in just covering that boy in Jesus' Name... my friend said that may have been the purpose of us going.. just for that little boy... soon after we left... keep in mind neither of us knew that each of us felt the way we did or that we were each praying or anything... we didnt talk about it until we got to the car... we went straight to my friends house and told them what happened... men... see prayers over us... my friends mom.... her uncle(also my cousin)... men we all prayed over us o... I called my mom in Naija to tell her. We were warned not to attend churches just like that... especially small churches... not saying there's anything against small churches... cuz Im sure such does happen in bigger churches... the whole thing was that we shouldnt just be going to anyone's church just like that... and dont just let anyone be touching your head and your stomach anyhow... she didnt touch me there sha... we thank God for that... but if she tried to deposit anything in me it failed.

Also my friend had tested her... she was like if she's the real deal let her confirm something... as in she said this in her prayers... so they were calling everyone up to pray for them... and the lady was given them a word... but when it came to this my friend all she could say is God Bless You...

The next day, this friend that invited us came over to visit and brought the tapes of the service... that we left early and the pastor wanted us to have it.... it went straight into the trash! as in one of my friends didnt even hide it.. she just threw it in there... so when I threw mine out, I made sure it was hidden in there so this friend that invited us wouldnt see it or get offended...

Be careful out there... lots of sheep clothing going around

Happy Monday...
what are you thankful for today?
my tagging thing is partially working...NOT... lol... so I decided to just continue it on my own... will randomly tag people along the way if they wanna do it!

*****************

HEYYYYYYYYYY
take a moment to check out the TERC blog... it will be updated shortly.... take some time to check out some of our previous posts... we're also featuring a few tracks by Lara George!!! Thanks to Uzo for introducing this wonderful artist's music to me :-)

8 comments:

Believer said...

Sometimes I just say thank God for God. I really don't know what my life would be without Him. Today I'm thankful for His love, it's width to reach me no matter how far I am, it's depth to catch me no matter how far I fall, it's height that's taking me to a new place in him.
I'm also thankful for you, for reminding us to be thankful. Have a wonderful and blessed week.

Believer said...

BTW, really loved the song on your blog. Is this Lara that used to be in KUSH?

diamond said...

yes Believer it is.... have a blessed week as well :-)

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

my goodness.. that story.. is something else.. Gosh I am thankful to God that I have not wondered into such churches..hmmmm.. thats how I will not hide my mouth..lol..

I remember the first time I went to my new church. I was suspicious as always thinking to myself, I hope I have not wasted mytime, but something told me in my spirit to give it a go. I just thank God for ordering my steps and His goodness. And more importantly for directing me to good churches.

Anonymous said...

Diamond, do you know where I could get the lyrics in English.

Thanks.

DiAmOnD hawk said...

I dont have the exact lyrics.. will work on that but the summary of the song as translated to me by a friend is this:

It's basically saying that the kingdom of God is at hand and the kingdom of God is the only reason or incentive for us the children of God and praying to God for His Grace and Mercy not to fall but be able to make it to the Kingdom of God.

Also that everything on this earth, friends,cars, houses my education, job etc cannot guarantee the Kingdom of God and the earth is like a resort or a journey for us but our home is heaven.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that. I've had the tune in my head for some days not knowing what the words meant, though I was assured that being on your blog I knew it was inspirational.

Thanks.

Kafo said...

this is a swell idea

i'm in

thanks for reminding mii it shouldn't be just a day or even a month but every day