November 13, 2007

30 Days of Thankfulness 2 - Day 13

Happy Tuesday....

I just woke up... and my sister calls me... she and her family and coming to spend christmas with me. Should be interesting. We're not very close but hopefully we'll be good this christmas. She has kids... so I asked her what's on their christmas list so that I can start saving/shopping... She puts her son on the phone... and this is just a few things I could understand from his list.

He wants: an elf that he can play with, santa's phone number, a fake bible????, a Thomas train with a 1 on the back... very big so that he can ride it, he wants a picture with his friends, he wants a picture with santa and his parents...

I was like okay? me and my big mouth... Where will I find an elf? lol.... I asked right? Being an aunt is quite expensive sometimes. The other day one little one called me... "Aunty Diamond, can you make a donation for blah blah blah"... Im like gosh... these schools really know how to work it... How will I say No... especially when they sound so cute and they look so cute and innocent... it's a trap i tell you.. so you have to buy the magazines, the cookies and whatever else they're selling so they can win whatever it is the think is soooooo important or they can attain whatever position/goal that has been set....

But all in all I have to say I am thankful for Family. I love the hugs and kisses that come with that. I love being a part of the kids' lives and just watching them grow and knowing that I have some kind of impact on them... hopefully it's positive... I love knowing that Im someone they know they can always come to... even when I do get strict with them when they're misbehaving... and for the adults... even when we dont see each other... I love the fact that they'll call me to make sure Im doing okay... I love the love they display.... and I have no doubt that they would be there for me in whatever situation... Everyone has their quirks... but it's all good... ..

What are you thankful for today... Im tagging Uzo and Life of a stranger for tomorrow!!!!

p.s. here are a couple of videos that made me laugh... check them out

This first one... Excited to be married is hilarious...

video video

3 comments:

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

No problem I have delivered. We thanks God for just being who He is.... Did I see it right? Excited to be married..... yipeeeeeee.

Jaycee said...

lolll...any time I watch the excited to be married video, I almost fall off my seat...

the second one was funny too...lolll...(next time he won't even go there)...

Belle said...

i love the 30 days of thankfulness that you have going on...
your nephew is tooo cute...