July 25, 2007

Ciao - Hola - Salut

Hey yall. Been away for a minute... I understand the last time when Belle closed her blog and stated she didnt have anything else to say... I totally get that... cuz I feel like Im emptied out. Well to everything there is a season... I will blog from time to time... especially in November... I'll be doing something similar to what I did last year but with a twist... Right now Im battling a sore throat... my eyes are tearing up and I have a headache... but Im still in good spirits! :-). Im starting a new position at work... we Thank God for that... hopefully this will lead to better things... also looking into going back to school... yikes!!!! school that I said I dont like... It's time... I actually feel ready... just need to conquer that GMAT first... but that wont be a problem by God's Grace...

Anyways... I thought Id share some of my random thoughts.. and maybe on a later date, I'll share the Love Letter Vera sent to me a couple of months back :-)...

Being the "other" wife:
check out words from the First Wife
I wonder how it feels to be the 2nd or 3rd wife... One of my muslim uncles contends that truly you cannot love each wife equally so indirectly the quoran doesnt advocate multiwives???? I wonder how it starts off... Do you go into marriage accepting that this is a possibility. Is this something you discuss prior to marriage if you're the first wife... and being the 2nd wife and so forth... do you feel any differently... I thought about asking someone that I know... but feel she might be defensive/offended... so I just wonder is all... if anyone is in any of these positions.. 1st w/a possibility of a 2nd or... 2nd and beyond... and would like to share... please do so... id really like to know

Pimp my car:
seriously... there must be an age limit to this. I was watching Xzibit the other day and watching as they pimped different types of car... and I started to wonder about my car... being close to 30years old... I somehow dont think it is befitting for me to pimp my car... Somehow I imagine that my colleagues wouldnt take me seriously if I arrived to work in a pimped out car... nevertheless... I think I'll will submit my car anyways... just to see if I get chosen... interested? go to Pimp My Ride

Guilty until proven innocent:
It's really disheartening to see the way Animal Right Activists are lobbying against a man [Michael Vick] that should be considered innocent until proven otherwise. But then again, he is a public figure and perhaps should be held to higher standards????? Until he's proven otherwise... Im standing by him. Reminds me of people who are against "illegal" immigrants and go protesting like they have nothing better to do with their time... i can understand the protests some of the time... but the things they say when protesting... u realize this is the opportunity to show how discriminatory people are

Love is..... a decision?
Eevn I have said that Love is a decision. But I truly wonder. Can you really control how you feel about a person. What if you find yourself liking someone that has qualities that you've always disliked in others... or rather... traits that you would prefer not to have in a partner. Lets say... you really would prefer not to be with a short guy... then you start hanging out with this guy... and he's short... but it's all good right? but then you start liking him... more and more... understandably... hanging with him is the decision... but liking/loving him? can you really dictate your emotions?

Why do you have sex? (boyfriend/girlfriend/whatever buddies)
In marriage, Ive had it described as an act of worship... glorifying God.. and for a minute I was like... "EHN????? COME AGAIN?????" I thought about this recently because one of my cousin's page on Facebook, she asks a question "must sex exist in a loving relationship(boyfriend n galfriend)"... some replied with "it depends"... on how strong ur religion is... on what you're trying to get out of a relationship... some said YES... no one said NO... so I just wanted to know... in a non-marital relationship... why do you have sex? What is the purpose of sex in that relationship? just curious is all

18 comments:

Kafo said...

FINALLY YOU ARE BACK
okay let me go and read it

Kafo said...

i'm first and secon
go Kafo go Kafo go Kafo
okay now about this sex thing
mii myself am curious
i think people have sex outside of marriage but in a committed relationship for the intimacy it provides and the thrill
seriously SEX is FUN it is supposed to be this joyous celebration
so after you convince yourself that having it outside of marriage is okay then you are able to enjoy the FUN and get closer to that person
and i think sometimes we just have sex because we need intimacy and the whole communication thing isn't working

but they again i have no experience so this is all guess work

Belle said...

glad you're back, even if you're just posting sporadically. at least you're keeping your blog open... my first instinct is always to hit delete.

hope all is well with you...

Omodudu said...

i'd pump my car with a turn table set in it anyday. Pix 60 yr old Omodudu scratching to BeeGees from the back of his oldsmobile.

Omodudu said...

If you have nothing to blog about, pick up a cause. I know you can do that. Save the whales or panda or something. African Gorilla nko?

~Mimi~ said...

ehn ehnnnnn

God saved you oh. I was just coming to start war on your page when i saw you had updated.

my goodness girl wat took you so long????

lawliiinnnnnnn @ being close to 30 you cant pimp your car. ha ha ha.
teewww funny.

and meanwhile @ the fact that no one said NO to sex not having to be a part of a loving relationship. thats a shame oh. what if you marry and God forbid, your husband has an accident waist-down, will you divorce him ni? anyways...sex before marriage isnt right according to God's law but a lot of people wouldnt get that.

and yayyyy i was at TERC last week :) i'll be there this friday again, God willing.

classybabe said...

I really feel for Michael,hope this doesn't affect his career.
I always said i wouldn't date someone that smokes but lo and behold my ex did.I guess i liked him so much and so overlooked that bad habit

SapphireAster said...

Good to know you are doing good Ms. Hawk...I was beginning to wonder! All the best with the GMAT o..I havent taken it yet sha...I'll register as soon as i feel ready..hopefully by the end of the month sha.

Naijadude said...

You can always have something to write about now, glad u're back though, hold on oh, we havent talked in awhile..and I have been catching up on ur Bishop Eddie Long ehn!

ebony said...

Yayyy!!..... Ok, let me act my age. Good to read from you. On the sex issue, if I had an unmarried sis or a coz, or a friend, I'd say WAIT! You have a lifetime to enjoy it so why sneak little bites here and there. It may be an unpopular view though.

On going back to school....you go girl!

On meeting someone you would never have expected to love and falling in love with him/her....I say love grows, matures, changes with time. Some attributes are unchangable e.g. short guy, some you can definately change e.g. the "H-factor...one of your earlier posts. This is becoming a mini-epistle so.....adios!

DiAmOnD hawk said...

Congratulations KAFO on being #1 and #2... I would offer you some plantation chips... but i ate them all!!! sorry :-)

I see that you've started over again Belle... I know what you mean about your first instinct... u shud see my draft folder... ridiculous!

Omodudu... a turn table? that sounds cool... but I cant imagine it... that'd be crazy... I may look into that Gorilla thing... thanks for the idea... lol

aaahhhh Mimi I dont think I realized you were on there last week... I will try to be on there this week as well.. i had to leave early last time...

Classybabe it's just going from bad to worse... they're making T-shirts to neuter him.. foolish people... as if their own past record is pure...

you think H-Factor can be changed Ebony? Hmm... i think it's in the person's DNA o... but u know what im realizing that things like that are kinda superficial... and I really shouldnt base my association w/people based on that... im working on that anyways...

yeah... this GMAT... doesnt seem so complicated eh SapphireAster?... God help us all conquer it!!!!

My lovely NaijaDude... it's summer and u just forgot all about it... dont worry... i do visit u on FB to get my fix :-)

Uzo said...

Ur back.....Welcome back - well sort of

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Hey miisy, I know should have left a cooment, but I told you all of it already on gmail..loll..so how are you this weekend.

Jaycee said...

It's funny how one minute I'm gisting with someone concerning a topic and I stumble on a blog, and lo and behold it's right here. Someone was telling me the same thing abt the interpretation of the quran. It says there that "if you can love all of them equally, then marry more than one wife," (paraphrasing)...so in other words, it looks like it is actually trying to discourage unequal love as opposed to encouraging it...in other words, marry one wife...

People FALL in love...lol...

Sex: I believe that sex is the manifestation of the love a man and woman have for each other ("for a man shall leave his family and become ONE (sex) with his wife"), and when there is love sex is thoroughly enjoyed...and then usually, a child is born out sex...fulfilling the command from God to go bear fruit and multiply, the ultimate purpose. Sex isn't necessary in a loving relationship, until marriage...

Vera Ezimora said...

Having sex when you are not married is all about lust and nothing else. If any1 says they did it for love, that person is lying. You most certainly do not have 2 have sex when you are in a relationship.

...And Diamond, so you still have that letter? LOL. Why don't you just admit how much you love me?

temmy tayo said...

Glad you came back. I was just going to buy a ticket and come to America to look for you.

Olamild said...

Being the other wife is not a good feeling, I'd assume. I for once cannot share my man and would never be pleased with having to share him. I want to be the one and only not first second or whatever. I don't think some women agreed to having the man marry more wives. This case is rampant in the family where extended family really butts in into their affairs. No woman would want to share her husbands. Most women that have eneded up in that position had no choice.

You could say love is a decision but falling in love is not. You cold be able to control who you love but I don't think u can control who you fall in love with.

Why do you have sex? If I say I know, I'm probabyly lying. Most people use love to cover up but they actually do it for fun. We need to get the difference btw sex n love making. they r 2 different things.

Belle said...

here's to having a superb August.

cheers!