June 8, 2007

Psalm 51

Have you ever heard a song.. that you've sung but all of a sudden the meaning really sinks in. Or have you heard something being said... you've always heard it said and all of a sudden you gain a new understanding. I remember once that I dabbled with the idea of not paying my tithes (i think i may have talked/blogged about it before) and then I realized the true significance of when they say The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. I was more of afraid of what would happen if I didnt do what I was supposed to do... that my rebellious thought was brought in line again...

Well lately... stuff has been going on. Stuff. Some can probably get a sense of it from my previous reading... stuff that I cant even profess on any page... I called my mother like an hour ago and she directed me to this psalm. and I started to cry.

I know the background of it... this was uttered by David after he taken on another man's wife. Actually heard the story on TV one random day and I was intrigued by it. But I understand what it means to be plagued... and I read this psalm and I cried because it conveyed EVERYTHING that I wanted from God. Everything that I need from God at this present moment. I want him to have Mercy on me. I want him not to take his Holy Spirit from me.

My mom said the devil will have you believe that you've reached a point of no return. The devil wants to cloud your mind because he's trying to thwart God's purpose for your life. Sometimes I wonder what part is the devil and what part is me.... but when things are happening that I am not consciously doing or allowing... then it cant be me... but whoever it is... whatever it is... I need God to have mercy on me... Have mercy on me God... Renew a right spirit within me. Create me in clean heart....

I posted something up before so if you're here again... i apologise... but this is just my mind frame. I thank you guys for your encouraging thoughts... and words
and if you'd like to check out my message blog... then the url is www.dhmessage.blogspot.com

Have a great weekend
much love
D


1 Have mercy on me, O God,
because of your unfailing love.
Because of your great compassion,
blot out the stain of my sins.

2 Wash me clean from my guilt.
Purify me from my sin.

3 For I recognize my rebellion;
it haunts me day and night.

4 Against you, and you alone, have I sinned;
I have done what is evil in your sight.
You will be proved right in what you say,
and your judgment against me is just.

5 For I was born a sinner—
yes, from the moment my mother conceived me.

6 But you desire honesty from the womb,
teaching me wisdom even there.

7 Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.

8 Oh, give me back my joy again;
you have broken me—
now let me rejoice.

9 Don’t keep looking at my sins.
Remove the stain of my guilt.

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God.
Renew a loyal spirit within me.

11 Do not banish me from your presence,
and don’t take your Holy Spirit from me.

12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
and make me willing to obey you.

13 Then I will teach your ways to rebels,
and they will return to you.

14 Forgive me for shedding blood, O God who saves;
then I will joyfully sing of your forgiveness.

15 Unseal my lips, O Lord,
that my mouth may praise you.

16 You do not desire a sacrifice, or I would offer one.
You do not want a burnt offering.

17 The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit.
You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God.

18 Look with favor on Zion and help her;
rebuild the walls of Jerusalem.

19 Then you will be pleased with sacrifices offered in the right spirit—
with burnt offerings and whole burnt offerings.
Then bulls will again be sacrificed on your altar.

13 comments:

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Its like something is going on in our heart, something that is causing us to rebel from God, and only Him have we sinned against.

its as if the enemy is fighting like never before to make us throw away our good relationship with God. But the Lord has refused to let that happen. His love for us outweighs all our failures and refusal to obey Him. I thank God for who He is, and How quickly He shows us mercy. Thank you Lord for you are indeed a good God.

Believer said...

Thank you for this message. I have been pondering on this area as well. i could do with some 'heart' surgery..create in me a clean heart O lord. A heart that pants after you. I know this post is inspired, thanks again.
Whatever you may be going through, God is with you, He has promised never to leave or forsake you. Tests show the genuiness of our faith and I believe you will come through shining. It is well.
Couldn't make TERC, i'm sure it was great..maybe we'll soon ask for TERC:The UK edition! Remain blessed.

Refinedone said...

God's love is never ending...He loved us before we even knew, let alone accepted Him...

When we fall...rise up, ask forgiveness, know you are forgiven and move on.

Love what "BELIEVER" said...Tests show the genuiness of our faith.

it's all part of the process of becoming "GOLD"

Stay blessed...

Anonymous said...

Here is anon in cali again....I'm in los angeles and feeling much better today...I will keep hope alive :-)

I read your latest post and want to tell you that the devil is a liar and deceiver. You were forgiven the minute you asked God for forgiveness. Also the only way the Holy Spirit will depart from you is if you renounce your pledge of salvation and deny asking Christ as your personal Lord and Savior. Girl, it is time to start saying "I claim my forgiveness and thank Jesus for His blood that washes my sins away". Have a lovely weekend!

disgodkidd said...

D, we all get to this point once in a while. but the beautiful thing is he knowingly made forgiveness available for us. he offers the unbeliever remission, but he offers us believers forgiveness. he could not love you less, because he has already loved you perfectly. and he doesn't take away his spirit from us, because his gifts and calling are without repentance. think on this: now unto him who is able to keep us from falling...(jude1v24)

~Mimi~ said...

i love dt song 'create in me a clean heart'! do u kno it?

DiAmOnD hawk said...

yes i know it. there are several versions to it ive found out... been looking for the one that ive grown to love... if i find it i will feature it on the TERC playlist when it's updated on sundays.... but i do love that song...

my mom gave me this psalm but i actually discovered it back in 2000... during the summer in boston... it took me an hr to get to work... so i used to flip thru my bible and i loved this one... but truly truly... it hasnt held more meaning than it does now

Street Preacher said...

D, I have been broken before Him for about a week and its great to just know that also we feel the way we do when He tugs at our hearts and keep us reaching to Him... Like you i have been in the Psalms and its good to know God always comes through to comfort the brokenhearted...

Uzo said...

Hmm...Sounds like you "did something" you are sorry for?

Trying times for you now Ms Dee but it will be well....

temmy tayo said...

I must confess that psalm gives me peace of mind when Ifeel overwhelmed with sin. Knowing fully well that we actuallu sin every minute. May God continually have mercy on us all.

Niyi said...

Diamond,
I just watched the Martina McBride video you put up. I love it. Actually, I had heard her song a couple of times on the radio. It is a very realistic and practical song.

I hope you are feeling better. Wow! Mercy, Mercy! That's a great word and it's what keeps us going.

I love this song "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceaseth. His mercies NEVER come to an end. They are new every morning. Great is thy faithfulness, O Lord."

The Sovereign and merciful God is your strength. Life is full of ebbs and flows, seasons, phases. God will see you through this season like He does any other.

Stay encouraged. He will do exceedingly more than you can ever ask, think or imagine.

God's mercy is consistent every second (even at times we think we are in 'good standing')

One of the strategies of the devil is to discourage us and bring guilt and shame. But I speak life to your situation. God loved us while we were yet sinners and that same love remains today.

Have a great day. (sorry for the epistle..lol)

DiAmOnD hawk said...

yeah Niyi.. Im doing better. You know.. there's no testimony without a test... I always keep in mind that this shall pass soon. Thank you for your encouraging words.

Kia said...

Thanks for this...I really needed it!