June 21, 2007

happy thursday: Mo Gbo Mo Ya

updated 6.22.07 @ 9am est

THANKS TO ALL THAT CAME TO TERC.... OMODUDU, NIYI, NAIJADUDE.. AND EVERYONE that was able to join in the discussion.... yall rocked!!! KAFO... im so glad you made it there today...
I will let everyone know when the TERC blog is updated.


ALSO... a happy belated birthday to MIGUEL of spicymiguel.blogspot.com aka my favorite bachelor from the Bachelorette show... His birthday was on 6/20/07

UZO's birthday is on 6/25 (monday)... so dont forget to go show your love. Happy Birthday in advance girl!

Have a great weekend everybody
much love
Ms. D


************


hey yall...
I just wanted to share this song...



My friend had told me something about "mo gbo mo ya"... and I didnt know what it meant at the time. She explained it's a term used for people who arent necessarily invited to a party but go anyways... and I mean... random people that just get dressed and look for parties to go to...

It's in yoruba.. .but that's the whole gist of the song...
The people dont know what the party is for... freedom, baby birth, wedding...
they dont know... they dont care and everyone else should really mind their business

the word freedom... gosh i havent heard that in so long. I remember I used to get my hair done at Ogba Retail Market from when I was a kid and they were always having "freedom"... the tailors and the hairdressers... very interesting...

I miss home. I really love the culture. Although now the market is really really a market... which is sad...

I have a question: Do I have to talk to EVERY nigerian that I see? I was thinking about that. I work in an environment where there arent that many Nigerians... so when I see another Nigerian... do I have to say anything to them? Cuz there's this chic at work that I dont talk to... sorta made eye contact and all when I heard her name... but we've never spoken. Im not sure if I should say anything to her.. but now Ive been seeing her for a while and vice versa... what would I now say to her... she looks at me like she expects me to say something but each time I turn around and start doing something else... hmmm... I just treat her like she's one of the number of people that i see around everyday but dont talk to...but there is that awareness... whatever jare

tomorrow is TERC.. join us...
where are all the MEN...
NIYI... i am extending an invitation to YOU.. lol..
I want to hear from u.. but since I dont have a way of emailing u or writing on ur blog.. I decided to make a public announcement...

Azuka... NaijaDude... Omodudu... Joel/Eagle's nest... Ugo Daniel... NaijaBloke... yall are invited and everyone else of course

16 comments:

Ugo Daniels said...

I dont know the song, sounds good all da same. Eerrgh..clears throat..how do i get to join this TERC? Is it online, thru calling or...what? Please holla back, ayt!

Ugo Daniels said...

Oh, in addition, it doesnt necessary hurt to say Hi to even strangers, let alone 2 sista's in an 'alien' work environment. You never can tell (..i always tell my friends!)

Niyi said...

Diamond,
hmmm.. thanks for calling me out o... : ( - just kidding.

hmmm.. 4a.m is kinda early though but I will dial in someday sha.
Thanks for the invitation.

DiAmOnD hawk said...

Ugo... you have to call in... click on TERC on my sidebar to get more info

ah... Niyi... no problem! y not let that someday be tomorrow... lol.. it's all good. it was just a thot i had recently that i'd like to hear from u.. so whenever you're ready

Naijadude said...

5 am. is for sure, I will go to bed pretty early tonight...
Nigerians? i used to care about them, but not anymore, I guess its not bad to say Hi, but not go looking to make friends just because we are Nigerians!

BlogVille Idols said...

hey pple,the contestants have sung their rock songs...pls listen to them via our voice player and vote for ur favorite.and pls leave us a comment.tanx

LondonBuki said...

And then you'll be acting like I am high when I make fun of you.

You didn't know what Mo Gbo Mo Ya meant???

Please tell everyone at TERC - I can't call for a while... I am at work and my boss is always walking by ALL THE TIME! I have next week Friday off so I will definitely call in!

Call you soon.

Kafo said...

mo gbo mo branch
that is the remix

Kafo said...

I WAS AT TERC oooooooooooo

now i'm going to sleep

okay i couldn't say anything tho.
i thought i had omodudu problem about the whole mute but when i tried to unmute i still couldn't be heard

this is sad

i liked it
but the whole Rebekah thing
hmmmmmmmmmm..... and confirmation to date a boy
hmmmmmmmmmmmm
i'm still thinking

later

Niyi said...

TERC was fun.. lol

It was kinda crazy that time a number of people were talking at the same time though.. hahahaha. and then we all got accidentally 'muted'

It's all good. I enjoyed it. And the topics were enlightening.

The topic of sovereignty and free will is one of those with varied opinions;it is one that cannot be fully understood and/or explained.

There is an article I read on my way to work that I think will bless those that were at TERC and/or those that choose to read it. I love talking about this topic actually, so I have to catch myself many times and mellow down.. lol

Here it goes and have a great weekend.

http://www.geocities.com/athens/delphi/8449/sov.html

DiAmOnD hawk said...

yeah Niyi... it was crazy but I think that was like "cold water" for us... and it was good cuz it was much calmer but still good! so thank you thank you for coming. I know it's early where you are but do join us again.. .and I will check the link out and after the TERC blog is updated... we may include it in the links somewhere...

Believer said...

I'm so sad, i keep missing TERC, it sounds like it's becoming even more interesting. anyway one of these days i'll be free on a friday morning, i'll call and actually say something! Have a blessed weekend.

~Mimi~ said...

another friday and i missed TERC :( sigh. its work oh.i pray God will give me the frace to be able to join you guys next week.

tried signin into miguel's blog but its restricted :) how does one get an invite? LOL oh yea and is he the michael that is in TERC?cos one michael guy hosted my first TERC experience and he was funny!

temmy tayo said...

Sob, sob.\ Will call TERC one day soon.

DiAmOnD hawk said...

sorry for the late reply mimi... dont mind him for making his blog private. anyways you can send your birthday wishes to him and request access by emailing him at spicymiguel@gmail.com. and yes he's the funny guy!

Uzo said...

Definitely not obligated to say hi just cos you are Nigerian...LOL...You are sooooooooo american...I tell you that enough times...Thanks for calling me at about 12.30am...LOL