May 24, 2007

sign of the times...

Yesterday I had a battle... but it started on sunday

I woke up on sunday morning to go to church... right around 5am... did all the lovely things to get ready... all of a sudden... right about 6am... trying to decide what to wear... I get a headache... I feel so weak... so I lay down and decide Im not going to church... I will watch it online. So I called my mother... she later called me and asked me if I was at church and explained to her why I wasnt. She got upset and hung up on me... she said it's the Devil's plan and all that... She doesnt like that I dont always go to church... and it's interesting because before the pastor started preaching.. he said he understands about technology these days but forsake not the assembly....(Hebrews 10:25)....so I decided on that day that I'd go to church on wednesday....

On monday... while still mulling things over, I realized that going to church on wednesday would prevent me from watching the American Idol finale. I started to debate with myself on whether I should go to church and miss the finale... and then I started to question why I was debating on whether I should go to church or stay home. I tell you until wednesday... I was still thinking things over...

This is bad. Then I remembered something the pastor had preached about months ago... about the different gods we worship. Who is my god. Who do I worship. What is that thing that takes precedence over my life. What are those things that make me put God aside for a minute... Somehow Ive been feeling that Im disconnected from God but I realize that it's not that Im disconnected... it's that im not properly positioned... I need to realign myself... so God help me. Im going to try and focus on the book of Hebrews in the bible

I was thinking it'd be great to have an accountability partner... someone that could encourage me... check up on me... someone I could talk to and all that good stuff... but since I do NOT... I still have to keep moving...

4 comments:

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

You do have an accountability partner, its me, you never listen to me..hehhehhe..ok, but seriously, we can do this together, I will laso start reading the book of Hebrews again, and I thoroughly love how you put it

"I realize that it's not that Im disconnected... it's that im not properly positioned... I need to realign myself"

Ive been feeling like that lately, and Im glad that disconnection is not the case either for me. Take care dearie.

Believer said...

I love this post for it's simplicity and honesty. Don't give up on an accountability partner, "iron sharpens iron" it really does help when you get the right person. I'm still believing God for one though. Remain blessed.

Pink-satin said...

"who is my god. Who do I worship"...thats true men...we really put many things between us and God..i mean everyday stuff that we do not even realise it is a barrier betwee us and God

Ugo Daniels said...

God first and other things cometh after. btw, i never really got around to congratulating you and naijabloke on ya engagement. Congrats oo!