May 25, 2007

He said... She said... 1a

for every relationship, there is a beginning...

She said...

so i finally met him. Him that I had talked to for the better part of a year. Him that I would fall asleep talking to on the phone and he would stay on... dozing...waiting for me to wake up. Him that volunteered to be my sugar daddy. He wasnt that old.. it was simply a joke... He wanted to take care of me.

He flew to Atlanta for a conference. I had been long aware that he was coming but never had the intention of meeting him so didnt really care. We really never discussed meeting. Perhaps he knew I was a bit apprehensive. Why was I apprehensive really... we'd talked about alot of things over the months. I was quite comfortable with him. He called me when he arrived. I called him when he checked in to his hotel. Talked to him as I prepared my dinner. I was preparing all of his favorite dishes. Nothing spectacular. Just some soft fried plantains with jollof rice and goat meat. I just wanted to share it with him... kinda... even though he wouldnt be here to eat it... we could kinda talk as I did everyting. We talked and talked. I knew where he was. What hotel he was staying in. It was about a half hour from me. He knew where I was. We'd been mailing each other things for quite a while now. But still we never discussed meeting. I was secure in my comfort zone.

******

It wasnt that late. The phone rang at about 9pm. I picked up my phone... a little groggy but still aware. I said a soft hello... you could hear the pleasure in my voice.

"Hey D"
as always... i took a moment to inhale that deep rich baritone voice.

"I know we never discussed meeting but do you mind if we met"

Moment of truth
what would meeting do? would it shatter the beautiful casing that I'd enclosed us in? He could tell I was hesistant. I cleared my throat... thinking my answer through as I spoke

"You really want to meet me" I spoke in soft caress

He laughed. He had this annoyingly arrogant way of laughing. it's hard to describe. It just irked me sometimes.

"You know I hate it when you laugh like that" I was about to start sulking like a baby.

"Awwww babe. Come on. It's not like that." He tried to console and cajole me. "I just dont want to miss out on this opportunity"

I dont know why but I had the sudden urge to peer out my window... and I see this car.. and something tells me... that's him. He's here. Parked just outside my house...

"I dont think meeting is a good idea. Im sorry." I was straight to the point. My mind was spinning though. He's HERE? Should I get mad... or should I seize the opportunity. "Let me call you back in like three minutes" I hang up quickly before he starts protesting and I continue to stare out my window. It's dark... He cant see me... All of a sudden, he comes out the car. I see him looking right at my house... right at me I think. My breath catches and I draw back quickly... afraid that he knows that I've discovered him. I feel like Im about to start hyperventilating. I cautiously peer out again... He gives one last look and gets back in his car and just sits there for a moment... then he starts his car. I go into panic mode. I cant just let him leave. Without any more thought than stopping him I rush downstairs and outside and just as he's about to take off... I bang the trunk of his car several times.

Im crazy. There I am... standing in the street.. nothing on my feet... breathing hard and trying to catch my breath. He stops his car and I just stand there looking... one hand against my chest... the other on my mouth... trying to regulate my breathing. And then I start to cry. I dont know why. I just start crying. It was so bizarre. He comes out of the car and just walks right up to me and envelopes me in this great big bear hug. Not a word is said. Everything seems to be communicated in that hug. The Hello. The Response. The silly little pleasantries we're taught to say... everything was there. I felt.. warm. secure. I stopped crying. I allowed the scent of his masculinity and his arms to be my haven. He felt so good. It was just a weird meeting. Surreal... that's the word.

Then I come to my senses. And I start laughing as I pull away. Now Im shy. I cant even look him in the eye without blushing. Oh silly silly me.

"There's no way I could have come to this city and not see you."

It's still hard for me to look up in his eye... so he uses his thumb to tilt my head up to meet up with him. I want to look down so bad and I tried to evade him... but he's quicker and takes his two hands and holds my face and then he says "Good evening" and he looks at me and gives me a kiss on the forehead

I inhale him again and give a little sigh. pure pleasure...that's what it felt like. "Would you like to come in?" We were holding hands now. I giggled. I guess it was part excitement.. part nervousness... part whatever...

He stares deep into me. "Would you like me to come in?"

Somehow I knew the question went beyond the words


***
I asked Him to write his part... and He will be doing so.. so be on the look out for 1b and have a great weekend. God Bless

click HERE for part 2

14 comments:

Ugo Daniels said...

Ok, i'll be back to get his own response...lol!

laspapi said...

Hawk, this was very well-written. I like it. And the running to the road, bare-foot, and banging on the trunk of the car? Its pure literature, I could see and feel it.
Won't you send this as one of your submissions for the naija bloggers anthology?
You're allowed 5 entries, 3 will be published. send to nigerianbloggers@yahoo.com

I like the "Whisper Poem" too, you write well.

You know Dr. Ogunbiyi?

Believer said...

Hmmm..how sweet! Looking forward to 1b. Remain blessed.

Anonymous said...

chick...thought you had a boyfriend? or are you single now?

TaureanMinx said...

I'm confused jo. But love the story...is it just a story? Babes stop with the teasing.

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

I get it. This is what happens when I leave the US. Ok, I will wait for part deux. Patiently I dare say.

~Mimi~ said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww i love 'love'. this is a good story....hmmm so is it about blog husband????? waiting for part 2

Uzo said...

ehn...Na wa oh

tokunbo said...

wow. U write quite well. Is this Truth or Fiction. The lines are like those of a love-story book that dont make one put the book down until one gets to the end of the story. With the bare-feet on the floor (i suppose a road tarred/cement floor), what happened to ur toes? i mean the instability factor of the toes - a combination of surprise, expectation, fast heart-beats, quivering knees and a cold floor.

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

oh i absolutely love this... i've tried to leave a comment on this post 2wice 2day.. i dont know if its my computer or blogger... hopefully this one goes through.. i'm going to all this effort cos ijust have to let you know how fantastic this is... absolutely beautiful writing cos i felt like i was there... cant wait to read the part 2... i understand what soul meant when she said 'iwish you'd write more often'... you really should

londonnaijachic said...

captivating...........

NaijaBloke said...

See this woman is getting everybody confused now ...

Na wah o ... so u eat goat meat now abi ..LOL

Naija Vixen said...

oh wow,riveting...you write well...will out for part 2

tcherokee said...

Nice, well written... When is part 2 coming out :)