April 26, 2007

reflections

Galatians 6:17
Finally, let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus


my mother sent me a text message. Apparently this was the message I gave her when I was around 10 or so... I wrote it for her... i think i put it behind the chair in her office. At the time I think her colleague was giving her grief.... The thing is I was amazed... I asked her if she was sure that I was the one who wrote it. She said yes. Apparently she still has it. I had to ask her what passage it was... when she said it...it sounded so profound... I was a bit amazed that I would write such a thing...

i wonder what happened to me really. where is that passion that i had when i was younger. why dont i remember all these things that i used to do. what happened to me? I mean I still love God no doubt but it's just not the same. I remember I would pray in water and drink and know that I would be healed. My mom said my grandma used to ask me to pray in her water for her... I just laugh cuz I dont remember... but I do believe in things like that. One thing I've always had going for me is my faith. My faith that God will always take care of me

Im out of sorts at the moment. Im just there. and "there" is not a very good place to be. Well maybe "there" isnt the right word. Im transitioning... Ive started to notice little changes about me. For instance,I have no desire to sin. Which is pretty interesting. Cuz I find myself willing myself to sin... actually consciously... attempting to.... but I have no desire to... It's just weird for me. Cuz sinning was sorta a comfort zone for me... But my waning desire is good because that is where I want to be... and my desire for other things... are just not there anymore... things that I know are not good for me. Like the desire to go to work... it's completely gone... LOL.. maybe its just laziness yeah? One thing Im beginning to realize is even when u dont feel like moving... u just have to... like I so do not feel like leaving this bed today at all... but I have to... at least to cook something... That's another thing... My desire for junk food... I dont know where it went... Now i find myself actually shopping for proper food... WHAT IS GOING ON WITH ME

anyways...
the TERC blog has been updated. Miguel talks about two guys in the bible... Elijah & Elisha. It is a message of hope. It is a message to remain focused. check it out HERE

hope everyone's week is going great.

7 comments:

azuka said...

I hope I make it there tomorrow for TERC. It's amazing what we do as children -- got some amazing stories too.

omo-obanta said...

when is the next terc so i can see about joining in...
Faith is somethin I constantly struggle with despite all of God's blessings, may God help me.

DiAmOnD hawk said...

it's every friday from 5am est till 6am.... check out www.tercblog.blogspot.com and scroll down the bottom for instructions...or scroll down on my page... you'll see the instructions there...

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Diamond, i see u spreading the word. Good job! Plus i came on here to show off my new profile pix. What do u think?

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

I find myself doing that exactly of late. Maybe because I feel like I really havnt started living properly, but that cant be so, the Lord is my strength, but these days, everything seem to be a huge effort. Help me Lord I pray. I was back in church today gosh how I've been missed. think I like this 'I miss you' feeling. LOL. Have a super week.

Jaycee said...

awww....I am soooo SPEECHLESS concerning what u stuck behind ur mum's chair...

U shd see me right now...I'm sticking my hands in the air, joining the cloud of witnesses and cheering u on....YOU GOOOOO DIAMOND...

~MuAh~

~Mimi~ said...

I was asking myself that question recently when I was trying to find Balaak's story in the bible...The 10year old me wouldnt have taken forever...
I guess thats why David said 'restore unto me the joy of my salvation.

Because there is no other like those first few weeks/months when you start your relationship with him. I guess its similar to physical relationships,when we start out we have butterflies in our stomach but getting into the relationship,we start to take a lot of things for granted. Ok, this is now officially no longer a comment. It is a post!!