April 6, 2007

I see London... I see France

okay...maybe not France... but Im sure I must have flown over it at some point

I am here finally... I bring you londoners greetings from the durrrrrttttyyyyyyyyyyyy souf
Im here to brighten up those dreary clouds for the next week or so although the weather is nice today

First I'd like to thank God... for bringing me safely here. God is worthy to be praised. And I commit the rest of my trip into His Hands...

I was to fly into Heathrow...but due to some extreme delays I ended up flying direct into gatwick. How about I sent a text message to my brother and my sister to let them know of the change and my brother didnt get it. So he was waiting for me at heathrow...but thankfully my sister got it and was there to meet me....

There are some things Im trying to work on while Im here so we'll see how it goes... all in all I just want to have fun. This is the first real vacation OUTSIDE the country that i've taken in years... lots of ppl to meet and lots of places to go....

But somn annoying thing happened at the LondonBridge train station... this girl...clearly african was asking for a phone....I was like I dont live here so I dont know o... but it took me a while to understand her...I dont know what kind of funny accent she was using to talk to my sister and I o.... I was like NA BY FORCE

Then on the train, we met this older naija guy who gave us a brief history lesson of Lagos and Benin... how in Benin eko means camp but in yoruba it means lagos... that's because the benin ppl were in lagos first... it was the port of entry and there were lots of camps and blahblah blah... interesting history... glad I was able to talk to him...

anyhooooooo
if you want to call me and say Hello
My number is {check back later or email me}

33 comments:

azuka said...

People are enjoying oh! Chei, Azuka is jealous!

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

I am so glad to see that you have arrived. A trip well deserved I know. Send my love to Tony Blair and the govenment of great britain, oh how I miss Eastenders, corri and emerdale [I've been away for only a yr and I've lost the plots and the story lines].

Wish I was Home. Well you deserve it, enjoy. And we will see you when you get back.

Have a blessed trip.

Just Thinking Out Loud! said...

I c you are enjoying life. Na u o! Look forward to definitely visiting London myself too this summer.

DiAmOnD hawk said...

aaahhh azuks...dont be jealous nowwwww... dont worry... whatever you want...i'll get it for u ok?

@life...im in ur town. will be in manchester too as well. dont worry ill try to catch up on eastenders for you... NOT!!! I cant believe they're still showing it...

@JTOL... yes o. infact im planning on coming back this year again... are you still in da A?

NaijaBloke said...

So u finally made it ...hmmm..

Enjoy ya sef well well o and bring back all the goodies we sent u o ..

Ugo Daniels said...

Just make sure you carry better gist come back ooo

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

@diamond you are wicked...

when I saw will catch up on eastenders I was at last some story plot, but you had to spoil it..aww well.. Gosh, if you are going to be in manchester letme know when, so I can get my sister to get ya, and she will show you something about the town, or have u made other arrangements. Keep me posted.

Cherio.

dairy of a G said...

HAVE FUN we we and all that good stuff

LondonBuki said...

WELCOME TO THE UK!!!!

Calabar Gal said...

Welcome Diamond. Hope you have a lovely holiday. Eh hen you said ur number was.........?????? LOL!!

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

Happy easter beautiful

Michael said...

Diamond....could you get me a few packs of TUC biscuit (yellow wrap)PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE!!! if you fail to return with them na war oooooo...

Have a great time.

Biodun said...

Have a nice time in London!

Jaycee said...

Are u back??? Miss ya!!!

londonnaijachic said...

Enjoy your vacation and happy easter 2 U

Uzo said...

Have tons of fun for me. If you get to meet my 2 favorite ladies, give them big big hugs for me and try to call me when you are with them. Oya email me your number jare....

Soul said...

You brought us sunshine! lol.
erm but you know we ain't used to too much of it right?.. it's starting to get a little bit too hot.. so please don't forget to pull out some southern breeze from your suitcase :D

LondonBuki said...

Diamond... u alright blad?

I'd like to thank you for the lovely weather we had this weekend... I hear it's going to be warmer this weekend... THANK YOU DIAMOND!

Please if you are coming back later this year, come during the Autumn so we can have some kind of a heatwave.

x

temmy tayo said...

You are having fun o.

Good for you, weather is cool at the moment.

snazzy said...

so someone was boring you with the history of lagos, and so you decided to do the same to us. Where is the beef? What did we ever do to you? Hope you had a good easter. Laters.

DiAmOnD hawk said...

aaahhh snazzyy.... so u were bored... pele o...i happen to love history... never boring!!!

Vera Ezimora said...

Diamond, my love, my sweetie, my suga, my pumpkin pie, cinamon bun, you know I love you with all I have and all I will have in the future. You know you're the 1st pesin I think of when I wake up, the first pesin I think of when I go 2 sleep, and the only pesin I think of when I'm sleeping. You know you have a special place in my heart.

That being said, don't 4get 2 bring me plenty of Bounty candy o!! U know they don't have it here in Yankee. Oh, and bring some shortbread too! Dont 4get o.

My lovely baby...take kare of ur bootiful sef 4 me ehn? *KISSES*

bimbylads said...

HEY LUV.. WELCOME TO LONDON.. R U STILL HERE??... emailme ok.. take care love..

Omodudu said...

interesting

Vera Ezimora said...

Diamond, I DEMAND a response from u right now!!! Don't lemme come back here and not find a response here o!!

diamond said...

yes vera sweetie...i got ur order... after all this dreaming... even me i was tired of being the main feature... dont worry...i will send you one bounty... lol. email me your address before the weekend ok?

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

hope you're having fun

Biodun said...

So ur enjoying London so much that u dont want 2 update ur blog bah? Ku ise o, well done!

Jaycee said...

Miss ya...

Bring my CHO-CO-LATE o...don't forget...LOLLLL...

~Muah~

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Diamond mi atata, how u dey? Ok, enjoy and when are u coming back sef? Have fun sha. Have a blessed week.

Nilla said...

Have fun oh!!

Or are you back yet....seeing as I'm just posting now.

Have a wonderful week!

temmy tayo said...

You this gal, i missed seeing ya face at FOL.

I have sent u an email o.

How can u be in my dormot without paying homage? lol.

Take care

omo-obanta said...

Obanta is just ijebu people's version of oduduwa. In any case thanks for visiting my blog-how's london?
ANd how did you put the music on your thingy