March 5, 2007

On my heart...

WATCH THIS VIDEO FIRST


I watched this video and was reminded of the story of Esther in the bible. That's the ONE book I've read this year...many more to go..God help me. Im not sure what prompted me to read it. Maybe it's the fact that it's not that long... I do that sometimes... pick random stories in the bible. I have a Chicken Soup for the Soul bible which I love cuz it has life stories and it's also in plain english so Im better able to understand. My niece's name is Esther, she was born about two years ago...so so cute and I remember thinking I didnt really like that name because I thought it seemed so... not touche... Im one to talk right? since my own name is Favor.... anyways, I read the book of Esther and I was inspired by her story. What an honor it is to bear such a name. Esther became queen and thus saved her people...read the story for yourself HERE

and then recently I read Laspapi's blog entry BROKEN WALLS and I thought to myself what a good guy...his actions are certainly commendable and then I thought this is how everyone should be.... actions such as his should be common place... it should be weird when no one wants to help

Basically...to sum up my post...

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF ONE

I think of it this way: Sometimes it seems ur but one drop of water in an empty pail...but thinking about it...if everyone was or were to become a drop....eventually...one day... the pail would get full...and then it would start to overflow... then we can set up filling the next one...I dont know how else to put it. It may start out that you feel a bit lonely...being just that one drop...thinking...how will this work... insert thoughts of Nigeria here

I sometimes doubt myself. It's interesting that some people see a greatness in me that I sometimes dont see in myself. Why do I doubt me? I need to be brave like Esther a whole lot more... step out more on faith...take more risks....

My prayer for myself..and for you...is that I(you) be strategically placed...wherever God wants me to be. That God will order my steps and that all the other voices around me...all the distractions are silenced and removed.... so that God's voice and His word will come thru pure and clear and that I will be obedient to His instructions with no hesistation even when it doesnt make sense to me

never understimate the power of one

Jesus was ONE! that just occured to me actually
You can be too
I will be too
infact...i am ONE
so help me God

how's your day/week so far....
did u like the song?
It's by Nickelback - If everyone cared


in other news...all you prayer warriors should keep me in their prayers...I dont feel so well. Not sure what's wrong...sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe...not necessarily a good thing....but Im believing that all will be...all IS well with me

15 comments:

Nilla said...

I'm FIRST!!! ....lol

I'm loving you so much right now for this post. And you know, that song you put up by Nickelback, I heard for the first time last week or so, and it stuck in my head. It's a really inspirational song I love it.

Once again I love this post.
And I pray you feel well right now in Jesus name..AMEN!
Take care Missy!

Lady A said...

Being one is definetly a lifestlye, an everyday choice. Being whole with God is the only way to go.

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

I love the name Ester infact I was going to call my daughter Hadassah - which is Esther in Hebrew - like minds think alike.

You are well biko. Im coming over.

DiAmOnD hawk said...

IRO NI... u beat Buki??? lol... yeah NILLA... I thought of you as well with the song... thot about your Nigerian series... good job with that

hey Lady A...thx for stopping by and you're right...being one with God is the only way to go...

@LOASCM Hmmm...Hadassah...i like that...Ive never thought of giving my children english names...but maybe I'd consider hebrew names...i like that...

Jaycee said...

This is like the second post on blogspot that has actually made my eyes watery. I get so inspired by u sometimes, its not even funny. The video was out of this world, I loved it...and I LOVE ITTTTTT! If everyone CARED, it will make the world a better place...

It takes only ONE...it took only one person to 'have a dream' for freedom of blacks in America...Martin Luther King...

It took only ONE person to have a dream for freedom for equality (against apartheid) in South Africa...Nelson Mandela...


It'll take just ONE of us to do anything God lays on ourhearts to do, we don't need to lean on a HUMAN ARM (flesh), when we can be strengthened by God to GO FORTH and ACT in righteousness...

I'm inspired to do the UNBELIEVABLE, and something that's NOT the NORM...

(a baby I know who just came into the world a few days ago has the name Hadassah...and I'm loving the name...I'm all up for any name with a good meaning, because the bible says, "as a man's name is so is he..."

Thanks for this beautiful post...

~MUAH~

LondonBuki said...

Diamond! Diamond!! Diamond!!!

I am MAD at you! I am not first, not second, not third!!! And you were all threee yesterday on mu blog! IT IS ON!!! LOL!!!

Come here, let me give you a BEEEG hug! LOL!!! This is a lovely post! And why is your previous post GONE??? I loved it! I guess you have your reasons.

I can't view the vid at work, will check it out at home.

But I can say - your words, I can totally relate to them. I don't have enough faith in myself sometimes and I am surprised when e.g. people say I am strong, I am a good daughter... Really? Me?

Each and everyone of us is important...

AMEN to the prayer... AMEN!!!

Have a beauriful day!

DiAmOnD hawk said...

aaahhhh Buki ma binu...dont mind Nilla o. Dont worry Im going to get a stick to beat her now!!!! Imagine her doing such a thing. I couldnt stop her o... lol

awww...Jaycee...im sending u some kleenex...you know...the ones with lotion...LOL but girl i like u highlighting Martin Luther and Mandela...great examples right thuurrrrrr...

i wonder how many other ONEs we have out there....

Believer said...

Diamond, you are healed in the mighty name of Jesus. The balm of Gilead is alive and well to give you the strength that you need.
I love this blog, sometimes we underestimate the power that has been given to us by God. My mantra is 'Do what you can, with what you have, where you are'. Remain blessed

Uzo said...

Fantastic post. I never used to think like this but since i believe that God has this marvellous purpose for my life, then me (this one person) has the power to move mountains. Fabulous post...

Not feeling so great? Pele

Uzo said...

Oh - And The Bachelor premiere's on my blog tomorrow....

LondonBuki said...

Diamond, you updated this post right? Cos I did not read this earlier today:

"in other news...all you prayer warriors should keep me in their prayers...I dont feel so well. Not sure what's wrong...sometimes I have to remind myself to breathe...not necessarily a good thing....but Im believing that all will be...all IS well with me"

Are you worrying about anything? Because there was a time I felt like that when I was so worried about my Mummy, about three years ago... My brother almost called an ambulance once. Jo ma ronu ju o! Don't think too much...

Diamond, it is well with you... You are well, in Jesus' Name (AMEN).

((((HUGS))))

Shay said...

hey babie...what's going with this breathing thing? God's healing hand is over you.

yeah, great insight on being ONE and being effective. i believe St Fracis of Assisi said something like you just need to start doing what's possible and soon you'll find you're doing what's impossible...

and D, you know i BELIEVE in you. you're fabulous and you're going to do great things...you already are but you'll do much GREATER things...it's not just me saying it. God said that befored you were even born! so, better start believing yourself now ;) xx

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

It is well with you in Jesus name- Amen. Fabulous post, it really takes each and everyone of us to make a difference. Will listen to the song when i get home.

Naijadude said...

I dont have much to say, because you know it already, IT IS WELL WITH YOU. "surely goodness and mercy shall follow you all the days of your life and you shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever"
You know what it takes to feel better, bring it to use, let it manifest in your life.
You know it is well, before anyone else could tell you it is. So cheer up, smile you know the good Lord never leave you!

Have a blessed one , hun!!

Kafo said...

I've had this song on my playlist since I got the album but the VIDEO speaks volumes.
Wow
Very inspirational