January 31, 2007

Hump Day...

Totally random stuff:

When you pump gas, is it necessary to turn off the car engine? Because the other day, I forgot....but I didnt realize until I had finished and got back in the car....I got ready to twist the key....and realized I didnt have to. I was just thankful that my car didnt blow up or something...

Yesterday...I went to bestbuy...patiently waited for a space and was about to reverse the car into the spot...and what happens....this old white lady with a big red truck quickly goes around me to enter the space...Thank God I looked back just in time otherwise that would have been an accident. So I waited for her to come out of her car and I rolled my window down. I stated to her...I was just about to reverse into that space. She says "Oh Im sorry" and keeps walking. Oh YOU'RE SORRY? okay. let's see how you get out of this parking space cuz Im parking my car right here...and I most likely wont be done until AFTER you're ready to leave. I mean other ppl CLEARLY saw what I was trying to do...then u deided to chance me? okay no problem.

Well that really wasnt how it went down... a couple who saw what happened was about leaving and motioned for me to wait for them...so I did...if not...my car wouldve stayed right there...foolish woman...what she should have done, was get back in her monster truck and offer to leave the space. I was so calm...I even surprised myself...I guess this is all part of being mature...choosing your battles. But I was just baffled by the incident...it's never happened to me before. It wasnt even like I was a mile away trying to reverse....I clearly pulled just past the space and STOPPED. then hit reverse and was already backing towards it. Now if there had been an accident...who would have been at fault. This happened one time on thanksgiving day in boston. We needed some food and my dad and I went to a chinese store cuz it seems those are the only ppl that open on holidays. So we waited and waited and waited for a parking spot...that's how this guy chanced us. My dad said no problem. So he just parked his car behind the other guy's car and said YOU NEED TO MOVE....he was very calm about it too. Luckily the guy moved his car cuz I know my dad is VERY stubborn...what is it with ppl and parking spaces

infact....i had another incident where this huge white truck parked so close to me....neither of us could open our doors. Rebellious me...I just sat in my car...willing him to hit my car door with his door so I could really get him. That was an older white man. So now I have to wonder...is it white ppl and their big trucks...because I dont drive a a truck to intimidate other ppl ehn? in due time...maybe not...i drove an F-150 and I couldnt handle it...I think I'll stick to regular sedans....

*hiss* absolute NONsense

one last story from my parking lot saga....I was reversing out a spot ...that's how my passenger doors open on each side. Two asian ladies were trying to get into the car. Infact I was too shocked to be alarmed. Thank God they werent hijackers or kidnappers...just old ladies with no clue. Because I was just frozen...I mean if you had told me that would happen before it did...I'd probably think I would react quickly...but no...too shocked to do anything....

how's your week going.

oh...before i forget...did anyone watch American Idol yesterday. You know I've been hearing about Paula being drunk but yesterday she was VERY VERY loopy... I wondered what drug she was on and now this morning on the news, I hear they might be trying to replace her permanently with Courtney Love as reported by US Weekly. I mean there was a guy who had wonderful pitch....sang well...and she says..."OH im sorry...you sounded horrible"...and then she gave a standing ovation to a guy that wasnt so so remarkable....hmmmm if she's not drunk or on drugs...then I dont know... I mean even Simon and Randy were looking at her like WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU


Blogger Bachelorette is coming up the first full week of February....you dont want to miss it TRUST ME...wanna know who the lucky bachelorette is?.....

21 comments:

LondonBuki said...

I am looking forward to Blogger Bachelorette!!!

Some people are just out there to provoke you, I tell you! I had an incident with my flatmate, over the weekend, that I will blog about, it made me realise I have actually matured.

LOL @ the two ladies that opened your passenger doors! LOL!!!

I am FIRST!

Enjoy the rest of your week...

P.S. American Idol is shown here too, I will check it out during the weekend.

DiAmOnD hawk said...

aaah....Buki...I see you're claiming back your crown from that thief Vera.... ;-) good!

yes check out American Idol and tell me what you think of Paula...

londonnaijachic said...

I guess as you mature and grow older, you just calm down. People can just be plain idiots at times why would you do something like that and think its fine.She is lucky she didn't do it with the wrong person sha.

Is Paula loopy or something? I am beginning to believe simon's claim that she is.
Enjoy the rest of your week. Two more work days and the weekend is here.hehehehehe!!!!

azuka said...

Big trucks intimidating Diamond's little sedan. It's an unfair world, but what can we do?

NaijaBloke said...

LOL@been intimidated by big trucks and ur parking lot issues ..

Thank u for noticing Paula o ..I was just talking to a friend abt it abd when they said she had to go back to Hollywood for a family issue and was not there for the last day in Birmingham ..I thot hmmm...

Aunty where is the link u want to send me o,cos am still waiting for the supposed pic of me.

have a nice rest of the week o

Calabar Gal said...

LOL @ the two asian ladies opening ur back doors. What happened next?

Looking forward to Blogger Bacholerette.

Vera a thief? Watch out!! World War III here we come!!! (smile)

diamond said...

@LNC..im waiting for the weekend too...finally finally I will really start putting things away since I moved :-)


@Azuka..imagine that o...maybe I should get a chauffered truck too...so that I too can oppress and suppress...lol


@NB...after I send u the pic even if you deny that it is you...i will not believe...i said it's you...and that's THAT...lol. Me too...I raised an eyebrow at that going home for a family emergency story...YEAH RIGHT

@Calabar girl...we must call a spade a spade...abi in Vera's case...a thief a thief...she's sooooooo scandalous...but fashi that side...i want to know what it is about Calabar girls that everyone is talking about so that I can learn...please share the secret with me

DiAmOnD hawk said...

@Calabar girl...sorry I didnt even answer ur question...after what seemed like 24hrs later...when I managed to realize that I do have a voice...three of us realized at the same time that something wasnt right...just as i was about to exclaim..they said "oh sorry", shut my door and got into their waiting car...needless to say that incident serves as a constant reminder that no matter where i am...whether it's my garage or the parking lot...my doors need to remain locked as long as im inside

Vera Ezimora said...

If only u had super man (woman) powers to pick that truck up and toss it away.

If only...!

LondonBuki said...

Yes I am Up... thanks... watching it now.

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

Blogger Bachelorette.. this is the first i heard of it.. sounds fun! whao.. i haven't watched the new American Idol... i saw the interview tho.. the woman has been smoking coconut oil... all these big big trucks self... they should leave you peacefully now

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

Thanks babe for the maya angelou poem.. never read it b4 but I'm in love with it.. it captures a lot of what i'm feeling right now.. even the yolanda adams song is good.. wish i could hear it.. maybe i'll youtube it.

temmy tayo said...

Lol at Azuka and Vera.

Hurry up with the Bachelorette!

Paula?? Never really liked her. Beef, I know.

UnNaked Soul said...

@diamond: quickie! quickie!! about the bachelorette thingy...

TaureanMinx said...

Am i missing something? Blogger bachelorette? Sounds interesting!

Naija Sapphire said...

What exactly is blogger bachelorette? Sounds like fun.
About those old women, they always try to misbehave. The best thing is to treat them as they want to be treated. It just hurts me when they think it is their right to overtake the younger ones

mimi said...

i for one hate to have a truck or trucks ard me if i'm drivin.
blogsville bachelorette, cant wait!!!!
let the show begin...

mimi said...

the title; Hump day- sounds funny, maybe its jus me

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Gosh its so amazing the amount of silly people who drive on the roads. Back in england, I was driving on the mororway (highway its called here)- one old lady decides to switch lanes, yep onto my lane - she hits my car at 75 miles an hr, refused to stop and continued driving. It was very late, and I couldn't take her plate number. I keept beeping, narder. She refused to stop and carried on. I was so vexed. Thats how she got away with hitting me and running.

anywho - am really looking forward to the barchelorette..thingy. Nice.

Nilla said...

lol @ your parking lot happenings, especially the one with the 2 old ladies.

It's funny this year I haven't followed American Idol at all!

I'm really looking forward to the blogger bachelorette!!

Naijadude said...

LOL @ the parking space saga! good thing the couple saved her....

yeah..blogger bachelorette sounds great... awaiting ur email eh!