January 7, 2007

....he cheated

I went to the movies today. After church I decided Id go early to watch Dream Girls. Everyone has been raving about it and it would only cost me $5 for an AM show. It is a beautiful movie. Something that resonated deep within me was that, no matter what, you have to keep going at your dream. Dont always expect instant gratification on everything but stay focused...stay true...and one day, your dream will become reality. No one told me it was a tear jerker so I wasnt prepared with my Kleenex. Next I hopped over to see the movie, The Holiday featuring Carmen Diaz. Beautiful movie that one is...also another Tear Jerker. I just kept crying the whole movie. How ridiculous....Im such a wuss. I was so drained at that point, so I decided against a 3rd movie. I had originally planned to see The Good Shepherd...yep......all with the $5. So I went home and perfect timing too because one of my brothers in Nigeria called me just as I was leaving the theatre. I got to speak with him and the children. I love kids...they're so cute...they do say the darndest things

Wouldnt it be great if life was sorta like the movies? Where Jude Law could fall in love with you within two weeks and cry when you leave. How easy would it be to switch houses, switch countries at the drop of a hat and then you find love when you least expect it. You find someone who loves you for you. Think about Sweet Home Alabama....Jerry Maguire...Bridget Jones' Diary...Chocolat...

With 2006, I put my infatuation with the stranger to rest. He's gorgeous though. He's a smooth talking Jamaican. He smiles and I smile. The other day he touched me…kinda ran his hands through my back and I gasped. Oh my goodness...I didnt know who it was at first but it felt good. But I will just learn to appreciate things like that without delving deeper into it. Im so in love with my boyfriend. I didnt know it was possible to fall in love all over again but it happened.

My boyfriend is extremely smart. We met almost 20years ago. It seems like Ive been betrothed to him since then. He's a very humble gentleman...and quite easy on the eyes...just gorgeous. A nice balance between brains and looks....so what he doesnt write me poems...he sends me cute little text messages that have me smiling through the day. I only need to look at him smile to have a brighter day. Im hurt when he's hurt, Im angry when he's angry...we are perfectly suited to each other...somewhere deep in my heart, there was a whisper that he was the one for me. I realize I have to appreciate it more and more and I cant do that by having my attention on some other people. We are careful in our relationship...we dont want to repeat the mistakes of the older generation...

Like my brother in California... he recently got caught cheating on his girl. What a way to start the new year. He tells me he cant help himself. I tell him he's lucky to be with the chick he's with and he needs to get his act together. He said he doesn't want to commit. He just wants to keep banging as many people as possible. He wants to have his cake and a couple more on the side. This is irresponsible behavior and I told him as such. He should have thought about that before he had 3 children with the chick right? I told him he was selfish and he was being a poor example for his children. I think I'm going to pray that every time he's tempted to be with another woman, that his penis doesnt work...but then that might mess with his self-esteem but I dont know what else to do. I dont like that he cheated...a member of my own family. People used to think I didnt like guys because it seemed I was so hard on them...little did they know that I have a couple of players in my family and Im quite familiar with their games so I recognize it when someone tries to run one on me. It's such a shame. God help him. I gave him a few pointers on how to win his chick back. At least she didnt leave him... yet...but it's only a matter of time if he cant keep it zipped up

19 comments:

Nilla said...

I hear "dream girls" every where...I guess i better plan on seeing it then.

Have a great week girl!

DiAmOnD hawk said...

i wasnt going to see it at first cuz i felt it may be too hyped up...but it is a good movie...Jennifer Hudson can definitely blow...I loved all the songs in the movie...because Im trying not to be so impulsive Ive decided to wait to get the soundtrack...

have a great week too nilla

SapphireAster said...

SapphireAster said....,
I think dreamgirls is the first movie \i'll see when I get back. Everyone keeps talking about it!
Per the bro...I pray he realizes his woman's worth before its too late.
Have a great week

Uzo said...

Seeing as i dislike Beyonce but love Jamie Foxx and Eddie Murphy, i know i will definitely see this at some point. Also, am so happy for Jennifer Hudson with all the rave reviewsd she is getting. So fab.

I used to movie hop too. So much fun. LOL

Mphahlele said...

i hope your brother stays on track, cheating is not a nice thing, and i still have to watch dreamgirls. happy new year girl

Biodun said...

lol, @ praying for ur brotha about his penis, its sad, I dont still get the whole cheating thing, Pray for him.
I saw dream girls too, loved it!
You n ur guy sound so great together, so when is the wedding, just kidding
Have a blessed week girl!

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Hey D - as I was reading the post what caught my eye was "We met almost 20years ago" - so old were you then - so youve known him since you guys were practly babies - this one is serious love. Like I said - Invite me biko. So that I can come and represent..LOL.

But its true what you say about the dream. A good way will be to reconise it and walk with it. Happy monday. Im so happy today. I dont know why. All Ive been hearing is good good news.

azuka said...

That's a really harsh prayer, but then it might be what he needs to stop cheating ;-).

Omodudu said...

Cheating is like cocaine! Not like I know what cocaine feels liek, oh oh, I am just digging deeper into this hole. I meant cheating is so baaad..

Mosaic said...

Yeah, I went to see it this weekend and it didn't quite do it for me. Maybe I was just tired. I will say that J. Hud's performance was phenomenal and CeCe was 'foine! THe movie just seemed to run in w/ other such movies that I'd seen like, "What's Love Got to Do With It" and "Ray."

As for you brother, it's good that you're unbiased and tell him like it is, despite the fact that he's your brother!

DiAmOnD hawk said...

hmmm....SapphireAster said..., is that your new name now? :-)

why oh why UZO dont you like Beyonce...I think she's great...

I hope so too o Mphahlele. Cheating is not it at all!!!!

BIODUN & AZUKA...I dont know what else to do...any suggestions?

LIFE OF A STRANGER...you and Bijou have an invitation for sure...

if not for Bijou attesting to your great aura/character, OMODUDU....I would suspecting... :-)


hmmm...MOSAIC...Cece was sure one fine black brother...the movie is a really good one...I didnt think I would like it that much...but I dont know that it will win the golden globe...we'll wait and see...as per my brother...what's right is right...family or not you know

Anonymous said...

I would say just pray for him. I believe God put specific individuals in families "for just a time like this." You have spoken to him, but now, it is time for God to hear from your heart. He (God) is able to make all things new, even this situation.

Jaycee said...

I saw Dream Girls too...it was a good one. Hope ur brother becomes better than he is in terms of relationships, all the best dear...

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

OMODUDU HA! we meet here again. Look who's telling "them" not to do drugs? Anyways, as for u this Diamond, that's ur attempt at being different abi? Instead of the usual @Safayah, @Bijou?

Ok, on to the post, girl that ur bro's prayer is kinda mean o. But cheating ain't cool either. I need to see dream girls too. That Jamaican hunk, u better be careful before that tempter gets u in trouble (lol). BOB is da BOMB!!! See how i'm rhyming.

DiAmOnD hawk said...

okay o... @Bijou... se you're happy now...lol...who said you could rhyme...abegggyy...leave it to those of us w/skillz

I believe what you say is true ANON...Ive always found it interesting that all my elder ones look to me to diffuse situations....advice...etc

Im hoping the same too JAYCEE...it is important not only for his relationship but for his children

NaijaBloke said...

Diamond na so life be me I no go get invite for ur wedding abi,well am letting u know now.If u like go carry KGB or MOSSAD come from Israel,I go crash that wedding by force ..LOL

I can only say ..HMMM to ur brother o,but thank God he has a sister that is admonishing him.Just ask him how he will feel if someone is doing that to u..

LOL@ur prayer ..

temmy tayo said...

I think I have to see dream girls once i get back to England ni yen.

Cheating is crazy but i am beginning to think that men will never learn.

His penis not working is harsh o,sofry sofry on ur brother.

Vera Ezimora said...

Yeah, like Bloke said, I wanna be invited to the wedding too! I don't care where and when, but I better get an invitation. And I don't want an e-vite?

Daddy's Girl said...

Awww... like you I've sometimes wished life could be like the movies. But then I remind myself that it would actually be all weird and cosmetic and not as satisfying. The real thing may be gritty and sometimes very hard, but it's ultimately more fulfilling (or at least that's what I tell myself). But anyway, thank God we still have all those mushy movie moments to keep our romantic dreams alive! Nice post girl.