December 3, 2006

O ye of little faith...

....

The lawyer looked at the papers and she gave a little laugh...she said "I've never seen this before"

I told her it was God

...

Let me rewind...to the very beginning...

...

I happened upon this idea of 30days of thanksgiving...even though I didnt update my blog for each day I was still thankful. Earlier this year, I wrote down my goals...some might refer to is as a NewYear's resolution...but I just wrote things down that I wanted to accomplish...a checklist. One of the things I wrote was to go to California, london, lagos, buy a digital camera, research schools for my MBA and research buying a house...etc

I went to california and if you follow my blog, you'll know I went to see my brother after about a decade of not seeing him. I bought a digital camera...which I barely use upon all the research I put into buying it...and instead of researching for a house, I decided I would move in with my cousin...brand new home...cheaper rent...I could help her out...save money...pay down more of my debt...

Well well well
my mother was against me moving in with my cousin...ever heard "familiarity breeds contempt"...she said "you will fight" and I knew it was true but I rationalized it. I wont be home mostly. I'll be in school or work. Even my friends told me it would be hard to live with someone else after living on your own for so long.. Anyways the plan was for the house to be ready by the end of november...so when it came time for a lease renewal, I did 6mths only...till early december.
*****

Fast Fwd a couple of months...end of august...I hadnt been to church in a while but I heard on the radio that the following sunday was the Pastoral Anniversary...so I made it a point to go that sunday. Biship Neil Ellis preached...he is a true prophet...he professed...by the end of this year you will own something you've never owned before. I claimed it.

Didnt go to church again...at least my church...in fact maybe I didnt go at all until October 1. To my surprise Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo came to preach and again he said the same thing. He said something big will happen to you by the end of this year. Told us to sow a seed...said the same thing about wealth transfer and also about owning something by the end of the year. I claimed it

I went to another church...Destiny...and what do you know...the message was similar...I kept on claiming...

****
So November came...I made up my mind that I wouldnt move with my cousin...besides her house wasnt finished...she was looking more into the new year...which means I'd have to look at renewing my lease or going month to month which tends to be quite exorbitant...at that point i decided instead of researching 'how' to buy a house..i would start the process of getting one. I had significant credit card debt that I had paid off...I was about to pay off one of my school loans (all those work hours arent for no reason)...in short I met all the necessary criteria to qualify for a loan... so I get a realtor... I tell him what Im looking for. I tell you guys that my price range was such that I couldnt afford to be extra picky. I wanted a new home...but I told him that an older home was fine...

Within 3days...I told my realtor that I'd changed my mind...I would be doing this solo. I started on a Daniel Fast for 3days with my friend and my mom...requested they pray with me about this decision to buy a new home. My manager at work had questioned why I was going thru a realtor. She told me to look online...infact I even went as far as looking for new StarBucks locations...Oh...yall dont know....StarBucks does MAJOR research before they open any of their shops...they look at the area...try to determine profitability and all that...so if you're looking for a home and you see a new starbucks...chances are it's a great area...just drive around...w/in a 5mile radius or so... Anyways I went online...I found one...it was a 2bedroom 2bath with 1car garage...it was 10mins away...it was new...and it was well within my price range...so I made up my mind to go look at it. I called my friend's mom and she decided she'd come with me.

We looked at it...I liked it...but my friend's mom asked to see the 3bedroom...they were nice to look at but they were almost $30000 above my price range...and that's just the base price o. The seller agent said I should make an offer and we'll see....so I did and guess what...they accepted it. They were giving $10k towards the closing cost with their lender but they gave it to me with my own lender. It seems like everything I had told God I wanted was happening. I definitely was looking for someone other than myself to pay the closing costs...infact the day before I went to look for this house...I'd inquired on how soon I can get money out of my 401k if I needed it for closing

so the process started...I tried to get them to go a little lower on the price...but they didnt budge. Infact when I went to sign my contract and put money down the lady that was there was very surprised at the deal I got

....and on November 30 when I said the Devil is a liar...I'll soon tell you why. Will finish this up later...hopefully i can do so from work cuz I dont have internet access at home. Trying to catch up on last week's episode of Desperate Housewives online

How have you guys been? Hope all is well

17 comments:

Naijadude said...

Is it a blessing for me to be the first to comment? I claim the blessings therein, In Jesus Name.

Your testimony inspires me. Whoever build their trust on the Lord shall never fail. Every good things in life is yours in Jesus Name, there will be great testimonies to come in Jesus Name.
And the new house will be a blessing to you, you shall never regret making a decision. It is well!!!

DiAmOnD hawk said...

yes NaijaDude...it is a blessing...so claim it...but leave some for the rest o... :-)

angie said...

GOD is an awesome GOD!!!!
can't wait to hear the rest of it.

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

WOW! Complete this thing quickly jere. When's the housewarming? Lemme bring my gele and iborun. Thank God. Isn't it awesome how God always comes thru for his children? Starbucks location hmmm... first time i'm hearing that. Will spread it to others.

Uzo said...

Oh wow....Finish this off soon. If it ends the way i think, congrats love....God is so good.

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Only God and God alone deserves all the Praise and Thanksgiving. He has done it and its beautiful in His sight. What an awsome testimony to remind us that even though we have a couple of weeks still left till the end of the year - The promise He has promised He would still bring to pass.

I eagerly await the rest of the story. Stay Blessed.

SapphireAster said...

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! Congratulations to the newest homeowner in blogger. I'm so happy for you. Thank God for his blessings! Thanks for the starbucks thing o...never heard of it.
Cant wait to read the rest of it!

Ms. May said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I really admire you for being so together and investing in property. I would so love to do that too but am not sure if I'm ready. Nothing but more belssings for you in your new home.

Looking forward to the rest of the story.

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

hey D: I can see you are very busy - how is work and all. I need to send you my details for the foam baths LOL - I havnt forgotten. LOL.

In my head and around me said...

Congratulations!!! You must feel so fulfilled.

temmy tayp said...

When He has said YES I strongly believe that no one can say NO. When God is on one' side na overcomer be dat.

God is good. I am a living proof.

Jaycee said...

Yayyyyyy...congrats DIAMOND........are we celebrating????????

LondonBuki said...

Can't wait to read the rest of this... God is GOOD!

diamond said...

hey you guys...thank you sooooooo much

@Ms.May...you'll know when it's time...

belle said...

Wow... this truly is a testimony... congrats on becoming a home owner. God is GOOD!

soo...whats this about you not going to church? you need to find a church home!

**sorry for the lecture =)

Belle said...

Wow... this truly is a testimony... congrats on becoming a home owner. God is GOOD!

soo...whats this about you not going to church? you need to find a church home!

**sorry for the lecture =)

DiAmOnD hawk said...

aaaahhh Belle...I need the lecture. God is Good... most def!