December 5, 2006

O ye of little faith part deux

okay yall.... I started to type and everything was just sorta all over the place...so I'll do it by day...

Okay. Keep in mind that my closing date was to be November 30

11/16 - This is when i signed my contract. I got home and talked to the Lender. My whole body was shaking when he told me how much I would have to pay. As in I didnt know if I could do it or not. The guy was calm though...he wasnt pushy at all. He tried to tell me of his experience as well. I truly believe he was Godsent. I wasnt sure if I was making the right decision. I told him maybe I should call him back...he said no worries...then I said for him to go ahead and lock-in my rate. My Papers were then sent to the GA office to take over. The guy I was working with told me the papers I should have ready for the processing of my loan. No worries...I pretty much have everything.

The weekend...into Monday: I receive a call from the GA office saying they heard they're trying to rush a closing for me...gave me the info I needed. I had everything BUT my w-2 from 2005. Imagine...I found EVERY document but that one. as in i typically keep important info together...where in the world was my tax form. I was almost freaking out. I knew it had to be in my apartment somewhere. On wednesday...right before thanksgiving...I went to Kinkos to fax what I had...imagine...their fax wasnt even working. At this point I was tired...cuz I'd been looking for the tax form. I hadnt eaten. I just left it alone and went home. I figured I could send them the info after Thanksgiving and it should still be fine. So on thurday (thxgiving) I went thru my entire apartment and I found it. I started to thank God...I was sooooooooooo happy. Everything was set...or so I thought

I decided to move my closing date tilil 12/1...doing so would mean I wouldnt have a payment due for two months...but I would have to prepay all the interest for one month. Based on my calculations, I figured everything should be covered by the closing costs. I called them to allocate the money they were giving me. They cautioned me stating I may not having enough for them to cover the closing costs in which case moving the closing date would cause me to come out of pocket more. They wanted to see if I could do it earlier. I said no. Infact I lied and said I was going out of town so I couldnt do it earlier. I wish I didnt lie...and I told God I was sorry...but this made me realize...that inspite of myself...God is God

They tried to tell me if I change my closing date, they wouldnt give me the incentives... meaning... no closing costs... no appliance package... no money down towards the price of the house...nothing. I told them if they wouldnt do it to forget it. I had long decided that nothing should overly stress me with this...if it did, i would take it as a sign that it wasnt meant to be and move on. In the mean time I wasnt sure anymore. I believe I was being led by God but what if I couldnt afford to pay the closing costs. I kept asking my lender what my closing costs would be and she kept giving me the runaround...i mean she couldnt even estimate...infact she was nasty to me the whole period but I kept calm cuz I realized that it may not be her...it could be the devil trying to rile me up...

******
anyways...everything was done. EXCEPT my rental verification. Imagine that yeye lender. Didnt fax my rental verification until the morning of 11/30 which should have been the original closing date. And wouldnt you know it...the Apartment's computer system went down...THE WHOLE DAY. and then my Lender's system went down too? Hmmm....very suspicious. The Devil is a Liar...that's when I put that up...I said it was done! I was professing it. I asked the Lender if an exception could be made...they said No..they need the information. She knew she needed this information sinceeeeeeeeee o...it is NOW that she decided to fax it. I was hyperventilating. I was sooooooooooo emotional. I called my mom...she talked to me...she said "Diamond...take it easy. God's Will WILL be done"...I was calm...sorta...trying anyways....my closing was 12/1...and I still didnt know how much I had to come out of pocket with

*******
Finally finally everything is done. they receive my rental verification. She called me and said you need to bring $1300 to closing.

Thirteen what? FOR WHY?
my heart dropped o
I mentally calculated my account...ok...doable but to be honest you guys this would have taken a very nice chunk out of my account o...as in i have to eat now...i have to buy gas...i have other bills to pay. I asked her why it was that much. This lady was like she will email me. I asked why she cant tell me over the phone. It was like I was forcing her to do her job...but i refused to get sucked into her nastiness...I was so calm with her...infact i amazed myself because in the past I would have straight up snapped at her

After much prodding..she starts to list why...I asked her if she applied all the funds the seller was paying...I asked if she'd applied the money I had already put down...she said she would call me back.

I called my mom. My mom told me to tell God what I want. So I went to my room and cried...and I told God..."I told you I didnt want to come out of pocket for anything...infact...I want money back"...

My friend's mom was with me the whole day. She asked if I would go to the bank to get the money. I told her No...that we should just go...Cuz I told God I didnt want to pay anything and I was stepping out of the house on faith

****
I got in my car...i Put in my Funmi William's Praise and Worship CD....you know there are times where english/american praise and worship doesnt just do it..you have to go back to the motherland...I kept praying...thanking God...telling God about what I asked him...talking to God. I prayed if I had to pay anything it would not be more than $500...but really I didnt want to pay anything and I kept telling God

****
I was late to closing...like 10mins...right before I got there...the lender called me. She said "Ms Hawkins..you're right. I didnt apply everything...so we actually owe you $$$"

I just started crying....laughing...crying...it was God. I know it was God. I told God I didnt know how he was going to do it...he had to work his miracle somehow....they owed me money....O Glory Hallelujah....Thank you God...yes I know I havent paid tithes lately or been to church but God sees my heart...I just started to thank God. As in..this has never happened to me before. I walked out of my apartment on faith...and God came thru.

*****

will finish this later today or tomorrow

okay...im back

anyways...the money I got back...I quickly went that night and deposited it in the bank and I promised the whole thing back to God.

The lawyer was amazed...EVERYTHING was paid. infact...to be honest..im not sure how that money reached...i suspect I may have gotten more money...but what's my own. I handed it to God and He did it. Everything was paid...you have to pay an initiation fee for the HomeOwners association...that was paid...title insurance...paid...interest for the month...paid....6 months of something or other...paid....God is amazing...

The lawyer said she'd never seen where everything was covered AND I got money back. She told me "You negotiated well"

me? negotiate?
and that was when I told her "it was God"
she said "okay"
and I said "yes, it was God"

Did you guys see anything of negotiation in anything I wrote? Nope! I didnt do anything....I did nothing. I started to pray...that this same God who did this for me...will work a miracle in all of your lives...yes....ALL OF YOU READING THIS...whatever you're believing God for...have faith...LEAN ON HIM...he will surely do it. I prayed for Buki's mom...I felt God...and through this medium...I extend that same God in me...to you...please...just believe...ONLY believe...have faith...whatever it is you want...whatever it is you need...it will work out according to God's Will in your life in Jesus' Name .... Amen

so I asked God for 1...he gave me MORE than I wanted. Infact...you have to pay for blinds in the house...do you know there are blinds there...it wasnt included in the price...infact it was a "mistake"...someone told me I was lucky...I smiled and knew it was God...and Im not talking shabby blinds here....the house...wasnt even on the market when I went to look at it...I see this as God all the way. I see it as him reserving the house for me... I got the house for less than I wouldve paid for an older home of comparable size...it's a new home... infact...the same exact house a block away closed for almost $30k more than what I paid just last week. I have the largest floor plan in the community and I've paid the least for it....That means...I have instant equity...dont have to wait for the house to appreciate...SUDDENLY...you ever heard that in the bible...something is happening...and then SUDDENLY...you life can change in an instant you know...

It is God

Now Im believing God for other things. I've put in my request...
you guys this changed my level with God o...as in...im almost speechless
but I have to share my story...it is important we all do...to encourage each other
to prove that God is real

thank you guys for reading...
please thank God for me...praise him for me too
I look forward to sharing in YOUR testimonies

25 comments:

Biodun said...

Congrats on the house girl, home ownership is always a good thing n am glad u didnt have 2 pay any closing cost too!

SapphireAster said...

And it even gets betterr...She got MONEY BACK! Diamond you dont even know how encouraging your posts are! This is just the beginning.

Naijadude said...

This is the Lord's doing, its marvelous in out sight!
God is everly great.
Your post are encouraging and inspiring, you made me start a marathon for December as well. I am so full of praise and thanks. I dont know why but I wont stop, reading your testimony I feel empowered and great!

I pray that His everlasting love be with you everytime. You are blessed!!!

mosaic said...

Awesome, awesome testimony! Congratualtions on being a home owner. Wooohooo! So when's the housewarming?

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

You had told God what you wanted - stepped out in faith and refused to change your mind.

That is Faith - Congratulations again - it feels so good to finally own a home - like you have some invetments. Congratulations again. I look forward to the final installment.

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

We give all thanks to the Lord thanks to Lord, thanks to the Lord, We give all thanks to the Lord thanks to Lord thanks to the Lord.

There is nothing better than an encouraging story - if God came though for you he will also answer our prayer.

I tap into your annointning of Faith and finished work and pray that the same God that went ahead of you and made all your paths straight will continue to work in each one of our lives.

God is Good. It sort of reminds you that God was already taking care of business even when you wernt aware of them.

May glory honour and adoration for ascribed to His holy Name. Amen.

I claim every blessing that you have posted into my life in the Name of Jesus. Amen. Continue remaining blessed.

NaijaBloke said...

Congratulations on getting the home Diamond ... that was the reward on ur 30days thanksgiving ...

So when is the house warming now?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations.

God always knows how to bless his people.

And when are we washing it?

DiAmOnD hawk said...

@biodun...u beig in the real estate business...you definitely know how good it is not to come out of pocket...especially since part of the money went down to buy the rate down

@Sapphire...yep...this is just the beginning..you know God doesnt repeat himself...meaning He will continue to do more and more...eyes have no seen o...

@NaijaDude...I will be looking forward to reading yours in december...

@Mosaic...girl how are you. thanx o. God is an awesome God...each time I reflect....I have just have to keep saying Thank you

@Life...girl you're great! and please claim it!

@NaijaBloke...Im praying for you too...how far with what you were working on

@Anon (okay...you can use your name cuz you know I know who you are. Im not mad at you just disappointed)...thanx

as per the housewarming....im not sure yet...maybe next year. I want to get furniture first...Im accepting visa giftcards yall...so feel free to send :-)

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Girl, God really came thru for u like he always does for his children. Congratulations. Don't think u can be sleek o, u berra (in the razzest accent ever) mail me my invite to the housewarming. Funny thing, is that even though the realtors just said "ok," when u said 'twas God, ur testimony can go a long way in changing their views about God and may even leave them yearning to know this ur GOD. Enjoy ur new home, and when am i coming for a sleepover/visit. Despite our unfaithfulness God remains forever faithful. It doesn't matter what we're doing or not doing, his plans for each and everyone of us will still be fulfilled. I so feel u on that, as in sometimes English Praise 'n Worship doesn't strike the right chord. But when i slot in my Naija gospel CD's, it puts me in the mood of worship in no time. O! What a mighty God we serve.

ms. may said...

Sister girl, you are blessed. God is really good o....like you said, "inspite of" ourselves and what we do. His love and support is truly without condition. Enjoy your new home!!!!!

angie said...

tanx for sharing this wonderful testimony..it is really encouraging and inspiring. It shows that our GOD is really an AWESOME GOD!!!!
We just can't thank HIM enuf for all He has done, is doing and is still going to do!

Uzo said...

So fabulous. Stories like this remind me to keep praying and thanking God because He has so many plans for us. Congratulations

LondonBuki said...

God of Miracles Na Our Papa Oh!!!!

Wonderful Story!

There are some things I want to do but I am scared I will be unsuccessful, so why bother... BUT this has reassured me that nothing is impossible with God!

I thank God for this and what is to come in your life Diamond...

God is Good!

My Mummy is going to have a testimony... which she will share with you all... AMEN!!!

Jaycee said...

Congratulations dear...

Daddy's Girl said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!! God is good.

Suru said...

Awesome testimony. I am also believeing God for a house and I thank God for you to want to release His blessing through this medium. You know when we ask for stuff, we ask smaller than what God can do. He gives us exceedingly, abundantly above ALL that we ask. Praise God!!! and congratulations on homeownership!!!

temmy tayo said...

Congrats dearie.
Awesome God we serve. He has promised that He will never fail us jare.

Vera Ezimora said...

Girl, that is sooooo great. Indeed, God does work in very mysterious ways.

AJOKE said...

I couldnt help but to comment on how wonderful God is.I have to say' reading ur testimony has given me a new insight into the way God answers prayers,He is so faithful even when we're not.I thank God for using you as a means for reaching out to people.keep it up.

Diamond said...

hey you guys...thank you guys for the comments...and please continue to Praise God and Thank him...a thought came to me the other day...will I only praise Him when the going is good?....will I only fast and pray when I want something...This period is really challenging me to step up my game w/God...

are you HOT or COLD... sometimes? all the times? a few times?

Suru...God has already prepared your house for you...when the time comes...even you will be amazed...

@LB...girl you've got me breaking out in a song....NOTHING is impossible with God...there is no limit with God...no limit...infact i need to remind myself that all the time

belle said...

COngrats! Awesome testimony!!

Belle said...

COngrats! Awesome testimony!!

TITILOYE said...

Inspiring notes hmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gid is good all the time.
stay blessed Diamond

ABEL TITILOYE
( NIGERIA)

lamikayty said...

lovely encouragement several years after!!!! Bless the Lord!