December 21, 2006

here comes the Bride...

I got to work yesterday and all of a sudden..LITERALLY...all of a sudden I was sick. I walked in the door...my head became heavy and stuffy and my whole body started to ache. my whole entire body. Im sure people thought I was on my period or something cuz I kept moaning and shifting my body trying to relieve the ache to no avail. Then I cried. Called my aunt who told me what to get from the drugstore. In the midst of all this, I receive a text message from my mother

Long and short of the text is this
"I must hear of your wedding plans by next year in Jesus' Name" (let me add AMEN to that)

what? my bodyache went into remission for like one second while I absorbed this.

Interesting.
next year...okay...so you guys...Im getting married o

I called Bob and told him...but he was sleeping....so we talked this morning...he was asking me what I called to tell him last night. Said he had a dream that we got married...as in it was a surprise. He didnt know anything was happening...all of a sudden I come out of the car...ready for marriage...

that is one funny dream....but anyways I told him my mom said whether it is him or someone else, she must hear the plans next year. He asked me who the someone else is...abi does my mom know someone else...I denied she did....at least not to my knowledge...except it's that her friend's son she wants to marry me off to at church. Apparently he's now a doctor and expressed his interest in passing conversation...WHATEVER

so Bob and I started to talk about the wedding and introduction and all that. All of a sudden, my body was in this quivering state...as in...it's quite scary...oh my goodness. I dont know if I'll be able to go thru all that ceremony. He started to talk about the introduction and all that. I told him I dont want to do any introduction...I just want the wedding...he said will our parents meet at the church for the first time? Well I said No...they'll kinda meet casually beforehand

Gosh you guys....next year...that is sooooooo soon but really...im in my mid twenties....what am I waiting for right...well Im waiting for the man...abi will I propose to myself and marry myself? God forbid o... Bob is still in school so he wants to be done..he wants to be sure he can maintain his family. He wants to get married soon as well...I mean he goes to a wedding like every weekend...but we are not going to rush anything...well I've given him a deadline...so we wont rush anything up until the deadline. But really it's we young ones that waste time...I mean I have an uncle (i think he's almost 40 or slightly older than that)...within a year, he met his wife (mid 30s) through some family friend introduction...and got married...

Everyone keeps telling me I will make a good wife. My boss at work, told me I'd make a good "english" wife... so proper i guess. I think it's because she saw me knitting a scarf...a project i started around April in anticipation for my london trip which is still unfinished...and then she asked me if I could cook and I said Yes.... Im quite conservative...very traditional... acknowledged this about myself to myself a couple of weeks back...but there's always that _______ streak in there.... I pray I make a good wife. That I am everything my Husband desires and more and vice versa...that I will be an addition/multiplication....all that... to his life as well as that of his family/friends... I pray that... let me not start before this thing becomes too long

I want to have a quiet wedding...but I come from a big family...who will I now say is more important that can attend as opposed to the others. Before you know it, the incident will be fueling arguments for years to come...oh you dont have that in your own family? My family argue about stuff that happened in the 80s...tell me that isnt insane...it is this part of the family I dont want to come....but of course I must invite them...they will come and smile in my face then go back and say negative things behind my back... hmmm... maybe we could elope....scratch that...what will I come back and tell my mom...infact the liver to face my mother with that kind of scenario has not been developed

Well 2007 is 12 days away... alot can happen into those 365 days.... maybe i'll have a surprise wedding...I dont know...maybe I'll get engaged...Im getting giddy thinking about it. How will I get engaged...it better not be in a restaurant with the ring in my wine glass or a fortune cookie....it better not be anything written in the sky lines....hmmmm...I better be surprised is my only requirement...well surprised and it better be off the chain and my sister must be involved. infact...you cant pull off a surprise if you dont collaborate with my sister. My sister gave me her ring size...just incase her man wants to plan...he knows I'd be the one to do it with...we girls shhhaaaaaaaa ..anyways my sister doesnt necessarily have to be involved but it might prove helpful...

Maybe I should start planning the wedding. Bob said I can plan all I want but nothing goes without his approval...which is true. My sister said well you cant plan a wedding without him. I said "says who".... I can...all the groom has to do is get a tux and get some friends to act as his groomsmen...and show up and repeat after the Pastor... "I..... take thee.... " but im joking you guys. Im not planning my wedding. My ideas change all the time...so I'll wait for that time to come and of course I have a special aunty I made off Blogsville to help me when it's time

I've been visiting wedding websites lately...I stopped for a while but I dont know...it seems I've caught the bug again...and I guess a few people I know have scheduled their weddings for next year....all asking/praying that mine will be next year too... I went to seunandgrace.com and checked out their wedding video...and I was so giddy hearing them repeat the vows...I checked out ibukunandbola.com as well.... I wonder how my day will be...prayerfully not a circus as once described by don chichi ...

anyways... in other news
The aunt I called when I was sick yesterday...she asked me a question... "Were you told about my shower"

No, I replied. When is it

It was last week

Last week? No one told me...or I would have come

she said she was wondering why I didnt show up. Can you imagine. If you follow my blog...the aunt that gives me the "bath set" gifts ALL THE TIME is the one that planned this shower...and I wasnt invited. Isnt that mad? Maybe it was an oversight...but somehow I dont see how that would be an oversight...I mean she saw me the week before...we were all together when my dad was around. My aunt wanted to clarify my reasons for not showing up...now she's going to query that other aunt on why I wasnt told... hmmm...this sounds like family drama that I sooooooooo do NOT want to be involved in. Anyways Im sure she'll lie and say "I thought I told...or I did tell her..."

***
Im hosting christmas this year in the house that God blessed me with...so God help me...but from me to you...I wish you the best christmas...remember the Reason for this Season and give him Honor and Praise and remember in all things...GIVE THANKS

15 comments:

Jaycee said...

yayyy...I'm the FIRST! Congratulations in advance diamond, even if he hasn't proposed yet (lol)...I can sense it that u'll actually make a good wife sha...from the way people talk (write) u can tell certain things, right? Abi, is it just me? U sound like everything a guy would want! Keep ur head up...don't be too surprised, its coming soon oh...

mosaic said...

LOL @ so we wont rush anything up (at least not up until the deadline.)

Dang. Maybe your aunt found out that you planned to give those bath giftsets away. LOL

Anyway, have a Merry Christmas and have fun hosting in your new place.

Nyemoni said...

Wish you d very best girl...I'm sure you'll make the right decision.. God bless.

LondonBuki said...

Diamond, whatever you want from God, He will give it to you.

Congratulations again on the house and I am sure Xmas will be Wonderful in it :-)

Merry Xmas!!! :-)

diamond said...

@Jaycee...even though i know at some point he will pop the question...i get giddy thinking about it...must be a girl thing

@Mosaic...yes o...not up until the deadline..lol
hmmm...Mosaic I sure hope she never finds it...

@Nyemoni...thanks for the best wishes....

@LB...Amen o! You as well...and girl Im trying to psyche ppl to bring in dishes...like a potluck cuz I dont want to do that much cooking.. :-)

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Am i invited for Christmas lunch/ dinner? Anyhoos, girl u berra invite me to ur wedding, if not we'd fight and i mean the type u take to the streets. I so have the feeling that he's gpnna pop the question next year (lol). Family Drama, hmmm tell me about it. I've a very big drama-filled family. In as much as i like giving people the benefit of doubt, this sure doesn't look or sound like an oversight. Just brush it off and if u love urself, STAY CLEAR. Have a wonderful Christmas and a blessed new year.

DiAmOnD hawk said...

if i marry a blogger...bijou you'll be one of my bridesmaids...dont worry...

and yes girl you're invited...just bring a dish...im looking for someone to bring me some fried plantains

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

THis you wedding will be transatalantic oo. I am so excited for you. Like xoxo says if you dont want a scene you better invite me.LOL.

Well keep us updated on the wedding plans. 2007 is indeed going to be trully a magnificent year for us all.

Dont let the bath soaps aubty worry you. You have too much fun to worry about.LOL. and make sure u have a trully wonderful christmas.

NaijaBloke said...

First of all ..lemme ask if u r feeling berra now..

So the wedding is next yr,no wahala as Xoxo and TLOASCM already emphasized,if u dare not to invite me,I dont know abt Xoxo and TLOASCM .. na war o ..LOL

U take care and have a lovely Xmas

Vera Ezimora said...

Diamond, I'm planning your wedding in my head too. Sure, I dunno what u look like or what 'Bob' looks like, but I can't help but imagine how, when and where he will propose.

Miguel said...

Diamond ...I'll join Jaycee in congratulating you... em em by the way ...what color is the aso ebi? lol ... Have a Merry Christmas

DiAmOnD hawk said...

@Miguel...se you will come and sing at my wedding :-)

@NB...thank you sweetie...im getting better...my mom says i must confess positive things...

@life...for sure you too are invited...my blog family definitely gets an invite...

@Vera...so what are you planning... :-)

temmy tayo said...

Do u have to marry a blogger before u can have blogger on your bridal train? Na by force I have to be one of the damsels on the train o.lol.

Merry Xmas.

Naijadude said...

Well I am pretty sure its never too late to invite ppl for Xmas party, as today is Xmas anyways! hence. my invite!!

Merry Christmas, to you too, have a wonderful holiday season!

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Merry Christmas Diamond aka my blinging lady. Hope u're having fun and u're being the perfect hostess? Do u feel better now?