November 7, 2006

Toxic

So surprise surprise...citing irreconcilable differences, brittany has filed for divorce from K-Fed
Cant say Im surprised. But really this is so bad. Why dont these marriages last...really why dont they. I was really rooting for them you know. I was hoping they would prove everyone wrong...kinda be like the white whitney and bobby....or maybe not... seeing as Whitney is serious about divorcing Bobby now. I didnt like how K-Fed so soon after sexing up Shar went after Brittany...I do believe he saw an opportunity and capitalized on it...but who can blame him...

Today I am thankful for my relationship with my boyfriend. I dont talk much about it...or him. But he's truly the love of my life. We're 3 years strong...and for someone who only dated people for 6mths or less...this is a big deal for me. So much temptation all around...it is only by the Grace of God. Did I tell you guys I was tripping over one blogger like that? I promise you infatuation is not a good thing...but I've gotten over it since but my boyfriend found out o. And he calmly told me about it and my mouth just opened WIDE in silent shock. As in...he was so calm. He said he had something to tell me. I was like what is it? He said never mind. Knowing me....and he does...I goaded him into telling me....oh my my my. That has got to be one of the few times that i've been rendered speechless. As in, I didnt know what to say...what to do...my mouth was just open and I was just looking...

He's been there for me...no matter what. I remember one time, I was having computer issues...my desktop...he had to wake up o...it was the middle of the night....if im having issues...he's having issues...as in we need to share all our experiences...lol. He's patient and slow to anger...but once he's angry please take cover...unlike me...I get angry easily but my anger dissipates quickly. It's just so unhealthy to keep things bottled in you know. If Im mad at something...trust me, it wont take him long to find out...but him....oh Lord help me... and I just know he's expecting me to cook all those funky meats...like roundabout...the black round fish....things that I cant stand to look at... what is roundabout?

anyways....3 years strong and counting. I am thankful to God for our unique relationship because I truly believe that it was ordained by God.

what are you thankful for today?

19 comments:

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

YAY!!! FIRST TODAY!!! A+ for my first coming performance...

Oh whao!!! Thank God you didn't lose a great guy over nuttin!!! I'm so happy for you.. 3 years?!?!? Dayum... it's almost unimaginable to me... but I'm with a guy that I just might end up being with for a very long time with the way things are going(smiles)... I'm thankful for my boyfriend... for his patience, for his kindness, for his heart, for his understanding... With him I don't have to put on a show cos he sees the real me and for that I'm thankful. I'm thankful to God for giving Robin Thicke that sexyass voice cos his album is just GREAT!!! I think his song lost without you is now on my long list of future wedding songs... check it out seriously.. IT ROCKS!!!

Vera Ezimora said...

Why is this foolish girl (overwhelmed) the first here?!

Yeah, girl, what is roundabout abeg? LOL. Naija & their names sha.

I'm happy for u both. Stay strong. As 4 Brittany? Abeg, it's about time. The only unfortunate thing is that their kids would have to shuffle bw mom and dad.

Though it's difficult sometimes, I'm thankful for my life and where I am today. Many won't see it as a lot, but considering where I came from and what I'm working with, I know it's a lot.

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

YAY!!! I can finally access ur blog from my home computer once again. Anyways, didn't i warn u about Blogger Boo? Thank God u retraced ur step (lol) before it was too late. I think roundabout is the intestine of cow or som'n.

TaureanMinx said...

A boo on blogger? Now this is interesting! lol. Appreciate the good guys and don't take them for granted. Glad you did that!

Belle said...

blogger boo eh? lol
so have you met this mystery man? and how did your man find out about your "cyber crush"?

Biodun said...

Glad ur whole crush thing is sorted, your guy sounds like a great guy, hold on him girl, lol Today I am thankful for having such a great older sister, she is the best, I am going to put up a post on that. I am thankful that we have a great relationship!

Diamond said...

@ONB...will be sure to find the song

@Vera...everyone's level is different...in all things, thank God..and it most certainly doesnt matter how others see it...what's yours is yours...your progress is different from anyone else's... looking fwd to ur next chapter

@Bijou...see how special you are o. i removed the music just for YOU

@TMinx...you're so right. sometimes we think the grass is greener on the other side...only to find out it's JUST THE SAME...or maybe even worse

@Belle...I havent met him yet...but at this point i dont even care if I meet him or not...what if the feelings come flooding back...no oh...i dont want trouble that's how i'll be accused of "arranging" to meet someone...lol

@Biodun...yes I had to put him in perspective. My guy is the best. Sometimes Im like "am I dating him for real?" Big sisters are great. I have one in England who's just wonderful

Belle said...

LOL @ diamond

ok, have you at least seen a pic or something? hmmmm this cyber crush is deep eh?

DiAmOnD hawk said...

aaahhhhhhh Belle...you want to get me in trouble abi. abeg...im experiencing amnesia...what was the topic again

LOL

yes.ive seen a pic.hmmmm

ms. may said...

Gurl......you need to talk about your boo more. Sounds like an evolved Naija man for him to get past your blogger crush. I second ONB on Robin Thicke......that is one fine white man with a sexy ass voice. My friend calls his record a panty dropper....LOL. So when you cook a nice romantic meal for boyf (including roundabout...LOL), put that on. The night will end right! LOL.

I am thankful for bloggers like you who definitely put a smile on my face when I'm feeling down and who I can share my experiences with in a reciprocal way. Have a fab rest of the week!

Uzo said...

Britney and Kfed? A marriage that was not meant to be or entered into for the wrong reasons cant work.

I am happy about you and the boyfriend. 3 years huh? Roundabout? I think its the insides of an animal. LOL. The things we do for love. My ex hated onions and seafood and i love both....

I am thankful for being able to feel. I feel blah today but i am lucky. Some people are not in a position to feel anything at all.

LondonBuki said...

Britney and K-Fed... they married quick quick and so soon after his ex...

We've been reading about Blogger Boo since... thank Gos your relationship has moved past him. Like TM said, we shouldn't take the good guys for granted... they are rare.

Miguel said...

I am thankful to God that you boy friend caught you... i am thankful to God that his catching you has made you realize the treasure you have (cause i really dont know how i'll handle that)... I am thankful to God that in all you've found a reason to thank Him.

As per Britney and K-Fed ... all i can say is...K-Fed will think twice before releasing another album.

DiAmOnD hawk said...

awww...Ms May *sniff sniff*...blogger like me...what a compliment :-)

@Uzo...rather the things we WONT do for love. Im not cooking that...

@LB...Blogger Boo and I are on a break o...but it's not over...lol

@Miguel. trust you to say how it is...but really I didnt do anything bad...really bad...i guess i should have clarified. I just wrote of this particular person in gushing terms to someone else...I never acted anything out...nor was this blogger awr...and my bf found out and was like ehn ehn...so you're writing about a guy in..... hmmm Miguel...maybe it was YOU
:-)

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

AS usual I am always the last to join the party - been otherwise engaged. But I hope am back now.

Did you know diamond that I sort of suspected you had a man - but with all this stories of the friend who has a new girlfriend and blogger boo - I thought it wasn't serious - like a friendshuip sort of relationship. I am glad I know now that you have a real and proper boo - I will stop teasing so he is so nice huh - so wonderful, so great, so awsome, -

But I still know who the boo was - Im glad you now amnesia - it might try to spoil things if you remember - trust miguel to point out the disadvantages for having another man occupy your man instead of the one that should.

Through these eyes said...

Seems like a lot of ish going on around us within these last couple of weeks.

Brit and Kev divorce, Ed Bradley dies, Gerald Levert dies, Democrats take over the house and senate (in the US), etc etc.

Vera Ezimora said...

Update pls!

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Diamond darling, the only anopheles mosquito that gives me malaria, the only sugar in my tea, the only skeleton in my closet, how're u doing? Hope everything's ok, 'cos we've not seen any thankful post since Tuesday. Take care.

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

BTW, mucho gracias for taking out the music thingy that wasn't letting me access ur blog. Sending a squeezy cyber hug ur way, did u feel it?