November 20, 2006

hey yall

I woke up and I had to take a mental step back because I wasnt sure what day it was and what my work schedule is...that's when you know you've been working too much. I am guilty of overworking...I typically work in excess of 60hours a week...My prayer is that I work smarter not harder...Im getting to that stage...step by step

I woke up and started playing my Nigerian Praise and Worship CD. My mom had told me to do this a while back....instead of doing nothing when I wake up...she said wake up and play some christian music to kinda set the tone for your day...she's is so right. I typically wake up and watch the news and then try to quickly catch up on my blogs...cuz I dont want to read them at work anymore...besides there's really no time to do so at work...

Today Im thankful for someone
She's beautiful (will confirm when i see more than her eye...lol)
She's smart
She's funny
Totally relatable
She got my attention my constantly responding to things I would say
and she would be so on point
I promise you I thought she could be my twin for another set of parents
Cuz she could effectively communicate my thoughts
It was surreal
It was weird
So I started to follow her around too
sought her out...
I thought she was a reporter....
...you know...one of those investigative ones
that keep digging and digging...
I wasnt sure how to handle her sometimes
cuz im like...no no no.....we're too similar in some ways
was someone playing a joke on me?
apparently not...

and then something happened....
my laptop crashed
now for me....i keep everything onmy laptop....
EVERYTHING
so all my music was gone....all of it...unbelievable...
i had some good stuff...even some unreleased naija music...
and it was all gone
technology eh?
but what happened after that was amazing
She started sending me songs...
songs that I never had
songs that I loved but I'd forgotten
I was so emotional...you have no idea...
Music is Life...
it encompasses so many different aspects...
My music library will never be complete
it keeps growing...thanks to differnt blogpals
But I owe alot of it's content to Ms Uzo
She's wonderful
I remember when we started chatting...
it was all good...
I would leave home and go to work and start chatting with her via email
I couldnt access her yahoo blog from work...
so Im glad she's moved to Blogger
and I've been blessed
I truly believe
I tell people that I rarely meet foolish people online
it's like God orchestrates everything...
so today Im thankful for Uzo...
she's someone everyone would want to have in their circle of friends
and Im glad that she's in mine
and I hope it isnt seasonal...but even if it is...it will still be all good
so yall...Thank God for my friend Uzo
:-)


Uzo...I am thankful for your life
I pray for God to do great things through you
That you will continue to be blessed
You will be favored
I pray that God grants you all your heart desires
at the right time and according to His will

15 comments:

LondonBuki said...

I am first!!! I will go and read the post now.. LOL!!!

LondonBuki said...

I thank God for Uzo too! I used to like reading her Yahoo blog but couldn't leave comments, then she moved to blogger!!! :-) I think I was the first person to leave a comment on her blogger blog, that shows how I enjoyed her posts!!!

She's sent me really good music for my Mummy and I love her Soundbyte posts with MORE MUSIC!

I thank God for you too, in more ways than one... Thank you so much for the Gbenga Owoeye songs and others and the ones you sent over the weekend. I have downloaded them and will burn them to CD for my Mummy today :-)

Diamond, please don't work too hard...

Have a blessed week.

angie said...

I want to thank God too, for bringing wonderful people into our lives, (like Uzo into yours). HE blesses us with wonderful and lovely people like dat.

angie said...

Pls oh take it easy. Don't work too hard, u need ur rest.All work and no play makes Diamond a workaholic..lol

Uzo said...

Oh wow. You have me in tears. Thanks a lot for this. Its weird that just being me is appreciated. You rock chick....Thanks a lot...

NaijaBloke said...

Seems Uzo has sent practically everybody on blogger a song or some,cos she definately hooked a brother up with some songs ....

Hmmm.. Diamond thank you for all the songs u hooked me up with as well,cos u made me know abt Gbenga Owoeye's songs that I had to scavenge for the whole CD and thatz my morning inspiration right there while driving to work and THANKS A WHOLE LOTTA BUNCH FOR THE PRAISE AND WORSHIP SONGS YOU JUST SENT TO ME YESTERDAY COS AM ALREADY JAMMING THAT IN MA CAR.Whatz the name of the group?

U have a nice week and a lovely thanksgiving

diamond said...

@NB..you have more songs from him????? you know you need it to send it o :-)

i believe it's foutain of praise. one of the songs is the one that Bijou was referring to on her site. I love that CD

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Finally I can leave a comment on your post hurray - great post by the way - like angie says I want to thank God for those wonderful people that He brings into ourlives for each seasons of our lives. Thank you Lord.

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

Awwww.. what a sweet tribute... I thank God for the presence of great friends in my life who are with me on the journey... Thank God for them!!!

azuka said...

This is so, so sweet. Here's to your friendship!

Soul said...

Uzo is like ... just whoosh..
a fresh breathe of air.
I'm glad to know that she touched you too..

Gramps said...

It's great to have good friends. Also great to let them know you appreciate them - let them see it, hear it and know it.

Keep on sharing your testimonies. You never know who's reading and who will be encouraged by them

NaijaBloke said...

@Diamond ..I will send u the rest of the songs on that Gbenga Owoeye's CD .. I actually know someone that knows him personally and he has a lot of his CDs .. am trying to get him to burn the CDs and mail it to me from Chicago but not yet,am sure I will get it by 16th of Dec cos hez coming down here and will have to pressurize him to bring them

Naijadude said...

I never stopped going to Uzo's blog because I know there might be a song that will surely hook me up and keep me going there!

I bet Uzo is such a nice soul!!! Nice one to write about a friend! I bet she will be grinning from ear to ear reading this!

Fanwest said...

Now, i am going to check out 'Uzo'