November 6, 2006

The Church and Forgiveness

Im sure we've all seen the news about Ted Haggard committing a sexually immoral act...He resigned...then he got fired... hmmm...will be back to finish this thought in about 4hours


but very quickly...

Today, Im thankful for something my sister sent to me yesterday via Text. "God will work ALL things out for your good"...she said she was prompted to send that message and she obeyed...

Each time I read and reread the message, Im almost reduced to tears. Im just grateful to God for bringing to remembrance His promise to me.

If you are ever at a point, where you have the urge to say something (positive and uplifting) to someone...then do so...cuz you dont know how much it could help. If you have the urge to call someone...then do say...you dont know what you may be preventing. If it's impressed on your mind to pray for someone...stand in the gap for someone...then do so...

I remember reading the chicken soup for soul book...and how friend A called friend B. friend B called back...and you know what...that prevented friend A from committing suicide. Amazing right?

what are you thankful for today

6 comments:

Biodun said...

I read about the Ted Haggard story, crazy, crazy, crazy, stuff. Today I am thankful to be alive and for good health

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

A collegue of mine was telling me about this - seing as she knows how much I love the Lord - she found an opportunity to tell me what she has always wanted to say about christians - But I am glad for God's wisdom - I pray I was of some help to her - and was able to defend my relationship with God -

Ooh well!! -

Today I am thankful to God that I am still here to declare His praise - I am learning to be patient - It can be quite difficult!

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

I've to look up Ted Haggard's story. U know this morning as i was getting dressed, actually as i was combing my hair, it was impressed upon my heart, actually i had this strong urge, to give my hairdresser $50. Mid-Sept her salon got burned. She lost everything in that fire, so now she's sharing a place with her girlfriend, who's also a hairdresser. I mean, dashing out $50 just like that, it's not easy seeing as i'm broke. But when my seed can't seem to satisfy my need, i'd sow it as a seed. This feeling/ thot just came out of the blues. I agree with u, u never know how ur words, prayers, actions can be a blessing.

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

Ted Haggard? i no hear the story.. update me..abi make i go even google the name c if i can cum up with sumthing!!!

I love this idea of being thankful for something everyday... Hmm.. what am i thankful for today...

I'm thankful that i'm pretty and that I have so many great people around me who love me so much...They're there for me no matter what and understand my silly jokes. I'm thankful that God is going to provide me with some money soon cos i wanna get my hair done(lol.. AMEN!!!)

DiAmOnD hawk said...

@Biodun...you know with all the riches in the world...if you dont have the health to enjoy it...it makes no difference...so that is definitely somn to be thankful for

@Life...im much more patient that I used to be...but Lord ppl who think Im impatient now just dont know where I started from....i feel you...it's hard especially when for me sha...ppl seem to be soooooo idiotic

@Bijou...are you sure it wasnt me that you heard...remember...Givers never Lack!

@ONB...having people around you thru the ups and downs is great. Im thanking God about the money for your hair o...cuz you gots to represent!!!! :-)

Uzo said...

The Ted Haggard story is insane...I am really thankful to be alive and have the people in my life....