November 2, 2006

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 2

Today Im thankful that Im able to keep moving

There are so many times I wake up and I just want to lay there...in the bed and do nothing all day. But this is so pointless. I cant just lie there

So I thank God for giving me the strength to get up each and everyday and get moving

Sometimes I feel like my brain is going to explode. There are so many thoughts in my head...so many that I cant make sense of it all. Im not sure what to think first. Im not sure how to act first. I give myself a physical and mental shake

Get it together D!

It's so hard for me sometimes. I feel like it's just me going to battle in life.
Why cant things be easy.
Battled life through my teenage years
thoughts of dying simmered in my head back then
Struggled to support myself through school
Knew that I couldnt quit. I started and so I had to finish
that was really hard for me
Pushing to ensure I have a better life now

One day I thought I was dying. My head was pounding so fierce. I felt so weak.
I called everybody that I knew to call
every. single. person.
No one answered
How is that possible
Nobody answered the phone...
I didnt want to die...God I didnt want to die...

Finally I had to call on God.
I saw a quote on someone's blog. Something about God being the last resort
which isnt the way it should be at all

Im alive...so all is well now
trying to work on speaking to / seeking God first

so Im thankful today, for the strength to keep moving, even when I dont feel like

what are you thankful today?

4 comments:

Biodun said...

Another great post, I get that way atimes, this morning I had stuff to do as early as 6am, but i was too weak n tired to get up, o well, I am still thankful for waking up this morning and having a job to go to, cos I know people seeking jobs right now, thank you Jesus!

Anonymous said...

This is very inspiring, you've been through a lot but your determination and faith have kept you going. Great post.

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

You still have much work to do here - and I praise the Lord the way He's been keeping you and reknewing your strength. We have much to be thankful to God for - I am thankful today becasue He lives I am able to face my problems, becasue He holds my future in His hands and He knows It is well.

NaijaBloke said...

Another inspiring post ... I was reading Biodun's comment and was like WOW!!! .. cos I just finished praying like 5mins ago and part of my Thanksgiving was for having a job now although am trying to get a new one.

I just thank God for being God,cos he never fails,he listens when no one will and for is sense of humour like a blogger said.