November 14, 2006

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 14

I thought when I started this, it would be easy to note each day what Im thankful for. But it isnt...well I think it isnt. I guess it's okay to be thankful for the same things each day right? But I felt I should always write something different...hence the lack of transmission

I have a lot going on around me. It's almost the end of the year...I've not bought my ticket for my Christmas Trip yet...I have to move by the end of this month and Im not sure where to start because I have alot of stuff....I actually moved into this apartment very easily cuz I didnt have alot. Everything in the apartment was given to me...well almost everything... The beds in each room... The dressers...the dining set...The only thing I bought was the Futon, the computer tables and other misc. stuff....I bought a TV but I gave it away...why? Because I won 2 from work and I didnt feel it necessary to have 3 TVs...oh...I bought the ironing board and the iron... I look around me and I realize that Im blessed... I am favored by God. God's favor is....

I remember my freshman year in college...or maybe it was my sophomore year...All I know is the end of the year had come and I had no more money to pay for college...and I was owing them big time. I wrote a letter to the Financial Aid Director to seek assistance...nothing happened. I wrote another letter to him and this time I copied the President of the school. I went to the school post office to try to send it by "express" mail with signature delivery blah blah blah. The person said they dont do that...I'd have to go to the regular post office... Silly me. So I just walked down the street into the financial aid office. I didnt want to take it there myself because I dont really like confronting issues...I will if I have to but I try to avoid anything that may make SOMEONE ELSE feel uncomfortable...generous me right?

Anyways I go right to the Financial Aid office and lucky for me the Director is there and I hand him the letter. He tells me to sit down and proceeds to open and read the letter. We talked. I was almost in tears. I told him I had no support whatsoever and I hated the fact that the school/government insists on using my father's tax return for something he has nothing to do with... I told them I dont talk to my dad...I dont even know where he is half the time...which was a little lie but hey...he could have been in the bathroom at that present time...or visiting a friend...I mean I dont know... :-) I just had to get it through his head that family support wasnt available/reliable and I really wasnt trying to take a break for school...save money...come back..I know some ppl can do it...but I know me...I knew I had to stay the course...

He said "Well Diamond...let's see what we can do for you here"

He turned his computer on and starting punching keys...and within the next half hour, he had allocated funds to me from different scholarships and grants to cover what I owed the school so far and I even had a little bit left over to rollover to the next year. He agreed to sign off every year on my FAFSA that I was an independent student so that I could use my own Tax information. This was great...because to get this done is a major hassle... but by doing this, I would get the most funds for school. Infact, they dont even like doing that...I dont know why...I guess they dont want to bleed the government bank dry...

I walked out of the office with the documents showing that I was paid up...I was so happy...I'm almost certain I was walking on air. I passed a school mate on my way out and smiled at her as I made my way to the Administration offices to show them school was paid for. On my way back to the Dorms...I passed this same school mate who looked at me a little sad...but still with a smile... She said "Seems like you got all the money"...

Yep! The Director had allocated everything he had to me...there was nothing left over... The girl was probably thinking how unfair it was...but you know what? There's nothing fair about Favor. I got back to my room and typed up an email titled "Testimoney"...to share the good news with everyone..I was so happy...

Today I am thankful for God's Favor in my life. I am thankful it is the name I have been blessed with as well. I look back and think about life...and I realized that Yes...I have been favored...I have been uncommonly blessed by God and that continues to be my prayer...

I remember once I went to see a friend in Florida...on a roundtrip $90 ticket...I couldnt believe it...well guess what...they overbooked by ONE...me...so I not only got upgraded to first class I also got a $350 voucher which I ended up using later that year to subsidize my trip to Nigeria. I had a free trip actually but I had to get to NewYork first to take the trip...so that's what I used my Voucher for... Also that year, I used it to go to Boston for my nephew's naming ceremony

Even my apartment...people are suprised at the price I pay for rent...people dont pay this little for even a 1 bedroom....but yet...here I am... I told God what I wanted...and he exceeded my expections....

My job that I have now...you have to go thru 5 interviews before they consider you...well guess what...not only was I late for the interviews each time...I got hired on the 2nd interview...they thought I was someone else... that was God....because I know if that hadnt happened, I wouldnt have gotten the job. It was just 2 of us...the guy didnt even look at my file...he just started talking to me and based on our conversation..he said well if you would like the job, I'd like to go ahead and hire you. I couldnt believe it. I was so happy...i almost hugged the guy...and then someone came in and told him he had the wrong file...but he said he never looks at the files...he just bases his decision on talking to the people.... Now..because they had to have it on record that I took 5 interviews...after I was hired, I had to go through the motions of being interviewed by 3 others...and I tell you based on what I went thru on the last one?...I dont think I would have gotten the job but God had already decreed it...and there was no way this last interviewer could override his boss...HA HA!

Sometimes when Im feeling bad...feeling like Im all alone in this world...I need to remember these things...and know that God can only exceed himself and I should be thankful at all times...in all things...

so God...thank you for your Favor...thank you for the blessings in my life. You are a Great God and I am a living testimony that there is none like you...no one can do the things that you do. I ask for 1 you give me 10...100...1000...you simply blow my mind away and I am Thankful...always... Because I know that I wouldnt be where I am if not for You. I wouldnt have the things I have...if not for You. You supply my needs even before I ask...

I believe in God...I believe that He is the supreme being...I believe that if I only trust..and have my faith in him...then the World is mine to conquer... Ive never been envious of anyone's stuff cuz I know God will do mine for me in His own time...
There's this song that goes: Only believe....only believe...all things are possible...if you only believe...

ONLY believe...that's ALL you have to do..

I believe that my life is in God's hands...I believe He is working everything out for my good....I believe that I am favored and operate in that mode...I believe that I am healed (by his stripes)...I believe that I am blessed...I believe .....
Because I believe these things...I am thanking God for all that has passed...all that is present...and all that is still to come

what are you thankful for today?

17 comments:

angie said...

I read ur post and i feel very gratful to God. Reading ur post, i realized that whenever i came to a "dead end" of some sorts in my life, God always saw me thru every single time. Most times i hardly notice till after a while passes and then i realized that i had overcome that deadend.
A friend once told me to always thank God in advance for His favour on us(esp wen we ave some presing need).
So today i am thanking God that i am priviledged to know Him, to feel His unending love, peace, joy and awesome blessings for me and my family.

LondonBuki said...

I thank God for A LOT. The way I got my present job with no real experience... getting a pay rise for doing absolutely nothing...

I thank God for what is to come in my life and my family's...

I love this post!

Uzo said...

I thank God because i know he loves me and i am favored in his eyes....

Biodun said...

Girl I was wondering where u were, but glad u came back with a bang, love this post, I cant begin to mention all the wonderful things God has done in my life, I am blessed and highly favored. Today I am thankful for all that I have accomplished in my life, cos sometimes I tend to forget while pressing forward wot already had been done, thank you God for getting me thus far!

SapphireAster said...

I love the post....and I am thankful for the blessings that I dont even acknowledge and that I dont deserve.
Diamond..you are highly favoured...you have no reason to second guess or doubt! God's gat ur back!

DiAmOnD hawk said...

Angie...thank you for stopping bye...I definitely agree with your friend. I've already started thanking God for the things I am believing for my future

LondonBuki...that is an awesome testimony. My friend, she has this great job that ppl told her there was no way she could get du2 lack of experience...as children of God...only God's rules and restrictions apply to us...we go as Far as we let him take us...

@Uzo...Uzo you're definitely favored..after all im your friend...dont u know that was God's Favor :-)

Biodun Im here o...it is so important to appreciate where we are and where we've been...Thank God for where you are and where you are going...

Hmm...my dear Sapphire..you've been MIA for a minute o. Where have you been.

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Diamond that was really wonderful. I'm thankful to God that i'm alive and in good health.

Overwhelmed Naija Babe said...

awww.. God is with you babe... I'm thankful for the fact that i knew my grandma a little before she died... she was one of the most sincere and loving people i ever met... and her memory lives on.. Amen

Diamond said...

Bijou...having good health is very important. Thank God for that

ONB...that is such a blessing. I knew my paternal grandmother but my mom's mom died years before i was born. My mom sent me her picture and I look just like her...it was amazing...i even tilt my head in the same way she did when i smile..i now see why everyone in the family calls me by her nickname

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

It is so good to read your blog - as I read it - I had this grin on my face - The way God does things which just blows your mind - That uncommom favour because you are the daughter of the King of Glory - I mean Has He said it and Have not done it - Has He ever let you down - Is he unreliable - NO NO NO - He is always on Time and excedes your expectation. The Kind of favour He gives us only He can do it.

Nomad said...

Wow, I'm so touched by your testimony. I have to learn to be thankful because in the midst of the troubles of life, God's favour continues to shine through; the key is to stay focused on what He does and says. Thank you.

Through these eyes said...

What a wonderful post. You totally made my day with your post. We give God all the glory!!! My life is like an emotional rollercoaster ride and your posts reminds me to keep my eyes on the prize. Yes, we will have struggles and battles to overcome. Only after you have made it through the storms, can you enjoy the warm, enduring sunshine. May God bless you like you have just blessed us with your testimony. Amen! :)

DiAmOnD hawk said...

Thru these eyes...I say a Big Amen to that...I am blessed to be a blessing...

Life...see you grinning...tears rolled down my eyes as I rushed to write it on tuesday morning. Sometimes I am so overwhelmed by God's goodness...

Nomad...as we deal with the day to day stuff...it's so important for us to remember who our God is and always make positive confessions

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

@D - that grim just reminded me of my uncommon favour - The way the Lord keeps opening Doors - As you told the testimony - I remember thinking surley MY GOD Loves me way toooooooo much - because the kind of favour he throws my way - If you cant handle it you can get ovewhelmed - Like God what can I give you in return. I remember sometimes having that kind of conversation with God - what do you want - Just tell me- What can I give you - cause YOU are too much. He is really is sooooooooooooooo Faithful.

The Lord really is good.

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

@D - like I can ever give God anything - What can you give the creator of the entire universe - Your Father and Lover of your soul -

cause If I were God - you pay for every penny Ive given you - LOL - but seriously - It makes you think of how much you are loved - and if you love Him 1/infinitesimal of His love - you will try to please HIM.

Ok I will go and do my work. Take care girl - and Continue Remaining Blessed.

Belle said...

girl.. this post is powerful. You have me in tears thinking about Gods goodness! You are a living testimony.. and i thank you for sharing that story with us. I needed to read this today...!

Vera Ezimora said...

Diamond, I completely understand where you're coming from. The way God does His things is just.....it takes my breathe away. Just when you think you've gotten to the end of your rope, He extends it.