October 5, 2006

Today

Today is wonderful.
I got to work today and the manager asked if I had on makeup and I was like no, I said I guess I just scrubbed it really hard this morning. Im not one of those fussy ladies. I rarely wear makeup...I just cant be bothered. I was trying to remember what I did differently today...oh...I didnt put vaseline on my face today...she was like "you look good"... hmmmmm...a compliment to start off the morning....nice nice. Yes...I know Im a bush girl...using vaseline on my face. Anyone have any suggestions for what I really should use. Im a late bloomer I guess...I just cannot get into makeup...Im trying sha...being that Im getting older...just minimal things...I dont want to use my face as an artists' canvas. Im going to get some eye shadow and mascara from MAC soon. I dont like lipstick...I use Victoria Secret's lip gloss...my sister introduced me to them...sometimes I just line my lips with a brown pencil and put some vaseline...hehe...there goes another use for vaseline again... Vaseline is the cure all o. I carry it everywhere I go....it's a moisturizer...lip gloss...shoe shiner (although I cant remember ever using it for that but I heard it works)
It's employee appreciation day at work today. Got an email early this morning that in a random drawing 45 employees will be chosen for a massage and guess who got one of the spots....moi!!!
As soon as I got the email I knew that I would get one of the spots...it's just one of those things that you know...that you feel. I had to ask who was giving the massage though...dont want no management team touching up on me you know...copping a feel for free....I think NOT! It was done by a professional...her name is Shakwana. They wanted me to sign a disclaimer first...I was like ah ah...for what? In case of injury blah blah blah. Men I pled the blood of the lamb before I entered the room where the massage was to take place. I've never had a professioinal massage. Meeeeeennnnn those ppl can kill somebody o. As in the pressure the put on you....almost equal to deadly force. All I know is dont get into a fight with a masseuse. The pressure felt good. I felt weightless afterwards. I think I may have to include massages into some sort of monthly routine. I told her I wanted to learn...not to do it professional...just do it on loved ones...my lover (whoever that is) most especially. Anyways if I dont learn, I will be sure to include this into my schedule at least once a year.
Also, I got a gift from my sister today for my birthday. I was very excited. It's a nice handbag. It is sooooooooo tres chic...as in I emptied my LV bag and started rocking the one I received. I was undecided....should I wait or not...I decided against waiting. I went to go pick it up from the post office today. I love the smell of leather. Intoxicating. My sister has superb taste. But seriously...that post office...those ppl are thieves...My dad's birthday was like 2wks ago and I had his card since but I hadnt sent it...so I said since Im going to the post office I'll carry my mail with me...that's how the guy said you owe 24more cents...I asked for what? He said the card is heavy. na wa o. The envelope didnt state extra postage needed. I think they're cheating me...Yes it's only 24more cents...but for ONE card? nothing inside...just one piece of paper to let my dad know that Im sorry his card is late. I asked him what would have happened if I had just put in the mailbox instead...he said the person receiving it would probably have to pay the difference....can you imagine? Is this not legal thievery?
Anyways got back to work....found a parking spot in the front. God is good. As in parking is scarce...especially in the front...it's typically filled by lunch time after which we have to park in the garage...Now me? I've never parked there .... as in why? who wants to HIKE to work...it's must be like half a mile away from the buildilng. ok..maybe it isnt half a mile but I just cant be walking all that distance to work...You know what? it must be half a mile. Anyways Thank God for a premier parking spot. So I got back to work and guess what....free lunch...and it was decent this time...can this day be more perfect?
All in all today has been a good day
Im looking for a Nigerian Happy Birthday song...by edna something or other...if anyone has it, can they send it to me...pretty please?
How are yall doing? I just jumped into talking about my day without even asking how you were doing. Shame on me. Hope you guys are doing okay
okay...gotta get back to work
ciao

20 comments:

Anthony Arojojoye said...

Mine was wonderfulI'm afraid I could miss your birthday. So accepted a post-dated birthday wish.

Bon anniversaire.

DiAmOnD hawk said...

merci monsieur
quand avait-il lieu votre anniversaire ?

Uzo said...

Hey you...did i miss your birthday? You really shouldnt be using vaseline on your face. It clogs your pores and makes your face really really shine. Its great for the lips though. I use it before bed and wake up to kissable soft lips.

DiAmOnD hawk said...

no girl....my birthday is tuesday...i actually use vaseline lotion...and a few times i use regular vaseline but in minute quantity...cuz i always feel like my face is dry if i dont especially in the winter time....any suggestions?

LondonBuki said...

U are my brother's birthday mate... October 10th!

It's Evi Edna... don't have the song but will search for you.
I am not a make up person either... right now I only have my Jergens lotion on my face and Blistex Lip Medex on my lips... I rarely wear makeup... just when I am going out out.

Hope you are enjoying the Bag well well oh.

Enjoy your weekend and Happy Baiday in Advance :-)

diamond said...

your brother must be a wonderful person :-)
10/10 is the most perfect day in the most perfect month
:-)

Onya Baquebeich said...

wow... sounds to me like your lucks in? How much did u get for your soul?

NaijaBloke said...

U r my favourite cousin's birthday mate too,but am seriously fighting with her now.So no calling her on her birthday be that.

diamond said...

shame on you NB...you better call her...im sure she's a great person and whatever it is ...is YOUR fault :-)...
but for real...call her...so NB...NB...NB...im still waiting

NaijaBloke said...

Cool down now ..will send it 2moro ..LOL ..

U see women will always side their own ..so u've already assume it is ma fault now.

Anthony Arojojoye said...

Vous êtes bienvenu. Mon anniversaire a lieu la seconde au dernier jour de l'année.

Vera Ezimora said...

Oh my gosh Diamond, you use vaseline on your face? LOL. I'm just imagining your face. Gal, that should be illegal! Do you know that under the sun, the glare from the face would be ten times more than the one you get from high beams in the snow? Dang, Diamond! Don't lemme report 2 to the law. I'm pretty sure that somewhere in the constitution (some section & subsection), it clearly declares it there

Anyways, I use vaseline 4 my lips too.

Hahaha, can't stop laughing @ vaseline on ur face.

Desola said...

Girl, I had to laugh at the thought of you rubbing vaseline on your face o. That is mega funny! What? You think you're still in Nursery school? Even my 5 year old niece knows better than that. But eh, whatever rocks your boat ojare.

However, Vaseline is my best friend too. I used to use Elizabeth Arden's visible difference lotion on my body but this past year, i've come to realise that nothing works best for a black skin - okay, my skin than Vaseline. I totally forget about dry skin. It is multipurpose too.

diamond said...

ah ah...u guys should have mercy on me now.... as in i use vaseline lotion... or i use regular vaseline...but minutely..as in just stick my finger...rub my palms together...blah blah blah...I do that to prevent dryness...u get?...u have to see me to understand...i may put a pic up

Ms.Vera...please...dont report me o. lol. what do YOU guys use on your faces now....

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Diamond, as always you post brings out hilarious laughters out of me. Nice post as usual.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO you. Cause we are somany hrs infront. It is now tuesday so Im wishing you a happ birthday from Yokohama.

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Don't mind them jere, Diamond. I use Vaseline lotion, the cucumber and aloe extract one on my face too to prevent dryness. The greay vaseline i use on my feet, esp. in winter.

NaijaBloke said...

Happy Birthday O Aunty Diamond,many happy returns and abeg cybermail my cake ASAP...

LOL @ the vaseline issue ..WOMEN SHA

Did u get the Maxwell songs I sent yesterday?

Diamond said...

thank God...I have a partner here...Bijou.. :-)

NB...yes...i got the songs...i was quite surprised. thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to send them to me...dont worry...i have a slice of cake 'specially for you :-)

diamond said...

@Life...when are you coming back now...thanks for the birthday wish..hope you celebrated it for me over there....as in im having a 24hr worldwide party

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

God willing Friday night/saturday morning 13/14 of october.