September 3, 2006

The Kiss

I wrote a poem "The Kiss" a couple of years back. Even though I didnt realize it until two days ago...this was my somewhat "harlequin romance/Mills & Boon" type kiss. We'd been doing the internet chat thing for about 3months before he came to see me. We went to the movies...we saw Ladies Man...towards the end of the movie, he leaned over and softly kissed my lips...and it was good...and it kept going and going and going....and in the midst of all that he was whispering to me "Will you be my baby"...and what do you think my answer to that was. So we became an official couple for the next 3months. Needless to say after the movie we couldnt stay apart the entire night...we unsuccessfully tried to ditch the friends we were with...anyways that's history...just something I remembered since I wanted to talk about "The Kiss"

Let me give you a little background

I like to kiss. I think kissing is a sociorecreational sport. It's fun. The strategic meshing of lips, artful, playful or just plain sloppy, the way the tongue whips around sometimes as if in serious battle...it's great.

I went to Nigeria right after I finished high school... without one kiss. So while in Nigeria, I was determined that I would learn how to kiss. No more make-believe...leaning against the door/wall pretending that the back of my hand belonged to the lips of my amorous lover. So I started to recruit people. I wanted to learn how to kiss. My experience was interesting. With all of my experience, with the exception of one or two, I did not fall weak in the knees when I was kissed. Time did not stand still, the room didnt fade to black and I most definitely did not get transported to a world beyond this one. Yep...you guessed it...my mind had been corrupted by the Romance Novels I got addicted to from my preteen years. To reinforce that corruption were the images that would flash on the screen from various TV shows/Soap Operas and the Movies...even to live displays of affection in the School Hallways and School Bus.

My sister told me about her first kiss with her current boyfriend and with her permission I told her I would share it. Nothing major to write about. Just that after their first kiss, the guy who drove to her house....the guy who drove his car to take her around town was unable to drive back. He left his car and hopped on Okada (commercial motorcyle) back home. The kiss had affected him that much. I was amazed...that he felt that kiss so much that he couldnt even trust himself to drive home. She told me a friend had relayed a similar story. Her friend's boyfriend walked himself about 10 miles home after their first kiss. Now if I wasnt hearing these things from my sister, then I would say these stories are LIES.

So I guess kissing isnt a sport as I assumed it to be
People go on and on about how it's the most intimate thing...more intimate than sex/love making and I look at them like "are you kidding me?" Another friend said she knew her then boyfriend, now husband was the one because when they kissed, her knees buckled.

Buckling knees. Walking home. Being dazed and unable to drive.

These are some serious reactions
So I guess when I watch Movies, TV Shows and all that...those emotions/reactions portrayed really do exist as I once thought and as I've always read.
It's no wonder that a kiss can escalate into full blown sex very quickly...I mean the knee buckling gets you on the floor...being dazed...gets your clothes off and WHAM BAM...dont forget the Thank you

I'm re-virginizing my kissing instruments. I'm tired of kissing just because it seems like the thing to do...kissing just for the sake of kissing... and kissing frogs at that...people with bad techniques...all teeth, no tongue...too sloppy...chapped lips that i thought would crack my teeth...I've had it with all that...so much so that I decided I wouldnt kiss my prince until we meet at the altar (seriously!)...well not on the lips...we'll do like the birds..peck here...peck there...everywhere peck peck... (i think im deluding myself on this one..hehehe)

I reflect back on my poem...What I wrote was only an introduction. I want that and more...
I've put an end to purposeless/instructional kissing...actually did this a couple of years back

I want the kiss that would start a fire in my belly and burn up the rest of my body
I want to be consumed
....to be the only one that can daze my man into forgetting...
I want even the anticipation of The Kiss to feel like a marathon is about to or has just been run...
That feeling preempting the kiss that will breathe fiery passion into life...
....and take me on so many wonderful journeys and erotic excursions
I want to be the giver and the recipient of such

A kiss is not something I can share casually anymore...
*click on the words in red to go to the poem

13 comments:

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Girl, u've read waaaaaay too many M&B's. But it's so true. I used to think kissing was gross, like seriously, why would i want my lips on another person's plus the fact that our salivas could be exchanged? Until i had my 1st kiss. All thots of how gross kissing can be, vanished sharp sharp, i couldn't believe it. Anyways, that has made me vow, with God's help for real, that the next person i'd kiss would be my hubby. Of course, there'd be occassional pecks.

uzo said...

Wow! Interesting blog. I have heard of time standing still for kisses and all that. It happens. But and like all things in life there is a but...does it happen that often. Nope. It could just be sexual attraction.

I like this blog. I need some more romance in my life. Note the word romance. Not attention from men. Romance. *sigh*

Diva aka Miss Davis said...

No Sweetheart Kissing is not a sport! It is truly an art! When you master it then you will have that man eating out of the palm of your hand!

Onada said...

Sweet valley high corrupted me.... i was desperate for first kiss as a teenager LOL

@UZO i think time standing still for a kiss depends on the kiss and the person who has got to be HOT by the way.

DiAmOnD hawk said...

remember SVU but didnt really get into it as much as Famous 5, Mallory Towers, St Clair something or other...

so Onada...was it everything you thot it would be?...yeah im being nosy

Belle said...

You and me both....

**sigh**

LondonBuki said...

I TOTALLY feel you...

Biodun said...

LOL, I had my first kiss after high skool n guess this I didnt even know I was about 2 be kissed, the guy told me 2 close my eyes n I did, it didnt even occur 2 me , that I was about 2 be kissed, so it was badddddddd. I love ur whole out look on kisses, yes o those tingly feelings r important, lol. I love the spiderman kiss too, one of my favorites!

DiAmOnD hawk said...

gosh biodun that was funny...he said just close your eyes...my first kiss wasnt the best either...hopefully you've had more and better ones at that to compensate

shay said...

hmmmm....i'm glad u've come to the realization that a kiss is special. it is for me...and i guess that's what makes me look forward to the kisses from my sweetheart 'cos with him, every kiss is like that first special kiss we had...i know it sounds kinda cheesy but it's true. props for wanting to wait until ur wedding day :)

DiAmOnD hawk said...

my darling Shay....u know it's mouth im using to say that one o...but im going to try as hard as possible...God will help me...Amen!!! lol

Onya Baquebeich said...

i spent my first kiss looking over her shoulder watching out for the integrated science teacher who was on night duty and making sure we were all in our classes as opposed to tongue wrestling.
I spent my second kiss staring at the mirrow behind her and wondering just why her arse was unaturally round.

Daddy's Girl said...

@DH: Very nice post, I really enjoyed this. You sabi write o. I am loving your blog... and good luck with your resolution!

@delot: Lol!! Unnaturally round? And the poor chick thought you were as 'into it' as she was...