August 28, 2006

Weekend Rantings

It's monday again everyone. The start of the work week for most. You know what I think, if you dont feel like going to work EVERY monday, then maybe...just maybe you should change jobs/careers...
I had a wonderful weekend again. Worked on saturday...on Sunday, didnt go to church as planned. Didnt visit my cousin as planned. All because I slept late. I was to be up by 5am...I did wake up briefly but I wanted another 5minutes, next thing I know it's 6:30am....basically changed the rest of my plans. I slept around past 2am...but I thought I'd be able to make it. Well I caught the live service on the net so it was all good. I did manage to bake a cake and cook some fried rice. Gave most of it away and giving the rest away at work today. I also managed to do laundry...Im so proud of me...I had a productive weekend. The only comma was my aunt telling my mom that if i dont go back to school she should request I come home. Maybe they've forgotten that I've been on my own since I was 17 and pretty much do things the way I want
My girlfriends and I were talking...I'll post about that in a bit...and we were talking about men...you know that's our favorite topic...marriage...boyfriends...sex....all that. We were talking about the quality of men and this this that. My friend just came back from Nigeria...she hadnt been in like 10years and she said she was looking for men for all of us...yeye girl...she's very silly since we each have significant others. Anyways we got on the topic of men being "Fine"...marrying a fine boy. One was telling the other "Do you want to have ugly kids?".... Out of nowhere, this girl says "Did you see ********'s website.....did you see their parents?"
OH GOODNESS! If yall knew the website she was talking about....you guys would open your mouth in instant shock then burst out laughing.....me, Im not doing this wedding website thing. See how ppl just start dissing other ppl's parents...well im not worried about my parents (would i say anything else?)...Anyways she was saying the couple is beautiful but marrying a beautiful person doesnt guarantee having beautiful children.
On the website tip...I know, wetin be my business right? But please I went to someone's website...it was soooo boring....I just think if you're gonna have a website that you're going to share....it should be interesting..please dont be mad...i'm just saying...i mean it was UTTERLY boring...everything was condensed...how they met...blah blah blah...I hope their lives are more interesting than that site..okay....moving on...not my business..it's not like I even know them or had any business looking at their site
One of my managers at work is getting married and moving to a foreign state... you know... states like South Dakota... utah... alaska... those are the foreign states...the ones you're surprised there are black people (me and my ignorant behind right?)...MONTANA....gosh....im willing to bet there's a nigerian in everyone of these states...my friend's mother went on business to india some time back and who does she see but a naija guy pushing a wheel barrow.... Well one thing I know for sure is that Nigerians will work to make their money...
Anyways this manager talked about how she protected her wedding website comments so that they all have to be approved. One of her friends told her she went on her Ex's website and told the truth....about how the guy really wanted to marry her instead and he just came to visit her a couple of weeks ago and blah blah blah....women shaaaaaaa.....hell hath no fury right? Anyways what im trying to say here is, she said she's not going to put up her wedding pictures on her site...she's going to have it on a different site and you'll need a password to get into it....well guess what?
YOURS TRULY has the password. How?....I was accessing the main pictures of Rhyna and BJ (legally and Im not sharing)...and who do I see in the gallery....but pictures of my manager and her man....their engagement pictures...hehehehehehe....so i guess i'll be able to access their wedding pictures since they're using the same photographer...
I kinda wish I'd gone for Rhyna and BJ's wedding...oh well...but honestly it was beautiful. I may have been a little cross eyed trying to look at all the pictures but everything from the dress to the minute details of the wedding...WONDERFUL. Everyone looked beautiful and from inside details, it was well organized...that to me is key!
A friend told me about Doreen and Bayo's wedding...how they both knelt down to feed each other....she did...then he did....aaaaawwwww...that's so cute...so humble...seems like a great way to start off the marriage...I wish them the best. I may need to recruit him & Miguel to teach me and my friends' boyfriends a few things. Mr. Baale...are you taking note? :-)
Some of my friends dont see how it is I will marry a proper naija man...they think im too yakeenized...they're so wrong though. Maybe they're pulling my legs...I mean I've only dated Nigerian guys...not deliberately...it just always works out that way. I love my culture and I do look forward to kneeling down and feeding my own husband, amongst other things. The alleged ultra-feminist in me will have to simmer down when it comes to my marriage. Im not so sure though of cooking those funky meats...
How was your weekend people. Anything interesting happen?

on a final note: when someone tells you to have a "good day"....tell them to have a "better one"...I like that alot. Someone said it to me a while back and someone else said it to me on saturday. It always puts a smile on my face....and ever since I heard it, I've tried to pass it on....try it this week

18 comments:

temmy said...

You got me laughing about comments on people's parents o.Uhmnn....better to watch our tongues lest we offend the world.
Anyways,me had a lovely weekend.I was at my friend's wedding in Birmingham. Aawgh........ u need to see the pictures. Will soon upload on my blog.

DiAmOnD hawk said...

temmy...glad you had a lovely weekend...now when you say birmingham...is that england...or is that alabama?...

please hurry up with the pic update o...did the couple have a website?

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

It's not fair, Diamond. Ask the couple if u can share the pixs on the WWW. By the way, are Rhyna and BJ going to upload their wedding pixs on their site?

Diamond said...

okay my jeweled friend...I got permission to share...so I'll post the link shortly

NaijaBloke said...

It is true abt 2 good looking parents having ugly kids o...chie .know some ppl o.
Abt Nigerians been seen everywhere,1 of my friends normally go to Alaska every 2 weeks for work and he said he was surprised when he met a Nigerian in a bar over there and he said he stays there.

Nuthn interesting happened to me over the weekend,just that I realized I can still go out,stay till like 4am and and wake up like 7.30am to go out cos I did that on saturday morning and was in a training from 8am till 5pm.

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

I'm waiting patiently for the pixs
, my blinging friend

Vera Ezimora said...

Girl, I feel you on that wedding site thing sha. Me sef, I don't cate about what they look like cause I know you can never ever know/predict some1 by what he/she looks like. The finest men can be assholes, and the UN-finest ones can just be the bomb! But anyways, wat I'm talking about is the story. There r some sites that u cannot help but laugh with/at what they wrote, and there are some that get you soooo angry, you start thinking about breaking up with ur significant other sef. Anyways, that's all sha. Have a GOOD DAY (and u betta wish I have a betta one than you!) :D)

DiAmOnD hawk said...

@Vera thanks for stopping by...
you know...I think the finest men are sometimesz that way cuz they know their looks will draw people in..but the ugly ones kinda have to work hard at it...hence their niceness...romanticness...all that...u feel me?

DiAmOnD hawk said...

Bijou...i put it up..hopefully you saw it before I took it down again...if not...just email me

uzo said...

Alright, my weekend, you know about. Wedding sites, i love the idea. Its so great. I will agree with you that there are some that are so boring and faded looking. If you are going to make the world envy you and wish they had your life, you might as well do it right. LOL

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder it has been said. No comments on that one.

Nigerians are everywhere. A griend of my family lives in Greenland. Yup. And someone else i know has a cousin in Newfoundland.

Diamond said...

Uzo...you're so right...beauty is in the eye of the beholder...I use to say that...but as I've matured, I've understood it. Beauty is by no means limited to the physical...

Africainement said...

lol..yeah the new wedding webbie trend..i havent seen much thu from african french speaking peeps..(im 1) it's cool thu i think...!

Just Thinking Out Loud! said...

Sounds like a great weekedn for sure. It amazes me how people think if you marry a fine person, your kids will be fine. Mehn, story! There is something called recessive gene. lol! That's what I tell people. Kid could enp up picking traits from way back. lol!

You ladies and wedding sites sef. I don tire. : ) It's like a competition now. But it's all good!

And don't mind those that say you are too yankeenized or how did u put it. Be yasef! But no forget culture o!

Nice post. Enjoy!

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Thanx my blinging lady, i saw the pixs yesterday nite. I must say, the bride's dress was fantabulous. C'mon, 'twas just too beautiful and she carried it well. I was even using style style to see if i'd see someone wey resemble Professor, as per he sang a solo for the couple nau. Anyways, before u say i'm an alaimo ore (ungrateful person), i say make i troway thank u for ya corner.

diamond said...

if he sang a solo...then i WILL find his picture lol...thanx for the tip!!!

Diamond said...

found him!!! yaaayyy for me... :-)

Cherub (former Bijouxoxo) said...

Na wa for u, Diamond. So u went thru all the pixs, searching for Miguel? Una wellu done o and i'm sure it's not as if u're jobless. It's good sha, me too, i was using style style to see if i could spot him.

Diamond said...

actually i didnt go thru all the pictures. i just picked a random page number to see the pictures...since they were taken in order of the service and I was lucky...picked the right page...and had a fam member confirm it