August 25, 2006

Im scared. I am.

Since the beginning of the year, I've been planning to go see my sister...the one who just turned a year older on sunday. I'd been looking at prices and for the time frame I planned on going, I was looking at ticket prices in excess of $800. I refused to purchase a ticket for that price to England because I felt that I might as well go to Nigeria

I didnt expect this to happen.

Im at work with some down time. Im looking for a ticket
I went to aol. hotwire. & finally cheaptickets for my search
check out www.bookingbuddy.com It helps you search multiple carriers at the same time

At first what came up was United. Then I started to remember about the United flight that crashed. I looked for random dates to go and all of a sudden, I started to tremble. What if Im booking the flight that will lead to my demise. My cousin died recently when a plane crashed. Im just not ready to die.

Here I am...happy...living life. Im trying to book a ticket months in advance but that may very well be the ticket that will...
I wish I didnt feel this way. Im almost at the point of tears. I cant imagine how or when I became this fearful person. Well I guess I can

My friends are travelling all the time. Im trying not to be scared. I really am. How will I make this fear go away. I almost on the verge of tears. I stopped searching. Emailed my sister briefly with my estimated dates. Im waiting for her to respond. I think I'll have her do the search and just let me know what dates she chose

God help me. Pray for me please.

7 comments:

TaureanMinx said...

Hi Diamond, no need to be scared..pray before your flight and leave it up to God. no one wants to die but it could happen anytime...AND statistically flying is the safest mode of transport. Theres no need to fear anything but God himself. (Im scared of flying too but thats what I tell myslef...it works). Safe Journey

Mola said...

DiAmOnD u are trippin... U r overthinking things here... U need to stop dwelling on the news u hear on TV and Radio, its always bad news... I have heard of plane crashes happening, but I dont pay attention to the Airlines, why? because I hate dwelling on Bad News and negative things...Just Pray, have faith, enter the plane, relax and "FEAR NOT"...Im giving u tough love because you need to get over ur fear of flying ...Safe Flight DiAmonD, tell us about the trip when u return

NaijaBloke said...

Diamond stay ur ass away from the TVVVVVVV ..... Just pray before u get on the plane.The way I psyche myself is ok am going to pray for forgiveness of all my sins before getting on this plane and if I die ..Home sweet home (Heaven).

Have a safe trip gurl and did u send me a bunch of songs?

DiAmOnD said...

@NB you're too kind...using "a bunch"....i felt like i was OVERWHELMING YOU. just say WHEN and I'll stop.

@Mola...I NEED YOUR NUMBER ON SPEED DIAL because it is you I will call to snap be RIGHT BACK to reality...

@TMinx...thanks gurl...I just need ppl to keep telling me...cuz somehow telling myself...it doesnt seem to work...

uzo said...

You know my views on this issue. The US has successfully propagated a culture of fear and you are buying into it. Pray before you take off and before you land. And i dont mean to be morbid, but when its your time to go, it is. So dont stop living your life because of some fears.

NaijaBloke said...

Diamond overwhelming me ke..not at all ..abeg shoot all the songs for ur hard drive sef..i will just delete the ones I have and Thx for the songs.I just need to start backing up all my mp3s to an external drive cos my laptop is on overload now and I don't want the thing to crash and me loosing my songs.

I was just wondering if it was u that sent the songs cos the email address was different and the name too.

diamond said...

ah ah NB...see you trying to call me out...take e ez o...finally downloaded itunes today but Im getting my IPOD soon. I've been hinting my sister so may she'll get it first

yeah the email & name were different...i have to have an alias u know... :-)