June 29, 2006

Iraqi Bloggers

I stumbled upon this blog today and found other interesting ones...
I think it's nice to be able to read directly from people in Iraq about what they're doing
so if you click on the word "blog" and look on the right-side panel...scroll down a bit...you'll see different blogs from people there...

I enjoyed this one in particular: Iraqi Wife ...it's the only one I really read...she also has links to other iraqi bloggers...

I mean this is as authentic as it gets...people living in the midst of it all. I read a letter on one of the sites....We sit here in our houses...watching the news...it doesnt seem real sometimes...it only takes a finger to change the channels...but these people are living everyday...every minute...
That letter could be the last the guy writes...the last time they hear from him.....you can only live for the moment...I read the letter and realized I was reading history...as in these are the things that get archived...

i felt something trickle down my cheeks...didnt even know i was crying


****
Just read that Hamas is giving up the soldier....I was watching the news...and I heard they were warning Israel...but Im like you're the one that went looking for trouble first, now you cant take the heat and want to issue warnings...Israel dont play that nonsense...anyone seen Munich? I went to see it after movie hopping from Derailed but my friend had to leave so I bought the DVD but Im yet to watch it....

but with everything going on...I was thinking we're about to start a 3rd world war....

who's safe?

1 comment:

aihammed delot said...

some of the things israel do for the sake of being the mightier hand is surreal. God save us all from just retribution