May 11, 2006

Who wants to die?

When will the sleeping giant wake up?

I've been hearing a lot abut OBJs third term agenda (tta). I've been wondering how exactly he's going to pull it off but with the recent inanities displayed by our elected officials, I really do believe this joker will get his way.
How ridiculous!!!

I'm gung-ho for wanting to turn Nigeria around...save the world in the process... (maybe due to my birth order) but I feel powerless and it is not a feeling I enjoy. How would I pull this giant from the depressing abyss it has sunk into....how would I do it? Where would I start from? Who would support me? I used to be quite vocal about wanting to become the President (or the President's wife) because I felt that would be the only way to effect change. Ije told me there would be bloodshed. When I talked to daddy, He said "My dear, Nigeria is not for you" and he gave this derisive laugh. He went to Nigeria years ago wanting to make a difference. "Baby, those people dont want to change anything since they're profitting from the situation." This is so depressing. I remember Didi talking about she knows her father did this and that and whatever, it's the way the country is...kai...I wanted to dash her cheeks five hot fingers...*hiss*. Even Moha saying he was sad his uncle died but happy for Nigeria...he knows his uncle did so many bad things, things that his family is still profiting from....I think he just told me that...just to tell me
Everyone is starting an NGO, trying their best to do what they feel is best...I want to hop on the bandwagon too. Actually I already did. God let me and my sister Seun do the right thing. Lead us to the right people. I dont want to be an organization that starts off and becomes one of many. God please help us to be strategic in what we do. We have to start from the bottom and re-train society. We have to try to influence the mindset of little children so that they dont grow up to become tyrants and believe they are justified in being so. And the children of some of these tyrants need to try and take a stand. It's like an ongoing vicious cycle. Only a select few want to retain control

I dont believe in Democracy. I wish I could take over. I know absolute power corrupts absolutely but all we need is ONE person to be true to themselves, ONE person willing to fight against the odds and start to make changes no matter how little. But with so many different people with their hidden agendas in this farce that we call democracy, I dont see how the country will move forward.

I spoke with Laolu last year. He was feeling rather patriotic after his visit home. I'm not sure he's too serious. I told him something that I'd finally realized. You must be willing to die to effect change. Slavery in America, Apartheid in South Africa....if we knew we had nothing else to lose I believe we would become a more effective people. But who wants to die? Is my conviction that strong? Is there another way? People keep saying things will get worse before they get better but the worse has passed...I mean we are way beyond "worse".

Maya Angelou said "If you dont like something, change it. If you cant change it, change your attitude, dont complain"...aint that the truth. All we do is complain. All I do is talk about how ridiculous things are as I pull my hair out in frustration and allow my bp to rise. How many petitions will be written...all we do is complain. All I do is vent, vent, vent...I feel like King Solomon in Ecclesiastes...well maybe not...

Decisive action must be taken. A better question will be am I willing to lay down my life for Nigeria. Can I work to do all that is within my power to do and know that the worst they can do is take my life? Will it even be worth it? Oprah said she believes that women are the ones that will save Africa...SAY IT SISTA...it is what I believe

DiamondHawk for President!

3 comments:

the flying monkeys said...

hello

i saw your comment on thinking out loud!

do you love music?

if you do, check out additional ayetoro samples: 2 (oga and pepple street blues)additional samples added

wolefash said...

woman for Naija president. Wil be a great idea. God knows we are not lacking in materials, from Okonjo-Iweala to Kema Chikwe to Dora Akunyili, to BlackHawk and the rest of them all.
But in case any of you peeps are unable to make it thru, I still think you should queue up behind the Obasanjo Third Term deal. As a nation, we haven't had an as good deal ever. Why risk certainty for the dangerously Unknown? We as a nation have a pathetic experience of leadership at the highest level, until the man- Check all RECORDS!!!!

Dilch said...

Nice piece - and very true, too much talk and not enough action